IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Skybet have him at 1/4 to be at Newcastle next season.

I would like to think he wouldn’t choose to go there if he was looking to play European football in the near future, it could take easily 2-3 seasons before Newcastle make European comps and they may not make CL for many years to come. If he goes there I would see it as wages thing and an offer we found hard to refuse. 

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

If he goes there I would see it as wages thing and an offer we found hard to refuse. 

Exactly what we need - he needs to stay and rediscover last season’s form or sell for over the odds on the back of a poor season.

22 hours ago, London Blue said:

They will have to pay quite a bit for him, no European football next season so if he moves its for money.

Whilst moving to Newcastle will no doubt earn players more money than going to other currently similarly placed teams you could also say they are a club with backing and ambition to go up the table fast.

When Man City first got investment you could say players went there for the money but it wasn't long before they had a winning team that were playing in Europe.

That seems a lot more enticing than a team that are struggling to hold on to players due to FFP , have just about stayed up and have shown little sign of improvement over the last couple of years.

If a top name player who is already playing regularly in a top club here or in a major league left to go to Newcastle then indeed it would be all about the money but if someone from a bottom half club in the Premiership goes I couldn't resent them the move as much as I may resent Newcastle's likely rise in fortunes in the next couple of years.

If he goes to Newcastle it wouldn’t just have to be for money, they will pay big of course, but in the same way as we started throwing money around it was because we went for a race to the top. We were just shit at it. They will have a few years to have a go and see if they can get there, if they bring in more like Trippier and Bruno (and DCL) I don’t think it’ll take them too long to compete. They could fuck it up like us though. 

Money wise, if he was to go to Arsenal I’d be happy with £60m, but if he went to Newcastle I’d want at least an extra £10m on that. 

10 hours ago, RPG said:

I disagee, and that's my judgement call. I think it was poor judgement from DCL to do what he did, when he did it and to advertise it in the way that he did. Others obviously don't see it that way and that's fine.

There is no anger (misdirected or not) and no issues with self esteem so can we please drop that. There is just disappointment that he has chosen to put his own personal pursuit of happiness ahead of his club and at a time when we needed all hands to the pumps.

He’s not the editor of the photo shoot mate.

Doubt he is the editor who decided to publish the interview either.

What I’m trying to say…. Is that it’s not up to him when pictures or Interviews are published. You agree to appear and get paid. They decide the rest.

I know this is going to be a bit out of the box….. but did anyone stop to think that CQ went after DCL because of his BETTER form? Or are we thinking the magazine is run by Dave from the newsagents down the road and he waited till he wasn’t OFF form?

6 hours ago, StevO said:

If he goes to Newcastle it wouldn’t just have to be for money, they will pay big of course, but in the same way as we started throwing money around it was because we went for a race to the top. We were just shit at it. They will have a few years to have a go and see if they can get there, if they bring in more like Trippier and Bruno (and DCL) I don’t think it’ll take them too long to compete. They could fuck it up like us though. 

Money wise, if he was to go to Arsenal I’d be happy with £60m, but if he went to Newcastle I’d want at least an extra £10m on that. 

I think the money comments are another point score in Doms character assassination attempts 😉

I agree with you, Newcastle are a very pretty proposition right now.

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I think the money comments are another point score in Doms character assassination attempts 😉

I agree with you, Newcastle are a very pretty proposition right now.

I don’t think Newcastle are pretty proposition just yet it’s going to take them years to get near the top, and that may never happen, owners having money isn’t like it was look at us and FFP rules the same rules will apply to to them. If he was going to Utd Arsenal or Chelsea I could see the prospects in going there they are already established and proven in the top 5, but Newcastle sorry don’t get that year’s away yet and that’s if things go well. 

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don’t think Newcastle are pretty proposition just yet it’s going to take them years to get near the top, and that may never happen, owners having money isn’t like it was look at us and FFP rules the same rules will apply to to them. If he was going to Utd Arsenal or Chelsea I could see the prospects in going there they are already established and proven in the top 5, but Newcastle sorry don’t get that year’s away yet and that’s if things go well. 

For a player like DCL, and many others, they may never get the chance at the very top. But if you can get the transfer when they are on the way you’ve got a foot in the door. Put them in the same category as Roque Santa Cruz and Adebayor, or put them in the same category as Vincent Kompany. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

The team has new owners and some cash behind them. They are going to look attractive to young ambitious players. 
It will take them a few years, but that few years is them buying young hungry players who want to be involved in something.

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

The team has new owners and some cash behind them. They are going to look attractive to young ambitious players. 
It will take them a few years, but that few years is them buying young hungry players who want to be involved in something.

They will be very similar to us.  They will get quoted daft money for players that won’t be much better than what they have.  The players will likely be very half arsed. I hope so anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

They will be very similar to us.  They will get quoted daft money for players that won’t be much better than what they have.  The players will likely be very half arsed. I hope so anyway. 

I hope so to haha. Hopefully they follow our tried and tested formula and get themselves into deep trouble.

17 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Newcastle aren’t a club for ambitious players are they really, they’ve got no pedigree or stature that would lead me to believe they are going to make it to the top. A new owner and money is no guarantee of anything just look at our last few years.  

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

Newcastle aren’t a club for ambitious players are they really, they’ve got no pedigree or stature that would lead me to believe they are going to make it to the top. A new owner and money is no guarantee of anything just look at our last few years.  

Well….. yes they are mate I’m afraid.

Newcastle are a huge club with a massive following and proud history. 

I love Everton, but also have a lot of respect for many other clubs… whether a like them or not.

But 100% new owners and money doesn’t guarantee anything. 100% agree.

But it’s also pretty obvious it does give them a better chance to gain some success and move themselves into European contention. I think if you asked any fan of any team if they would rather their team had money or be broke…. Your gonna get the same answer from them all.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Well….. yes they are mate I’m afraid.

Newcastle are a huge club with a massive following and proud history. 

I love Everton, but also have a lot of respect for many other clubs… whether a like them or not.

But 100% new owners and money doesn’t guarantee anything. 100% agree.

But it’s also pretty obvious it does give them a better chance to gain some success and move themselves into European contention. I think if you asked any fan of any team if they would rather their team had money or be broke…. Your gonna get the same answer from them all.

They weren’t broken or broke were they, and it does give them some chance of getting themselves into a chance of minor European spot in a few years, but they aren’t much better than we are and I see DCL making a sideways move by going there, if he had any ambition he would be pushing for a move to clubs I mentioned who are in the market for strikers. The fact you have a emotional connection with Everton and other fans to there clubs means diddly squat on DCL going to any team, you don’t have to tell me about their past history mate I was born there they were champion in the 50s bonnie lad. Also define huge do you think they are bigger than us, they are huge in Newcastle with loyal fans but nationally and globally no there not. 

11 hours ago, Palfy said:

Could have said the same about Chelsea and City really. All depends how they do it. No surprise that Chelsea and City brought in tried and tested experts to run the club, with the odd weird Ambramovic signing that didn’t work. We brought in Moshiris mates. 😂

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Could have said the same about Chelsea and City really. All depends how they do it. No surprise that Chelsea and City brought in tried and tested experts to run the club, with the odd weird Ambramovic signing that didn’t work. We brought in Moshiris mates. 😂

Chelsea and City also were allowed to spend as much as they wanted in the beginning, Chelsea weren’t hampered by FFP when Abramavich took over and City found ways around the rules that have now been closed, but this isn’t about how much money Newcastle’s owners have they will only be allowed to spend in proportion of their turnover anyway. This is about DCL possibly leaving us to go to a club that is no bigger or better than we are on the chances they will succeed with money, that doesn’t look like an ambitious player in my eyes he has just as greater chance to achieve here than Newcastle. But to go to Utd Arsenal or Chelsea who are already at the top of the big 5 could very much be seen as an ambitious move, but Newcastle very much a sideways move for bigger wages if he went or was allowed to go there, also his contract is to 2025 so there is no rush to get rid of him and if Newcastle were they only interested I very much doubt we would allow him to go there, being that they are in and around us and fighting to become better than us. 

1 hour ago, RPG said:

If DCL had done the sensible thing imho he wouldn't have done the shoot at all or, at the very least, had the contract give him the right of timing (or right of veto of timing) of publication.

It still doesn't excuse his comments (which he did very little to disassociate himself from when they were published) which came across as 'I'm having fun and ifmy club are in the shit then hard luck.'

Those were not his comments and you know it. You seem to delight in putting DCL down, and applying the worst possible motives to his every action. One is led to question your motivation for this 🤔 

You are fortunate we do not apply the same disproportionately negative lens you apply to DCL to your words.

Maybe you tried on a Skort and a male boob tube one day and thought you looked like a drunk Picasso still life of love Island rejects. 

I think your just jealous of DCL.