IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

On ball control and footwork, I agree. On finishing it's not just his shooting from distance though. he has always been average at one on ones also. He's actually in the 50th percentile for shot accuracy and shot conversion. 

It would be interesting to see season by season. As a poacher he was brilliant under Carlo but he's suffered from having to play 2 roles. His nomination for goal of the season shows what he can do when he's not having to do all the work beforehand like in 90% of games.

But in any case it should be better for a striker. I just don't see him as a striker as I've said, I see him as a CF, meaning his primary focus is helping the team in build up much like Lukaku was a striker who could finish but the rest of his play is average at best. Which was fine because we had more creative players and he was our focal point for goals. Dom is more the focal point for attacking rather than finishing. 

That's how it is in my head at least.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It would be interesting to see season by season. As a poacher he was brilliant under Carlo but he's suffered from having to play 2 roles. His nomination for goal of the season shows what he can do when he's not having to do all the work beforehand like in 90% of games.

But in any case it should be better for a striker. I just don't see him as a striker as I've said, I see him as a CF, meaning his primary focus is helping the team in build up much like Lukaku was a striker who could finish but the rest of his play is average at best. Which was fine because we had more creative players and he was our focal point for goals. Dom is more the focal point for attacking rather than finishing. 

Here's his stats from last few seasons: he's got progressively worse - lots of factors obviously.

(the percentiles are from ALL players not just forwards)

20/21 (16 goals 33 Games)

Shot conv 22% / 85th

Shot Acc 64% / 90th

21/22 (5 goals / 17 games)

Shot conv 18% / 77th

Shot Acc 48% / 64th

22/23 (2 goals / 17 games)

Shot conv 8% / 48th

Shot Acc 40% / 50th

23/24 (7 goals / 32 games)

Shot conv 11% / 52nd

Shot Acc 48% / 55th

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Not good enough to be a penalty box finisher. He had the benefit of playing in front of James who was finding space for the likes of Richarlison to cross it in for a tap in.  He was scoring goals but most of them were gifts. 

he's a target man and an elite one at that when he's fully fit.  I like the lad but it makes sense to move him on if he's not signing new contract 

Agree with Matt that DC-L is more of a forward and gets involved in a lot of play. I mean, the work rate from him is, in my opinion, top class.

But as said by Haf and some others, if he don't sign a new contract with us then it would be better to let him go. For the club's sake and probably also for him.

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

By that logic, what we need to do is get in players that are going to create chances for him, not get rid....in a decent side, and injury free, he's a twenty plus a season guy for me...and I'd rather he got the support to achieve that at Everton and not somewhere else. He didn't become England's second choice behind Kane by accident.

Sadly, Mike, he's not second choice to Kane now.

17 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Sadly, Mike, he's not second choice to Kane now.

That was purely down to him being injured though; Watson/Toney jumped him in the pecking order, I'd not be at all surprised to see him get the place back.

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

We are a much weaker team without him. The end of the season proved exactly that. One of most memorable victories for a few years involved his goal. Funnily enough the most memorable game before that was Palace when we were 0-2 down. 

So in true Evertonian style, ye…. Let’s get rid.

We really are a strange bunch of fans aren’t we. No one can ever tell us were a copy and paste fanbase.

He's in his last year of contract and isn't going to extend 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He's in his last year of contract and isn't going to extend 

I know he is on his last year, but I don’t have the knowledge that he isn’t going to extend. I have read the daily mail and they say it agreed. But if I’m honest I read so much shit these days that I prefer to listen to what the actual players say.

And Dom has said how happy he is and how much he lives the fans.

Which could also be just as much BS as the media. But given a choice…. I’m always going to trust the players themselves first.

I will admit, my hope is that someone actually gets to speak with him and he says he wants to stay. I honestly can’t see how we’re going to replace him.

We have Beto who has openly said he wants to leave, and Maupay who has pretty much said he hates it here. But we want to sell Dom.

47 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I know he is on his last year, but I don’t have the knowledge that he isn’t going to extend. I have read the daily mail and they say it agreed. But if I’m honest I read so much shit these days that I prefer to listen to what the actual players say.

Which could also be just as much BS as the media. But given a choice…. I’m always going to trust the players themselves first.

I will admit, my hope is that someone actually gets to speak with him and he says he wants to stay. I honestly can’t see how we’re going to replace him.

We have Beto who has openly said he wants to leave, and Maupay who has pretty much said he hates it here. But we want to sell Dom.

Look at it this way... selling dcl means we don't have to sell branthwaite 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

But we want to sell Dom.

Are you saying that if Dom gets sold it’s because we wanted to sell, and not because he wanted to leave, personally I think you’re miles off the mark Dom will only be leaving because he wants to leave not because we want to sell for the money or any other reason you can care to think of 🤔

I would say everyone wants him to stay and sign a new contract, but if he says I’m not signing a new contract and wants to leave, then the only sensible thing would be to sell for as much money as possible and not let him walk on free at the end of the season. 
Im hoping the Newcastle owners listen to their fans who don’t want him, or sack Eddie Howe. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

We can sign players you know Shukes. If we sell DCL it doesn't mean our only options will be a donkey from a nativity play, a raw Chermiti and a gobshite.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I know I’m in a minority of one…. But we can replace a central defender quite easily. I think it’s harder to replace a forward. 

Don't shoot me, don’t try to change my mind haha…. It’s just the way I feel.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I keep telling myself that mate, but I’m also worried we’ll sell and do our usual…. We have 15 targets…. Then buy our 16 target and pretend we were always after him.

His name will be Tim or Nathan.

:lol: I understand that but I think we'll do well this summer, it just feels different.

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I know I’m in a minority of one…. But we can replace a central defender quite easily. I think it’s harder to replace a forward. 

The thing with Dom is he’s integral for the way Dyche had us playing last season - I don’t think we can go like for like replacing him as we’ll be worse off. A few different players and a change in mindset e.g. more pace, more creativity elsewhere and actually, we could be better off and actually Dom isn’t as integral as he seems right now.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

According to the available data we don't have to sell either of them for PSR.

as far as cash flow is concerned we don't need to sell either as Friedkin just gave money for the running of the club (same way 777 did)

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Without branthwaite we would have got relegated... it's as simple as that. 
Dcl is great if fully fit and on it... doesn't happy enough 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Are you saying that if Dom gets sold it’s because we wanted to sell, and not because he wanted to leave, personally I think you’re miles off the mark Dom will only be leaving because he wants to leave not because we want to sell for the money or any other reason you can care to think of 🤔

I would say everyone wants him to stay and sign a new contract, but if he says I’m not signing a new contract and wants to leave, then the only sensible thing would be to sell for as much money as possible and not let him walk on free at the end of the season. 
Im hoping the Newcastle owners listen to their fans who don’t want him, or sack Eddie Howe. 

Where did I say we want to sell dom? 

he's been offered a new contract and declined it. Only got a year to go so that means we must sell 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Without branthwaite we would have got relegated... it's as simple as that. 
Dcl is great if fully fit and on it... doesn't happy enough 

I think without either we would have been relegated mate.

Dom has scored the goals that have kept us up for two seasons. 
Branthwaite was our biggest success this season.

But for all that those two have done, it was Picks that has been the single most important reason we don’t get relegated…. And that my friend is as simple as that.

Haf, I don't want to sell either mate. I love them both as players and would love to see them in blue next season.

Chelsea makes more sense for what we perceive Dom’s lifestyle/ away from football loves- he’s spoken in the past about his love of London. It’ll be his destination - can’t see him signing a new contract and guess there’s a reluctance from his side to go to Newcastle in there’s a top London club in for him.

56 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think without either we would have been relegated mate.

Dom has scored the goals that have kept us up for two seasons. 
Branthwaite was our biggest success this season.

But for all that those two have done, it was Picks that has been the single most important reason we don’t get relegated…. And that my friend is as simple as that.

Haf, I don't want to sell either mate. I love them both as players and would love to see them in blue next season.

Scored 8 goals mate.... not wanting to diss him but he was poor in front of goal for most the season.