IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He has one hell of a shot on him, I've always felt he was our only worthy backup to DCL even before Rondon left , the we bought Maupay and he's still our number one backup, but by then we had already sent him out on loan and we played our first 5 games without a recognised striker/forward. Whether he has what it takes to make a name for himself in the PL is was it is now, the club fucked up it's opportunity to change that by not getting a striker in. We all knew DCL as an athlete is constantly injured and that hammy is playing up again. So step up Simms and show that you deserve your opportunity, I for one have belief in the lad to give a good account of himself, and he zero confidence in Maupay, to be honest I have seen much better Sunday league players than him. 

Would you risk him for the derby, if it meant he misses more important games against teams in and around us in the coming weeks - i.e. Villa, Leeds?

It's a hard one, because without him as a focal point we've proven to be very blunt in attack. You could see it even against Arsenal once he'd come off.

Having said that, a win at Anfield could well see us leap frog out of the bottom three and would do wonders for confidence.  

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He’s very tidy. I would honestly try him out in certain situations 

Haf we have Simms who is a fantastic finisher and been coached all his career as a striker. Contemplating Keane just highlights further the shit we are in by not securing a striker last month, please mate I know you a lot better than that you are normally very tactically astute, but Keane up front👎🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Haf we have Simms who is a fantastic finisher and been coached all his career as a striker. Contemplating Keane just highlights further the shit we are in by not securing a striker last month, please mate I know you a lot better than that you are normally very tactically astute, but Keane up front👎🤷‍♂️

I’m serious palf. Simms I would deffo go with but I’m also wary of the fact he could get destroyed before he starts. I’d have simms ahead of jean of course but Keane has to be in the mix cos of the situation we are in. 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’m serious palf. Simms I would deffo go with but I’m also wary of the fact he could get destroyed before he starts. I’d have simms ahead of jean of course but Keane has to be in the mix cos of the situation we are in. 

Before you stick Keane up front you would go for 5 or 6 others in Simms Onana Gray Iwobi and yes even Maupay and possibly Doucoure before Keane. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Before you stick Keane up front you would go for 5 or 6 others in Simms Onana Gray Iwobi and yes even Maupay and possibly Doucoure before Keane. 

You’ve deffo not seen the finishing sessions from finch farm.  Unreal, Keane was clinical. Not joking. 

here’s Townsend talking about it.

https://tbrfootball.com/andros-townsend-makes-surprising-claim-about-everton-defender/?amp

I’ve been a big fan of Dominic since he arrived here. I’ve always believed in his ability and been a lot more confident in the team sheet when his name is on it.

But, even I have limits…. And I’m at mine.  
We can’t rely on him to come back for and raring to go and it’s having a real adverse effect on team. 
We need to plan the team from now without him. If he comes back, he will either be an addition or a decent sale. But we have to build the team without him now.

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’ve been a big fan of Dominic since he arrived here. I’ve always believed in his ability and been a lot more confident in the team sheet when his name is on it.

We can’t rely on him to come back for and raring to go and it’s having a real adverse effect on team. 
We need to plan the team from now without him. If he comes back, he will either be an addition or a decent sale. But we have to build the team without him now.

We needed to build our team without him last year when it was abundantly clear that he either couldn’t or wouldn’t put 100% in to his game. 

the fact we didn’t do anything says everything about where we are right now. 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We needed to build our team without him last year when it was abundantly clear that he either couldn’t or wouldn’t put 100% in to his game. 

the fact we didn’t do anything says everything about where we are right now. 

That’s pretty obvious Haf and has been talked about to death mate. We don’t want to turn every thread into a board bash. Even if it is 100% justified.

I’m talking about the player himself in isolation as I don’t know if he will ever be back to normal. Talent wise I like the player and would love him to just become fit and healthy again. 
But I’m not sure if it’s psychological with him or not.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

That’s pretty obvious Haf and has been talked about to death mate. We don’t want to turn every thread into a board bash. Even if it is 100% justified.

I’m talking about the player himself in isolation as I don’t know if he will ever be back to normal. Talent wise I like the player and would love him to just become fit and healthy again. 
But I’m not sure if it’s psychological with him or not.

But you are stating that you are only just realising the negative impact his lack of fitness is having on the team.  It’s been evident for ages and we plugged that with Richarlison who having been sold left us with no one viable,

This complete lack of organisation and  accountability has pretty much put us favourites to be 3rd team to go down. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

But you are stating that you are only just realising the negative impact his lack of fitness is having on the team.  It’s been evident for ages and we plugged that with Richarlison who having been sold left us with no one viable,

This complete lack of organisation and  accountability has pretty much put us favourites to be 3rd team to go down. 

I’m not stating that at all Haf, now where does it say that. 
Im saying I have been backing him as I believe in his talent and believed he would regain his fitness. Where now I am losing faith that he will ever be fit again.

Honestly don’t think the board are doing anything to injure him, or doing anything to prevent him from getting fit. Not in my wildest imagination would I believe that to be true.

The board replacing him, buying back up, buying cover is another story that’s being discussed in every thread…. And to be Frank is the reason why a lot have stopped posting. Not because they don’t agree or don’t believe it…. But because we can’t have a discussion without it being brought up.

I know we on TT tend to make a joke about changing threads ect, but it can also be demoralising when you can’t be bothered to post as you expect it somehow to be turned into a board thread.

Come on Haf. Can’t we just have a conversation 😉

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I’m not stating that at all Haf, now where does it say that. 
Im saying I have been backing him as I believe in his talent and believed he would regain his fitness. Where now I am losing faith that he will ever be fit again.

Honestly don’t think the board are doing anything to injure him, or doing anything to prevent him from getting fit. Not in my wildest imagination would I believe that to be true.

The board replacing him, buying back up, buying cover is another story that’s being discussed in every thread…. And to be Frank is the reason why a lot have stopped posting. Not because they don’t agree or don’t believe it…. But because we can’t have a discussion without it being brought up.

I know we on TT tend to make a joke about changing threads ect, but it can also be demoralising when you can’t be bothered to post as you expect it somehow to be turned into a board thread.

Come on Haf. Can’t we just have a conversation 😉

Yeah we can but sadly literally every thread can be linked to the board and mismanagement of the club. That’s how far reaching their actions are. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Same boat over here. It’s been a long time since he’s been fit, and we’ve only seen what feels like glimpses over the last year or so, maybe longer. When he does play it feels like he has to be subbed every time. I like him as a player overall, but he’s not going to reach the potential once expected of him, in my opinion. I see him as another Andy Carroll type unfortunately.

On 30/12/2022 at 14:35, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Now is the time to find out if he can stay fit (ever) again. If he gets hurt we open the checkbook. If he doesn't we might just win a few games...and we hopefully still open the checkbook :) 

Would be so Everton to protect him in January, not sign cover and he gets hurt in early February. His career and our season are at risk of going off the rails, time to see what he and we are made of. 

F***.