IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Who are we talking about here? DC-L is injured, and this is his thread, so I can't really understand the comments if directed at him.

32 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Him being the invisible man is what’s happened and before anyone says he been unlucky this lad hasn’t been up for the fight. It’s the simple. 

Mike, I think when he says he's being the invisible man, he means literally. As in, DCL wasn't even available to play today 🙄

Maybe his head has been turned or maybe he’s really struggling to regain his match fitness/sharpness - maybe he’s having a hard time mentally getting ‘back to it’. Whatever it is, he’s not at the levels we’d (and probably he’d) like him to be… BUT… he could still be a very valuable asset this season and we need every single player. I don’t care what he does in his spare time - I don’t care if he’s off in the summer but for now every single EFC player needs our support in these last few games to get us out of this mess!

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

Maybe his head has been turned or maybe he’s really struggling to regain his match fitness/sharpness - maybe he’s having a hard time mentally getting ‘back to it’. Whatever it is, he’s not at the levels we’d (and probably he’d) like him to be… BUT… he could still be a very valuable asset this season and we need every single player. I don’t care what he does in his spare time - I don’t care if he’s off in the summer but for now every single EFC player needs our support in these last few games to get us out of this mess!

I’ve seen players short of fitness give a lot more.   He’s a superb natural athlete - one of the best in the league and yet he has strolled around.

haven’t even got time to try and understand or defend him… he’s clearly fucked off lampard and many fans to boot at a time when we needed a striker  to stand up and be counted. 

Just now, Btay said:

He should be the ideal striker to bring on to see out a game like that. I really hope he pulls his head out because we could really use him over the next 5 games. Even if they are just 20 minute cameos.

He shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 we’ve found a decent formula of players. He is not up for the fight. 

55 minutes ago, MC11 said:

He shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 we’ve found a decent formula of players. He is not up for the fight. 

Good thing I didn’t say anything about the starting XI and you’ll find my post only backs up your last point.

I read a post that was sent to me from another forum.  Someone who was honest enough to say they have never had anything classes as ITK but the line he went with is that the other players are questioning him… they believe he has one foot out the door and doesn’t want to know.

Lampard alluded to prodding the players before the match… where did that come from?  

the other story that came out is that dcl and Davide Ancelotti fell out, he had a go at dom for missing sitters and dom didn’t give a shit. Not long after his England cap. Carlo dropped him for next game. 

Jesus Christ , we have just had a monumental victory at a raucous Goodison Park due to a real blood and guts performance where everyone was 110% behind the team  and the players responded perfectly by leaving everything on the pitch.

Yet come in here and people are still trying no to find negatives

I think he’s gone in the next window, what worries me is having been so poor this season when he has played plus the injury which seem to re occur, his value will have dropped, last season it was banded about at £60m, if we can get that I’d snap anyone’s hand off after this season. It really pains me to say that as I’ve always really rated him,and thought he was a true blue,  it’s a big disappointment to see it ending this way.

FWIW I don’t care about his off field interests if he’s doing his on field job well.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I read a post that was sent to me from another forum.  Someone who was honest enough to say they have never had anything classes as ITK but the line he went with is that the other players are questioning him… they believe he has one foot out the door and doesn’t want to know.

Lampard alluded to prodding the players before the match… where did that come from?  

the other story that came out is that dcl and Davide Ancelotti fell out, he had a go at dom for missing sitters and dom didn’t give a shit. Not long after his England cap. Carlo dropped him for next game. 

He’s nowhere near as good as he thinks. That’s his problem

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Jesus Christ , we have just had a monumental victory at a raucous Goodison Park due to a real blood and guts performance where everyone was 110% behind the team  and the players responded perfectly by leaving everything on the pitch.

Yet come in here and people are still trying no to find negatives

Sorry Dunc, it appears we didn’t get the memo to not have discussion as to why our only bonafide striker isnt being selected to play when we are desperate for a striker to lead the line. 

goid job we have got Richarlison though eh

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can't agree with that at all. A fit DCL would be, but a DCL that is still working his way back to fitness and keeps picking up injuries after coming back from that long lay off was anything but the ideal striker to bring on to see out a game like that.

Working his way back to fitness?  Ffs it’s been 6 weeks since he had his 2 week individualised sharpness sessions having already returned weeks before. 

even if I took the things I had been told about him wanting to leave in January with a pinch of salt…. The indications suggest he has absolutely no heart for the situation we are in.