IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

In chances  per game under Ancelotti yes we are creating more opportunities than under Silva Allardyce and Koeman by quite a considerable amount, but I wouldn’t say we are creative in our general play just opportunities at goal per game on what we have witnessed in the last five years. 

Would you not agree that is a little skewed by our first eight games? 
Or are you standing by your convictions and saying that the last ten games we have been very creative?

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Would you not agree that is a little skewed by our first eight games? 
Or are you standing by your convictions and saying that the last ten games we have been very creative?

No what I’m saying is we took our opportunities in the first eight games, but in the last ten games were we have had more chances in games we have not taken our chances, but that’s the inconsistency of our forwards and not the chances created because that has been remained higher than we have been used to over the last 4-5 years. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No what I’m saying is we took our opportunities in the first eight games, but in the last ten games were we have had more chances in games we have not taken our chances, but that’s the inconsistency of our forwards and not the chances created because that has been remained higher than we have been used to over the last 4-5 years. 

Sorry mate. I’ve watched is the last ten matches and thought we have been boring. Most people I’ve commented that we are poor to watch and our attacking play has been poor.

Im going to have to say here... I respect your opinion mate, but totally disagree. We’ve been poor generally. We haven’t created many chances per patch.

Yea you can say we’ve had 15 chances one match... and 3 a match the next 2. But for me watching.... that doesn’t equate to 7 a game. You know the difference between average and mean don’t you 😉

He got a goal today, but I’m still disappointed in him. He’s not a striker that offers much unless he’s in the box, in my opinion. I’m still not convinced he can take us to the next level as much as I want him to be the one to do so. 

One of the better players on the pitch today.

Scored a goal. Had another saved. Held the ball up really well. Started attacks by holding the ball up, turning his player, and threading a good ball into the path of a team mate. 

But missed a couple of shots (less off target than Siggy) and isn’t Lukaku 🙄

Tonight shows why he’s not off to Man U for £80m. How much will Watkins cost? Abraham for £40m? - Dom isn’t twice as good. Ivan Toney?

I think Dom is great and I’m fine with him as our main striker but he’s certainly not significantly better than others mentioned above.

13 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

He got a goal a goal today, but I’m still disappointed in him. He’s not a striker that offers much unless he’s in the box, in my opinion. I’m still not convinced he can take us to the next level as much as I want him to be the one to do so. 

That's a bold view. 

His all round game is very good of a striker his age and it will only get better. 

One of his main weaknesses is attempts from range and he's got plenty of time to improve in that and he will be well aware of this.

He's just scored his 15th goal of the season, only 3 players have more. Let's have a bit of common sense about it.

I wonder how many 24 year olds have 28 Premier League goals in the past 2 campaigns. 

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

That's a bold view. 

His all round game is very good of a striker his age and it will only get better. 

One of his main weaknesses is attempts from range and he's got plenty of time to improve in that and he be well aware of this.

He's just scored his 15th goal of the season, only 3 players have more. Let's have a bit of common sense about it.

I wonder how many 24 year olds have 28 Premier League goals in the past 2 campaigns. 

I’m just telling you my opinion based on what I see when I watch him. Most of his goals are right in front of the net. The fact that he can’t hit it on target from not much further out with some time on the ball is alarming to me. 

Yeah, he went on a hot streak at the beginning of the season but that form needs to carry for a striker playing for a team with greater ambitions than mid-table mediocrity. 

6 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I’m just telling you my opinion based on what I see when I watch him. Most of his goals are right in front of the net. The fact that he can’t hit it on target from much further out with some time on the ball is alarming to me. 

Yeah, he went on a hot streak at the beginning of the season but that form needs to carry for a striker playing for a team with greater ambitions than mid-table mediocrity. 

We've had a lot of crucial injuries lately. The creativity in our squad is awful when James is missing. The squad is desperate for a goal threat and added creativity in midfield. If we get those two things this window and DCL is still doing what he is doing we will have such a dangerous squad and I have no doubt your opinion will change. 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

We've ve had a lot of crucial injuries lately. The creativity in our squad is awful when James is missing. The squad is desperate for a goal threat and added creativity in midfield. If we get those two things this window and DCL is still doing what he is doing we will have such a dangerous squad and I have no doubt you opinion will change. 

My opinion won’t change unless DCL improves his finishing beyond the box. It’s no secret he’s lethal otherwise. He’s not a striker that can create his own chances though. Hopefully that changes. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Can someone explain to me why it is that when we have a lethal goalscorer with limitations, we focus on the limitations and not play to his strengths? I mean, goals win games, Dom is a brilliant poacher. So set him up to poach. Lukaku was excellent running with the ball on the floor, but we rarely played to his strengths either. Instead we expect these players to do things they're not good at and then complain about them not being able to do it. "Well other top forwards do" - couldn't care less, we don't have them. So how about we play to our strengths? People have said build the team around and make exceptions for James, because of what he creates. Fair enough, but that needs to apply for our strikers too otherwise James can't create as much. Drives me fucking nuts. 

I agree with this. The way we’re playing is not suited to DCL and unless he changes the way he plays (or the rest of the team does) then he’s not going to offer what we need to go to the next level. 

3 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I agree with this. The way we’re playing is not suited to DCL and unless he changes the way he plays (or the rest of the team does) then he’s not going to offer what we need to go to the next level. 

I agree - in DCL and Richarlison, we have 2 players linked to teams for ridiculous money yet they don’t link up enough. 2 cracking players - 2 of my favourite players but they don’t necessarily seem to compliment each other. I’d happily keep both but think we’d be stupid to turn down silly money for either.

Many will disagree but if someone gets Abraham for £40m, they are getting an absolute steal compared to the £80m being touted for Calvert-Lewin.

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Goals from outside the box for strikers this season :

Kane - 4

Jiminez - 2

Ihaenacho - 2

Bamford - 2

Everyone else... 1 or 0

It's not as important as you think. 

You can think it’s not important for a striker to get shots on target all you want. 

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

No I agree with you, it's very important for strikers to get shots on target. I never said it wasn't. 

Just thinking about Villa’s second goal, the build-up was result of losing possession after DCL skewered his shot well wide. Obviously, it’s not directly his fault but sometimes it’s not just about the ball going in the net. On target can force a save, rebound attempt, cause defense to get out of position, etc. 

It's pissing me off watching him playing on the half-way line. His close control is pretty shoddy to be honest and him receiving the ball in that area of the pitch is highlighting it to an even bigger degree. He's needing to come deep, though, because our midfield is utter shite and doesn't get any sort of a foothold in the game. They need to step up so he's got the platform to do what he does best, and that's sticking the ball in the back of the net.

7 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Just thinking about Villa’s second goal, the build-up was result of losing possession after DCL skewered his shot well wide. Obviously, it’s not directly his fault but sometimes it’s not just about the ball going in the net. On target can force a save, rebound attempt, cause defense to get out of position, etc. 

There were a lot to blame yesterday for individual errors and misplaced passes. Gomes and Iwobi were all at it ang Holgate made my arse twitch every time he got on the ball.

We as Evertonians should have seen it coming. A chance to push for a top 5 spot seems mentally out of reach for the players we have.

10 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Whilst your right an on target shot can force other opportunities, if it’s wide they get a goal kick, any team should be able to get back into formation. Their goal however came from an intercepted pass from Digne when were we starting an attack.

Can we all recognise that we have the best aerial player in the PL,  we need to play to his strengths more with better crosses into the box, give him something to work with, his diving header shows he is prepared to put his head where it’s needed. Iwobi and a Richarlison are both guilty of failing to get the ball in the box from wide.