IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Hey Haff, DCL says to go fuck yourself!!🤣

London…. Enjoy the survival.  There are a lot of things to address at the club, a lot, and dcl is likely to be one that is considered.

made up he scored that goal, and if you think I was gutted it was him then you are a nob mate, Everton is more important to me than any player crush that you seem to have. I’m not sold on players who don’t give 100%, you need to understand this. That’s why I got pissed off with your former fav Gomes. 

id happily have 11 players wearing skirts, handbags, doing whatever they want in their own time as long as they play for the shirt. He did that tonight and it was about time. 

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought he was outstanding tonight. He won so many headers and flick ons that it's clear to me that he just hasn't been able to get fully fit until now. That was a Dom physically ready to go and give it all. It's never been about a lack of desire or effort, or distraction, just plain old fucking lack of fitness.

I don’t agree.  Like many at the club he has been in a state of idleness. It’s took the power of the fans to spark life into players.   The fans may have reinvigorated his desire for the club cos I haven’t seen it for a while.

what a great header though, top marks. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t agree.  Like many at the club he has been in a state of idleness. It’s took the power of the fans to spark life into players.   The fans may have reinvigorated his desire for the club cos I haven’t seen it for a while.

what a great header though, top marks. 

He did turn up tonight. But he’s certainly not gave his all before that. 

9 hours ago, Newty82 said:

It's simple. Footy fans are some of the most ignorant people you'll ever come across. 

Are we though or do we not suffer the struggles and stresses of trying to get by one day at a time, mental health issues aren’t the preserve of the rich and the famous and they manifest themselves in many ways, to generalise a large group of society as one thing or another isn’t actually well considered imo. 

Very sad to hear if he has been struggling with mental health.  The club and lampard however should have said “he’s not fit to play”,  in press conferences he said he was fit and getting sharper.  Are fans expected to now not be critical if they see someone stroll around the pitch when we are in a relegation battle? Just in case they are struggling? Should we ask Garth crooks and sky panelists to not give bad reviews?

mentally unfit is as bad as physically unfit. I personally wouldnt be wanting edgy photos and interviews and bringing a spotlight on me in any way if I’m mentally not well. Either way it’s his battle to know and understand and I’m sure he’s much wiser for it now. 

I hope he is in a good place now. 

9 hours ago, Newty82 said:

It's simple. Footy fans are some of the most ignorant people you'll ever come across. 

That’s a very blanket statement isn’t it? Golf fans heckle players and insult them, rugby fans insulted Gareth Thomas over his sexuality, society is society. 

19 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

@Palfy @Hafnia

Hopefully it doesnt need explaining that it doesnt mean every single footy fan in existence. Because that would be daft, wouldn't it? It would also be ignorant of me to expect everyone to agree 😳

But in the case of Calvert lewin, why are people ignorant? 

allow me to expand on that…. all posts relating to dcl have been about his performances on the pitch and the concern/annoyance  that off field bring an unnecessary burden/pressure/distraction.  Discrimination isn’t tolerated here and is rightly called out. 

Shall we go through the Alli, Pickford, Alex Iwobi, Tom Davies, John Joe Kenny threads and flag the comments where people are calling them crap etc???  No. Because we are assessing players performances and efforts and how they represent the club.

depression is an awful disease, every premier league club along with the physios, masseurs, etc etc should have a team of people who monitor players mental well-being.

I have said that every hospital needs to have a mirrored facility where people who are desperate can go in - like an a&e for mental health issues. I speak up for mental health but I’m not having this thread turn into some “I told you so”…… no one knows what a person is going through, sadly our criticisms can appear to be harsh when you find out they have been dealing with stuff. 

36 minutes ago, RPG said:

Whilst I am sympathetic towards DCL, the world won't (and shouldn't) stop revolving while we all hold a pity party for him. I suspect that DCL wouldn't want that to happen anyway. Sympathy and empathy are nice qualities to show but it also needs a bit of reciprocal common sense to be applied, in this case, by either DCL himself or those that were, or should have been, advising him. That obviously never happened, or did not happen well enough, and it is those responsible for this failing that have hung DCL out to dry - not reasonable people making rational comments based on his crap form, visible lack of on pitch interest and edgy life style choices at the time.

That said, I hope he has come out of the situation a stronger character and that both he and Everton benefit next season.

Advise on what? The thing he needed as a distraction won't be appreciated by some people he's never met/not going to meet so best not do it? 

Sorry, don't buy it. We do what we need when we're low. Sometimes that's not appreciated by others, sometimes it upsets others. But it gets through the moment.

Some people crave the spotlight and find reassurance and worth in it, notably actors and singers. It wouldn't be my choice and I expect watching miltary history and sci-fi isn't his. 

This has nothing to do with his choices, the advice he was or wasn't given. This is purely to do with people's interpretation of events without knowing the context of the situation and passing judgment because of their own ideas on what should be. Each to their own, on both sides. But to say the issue is with him is just the wrong way around. 

Edit: it wasn't aimed particularly at you RPG, hence me not quoting anyone at first. 

1 minute ago, RPG said:

I guess it is a question of where the burden of responsibility lies. On the one extreme we have the 'don't judge anyone as you don't know what they are going through' brigade and on the other extreme there is the 'gets paid all that money and shows no bloody interest or application on the pitch at all but show him a handbag and his eyes light up. Needs to get a grip' brigade.

In what might be called 'normal, day to day, society' I would lean towards the former view. However, when you have a highly paid, public job which puts you on tv at least once a week and are surrounded by, and subject to the opinions of, tens of thousands of fans of your own club plus those of all the other clubs in the various leagues then I would suggest that the burden of responsibility shifts significantly towards the player and his advisors to properly manage public perception and expectation whilst the player is going through a difficult time such as this.

To play devils advocate on the matter,if we adopt the former attitude then, as fans, we can't criticise any player, ever - just in case he might be going through some mental health issues. It therefore beholds the player and his advisors to properly manage the situation. I understand that there may be some reluctance to come out publicly and 'admit to' a mental health issue but a half decent PR team could find a solution that would have removed DCL from the spotlght, advised him to keep a low profile for a while and kept all his fans on side. Somebody, somewhere, chose not to do something like that and they let DCL down, big time.

Or PR recognised that DCL needs the limelight to help him regain confidence. Or he decided what was best for himself. Either way, him being judged for his passions isn't helping anyone.

37 minutes ago, RPG said:

If he has decided to remain 'controversial' in his public persona then maybe stimulating debate such as this is also part of his therapy? Maybe he is sat at home wearing his skort, clutching his handbag, reading this and having a giggle at RPG and Matt debating his edgy lifestyle? I would almost prefer that to the alternative which can only be summarised as gross incompetence on the part of whoever is advising him.

It's only controversial and edgy for some who share the same perception as you. For him who knows. For me it's as irrelevant as anyone's else's passions and hobbies (destructive ones excluded)