• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Shukes, motivation alone wont see you win REGULARLYagainst these sides, it will get you the odd win here and there but to compete on their level you need players of a high enough quality to do it.

It's not about winning all the time though mate. I understand that we can't be expected to win regularly against the top six.

What I don't accept is how we seem to look beaten before we kick a ball against that at times.

I think more aspirational targets can be set after an ambitious/positive summer recruitment drive. Get this right and we'll be well in the mix.

My thoughts as well.

I agree with Steve in we seek to be happy just because we were better than arguably our worst playing team for years.

This season we have done ok.

But it's his first year and he hasn't had chance to show what he can do yet. Let's watch the summer and see how we build.

Oh, and while we are at it, Pochettino's results against that lot this season so far is: W: 3, D: 3, L: 3. So if Spurs win ManU they will better Koeman's results from last season by one point.

I'd say Pochettino seems worse against those teams considering he has a much better squad than Koeman has had.

I'm an Everton fan. Not too bothered how others do as long as we are respecting our fans hard earned money.

Hey, I'm not saying that Koeman has it wrong, just that it is worrying that we can look so unmotivated and beaten at times. I would like to see it addressed and can't wait for the summer to see how we go about that.

Hey, I'm not saying that Koeman has it wrong, just that it is worrying that we can look so unmotivated and beaten at times. I would like to see it addressed and can't wait for the summer to see how we go about that.

It's not just under Koeman that it's happened though, Shukes. It's been a problem for us for a long time, it's become ingrained. That's the reality, and it's not something Koeman can just wave a magic wand over and fix within a season.

He's being criticised (not necessarily by you) after being in charge for not even a year yet, despite having made progress. Yeah we haven't made progress in every single department, but that was never going to happen. There is no quick fix for what we want to achieve.

Edited by Romey 1878

I'm an Everton fan. Not too bothered how others do as long as we are respecting our fans hard earned money.

Steve compared Koeman to Pochettino so it was only fair I pointed out it's not a very good comparison.

It's not about winning all the time though mate. I understand that we can't be expected to win regularly against the top six.

What I don't accept is how we seem to look beaten before we kick a ball against that at times.

When have we looked beaten before we kick a ball? I've not witnessed it. We looked ok for 60 minutes against Chelsea, we were poor against the shite but conceded a last minute goal at hom went 1 down at Anfield but got back in it at 1-1 then it went pear shaped so nowhere can I see us looking beaten .

When have we looked beaten before we kick a ball? I've not witnessed it. We looked ok for 60 minutes against Chelsea, we were poor against the shite but conceded a last minute goal at hom went 1 down at Anfield but got back in it at 1-1 then it went pear shaped so nowhere can I see us looking beaten .

I think some people just can't fathom the fact that our squad is not as good as those teams so they come up with reasons why we don't win more matches. "It must be because we are not trying to win, damn that Koeman!"

I think some people just can't fathom the fact that our squad is not as good as those teams so they come up with reasons why we don't win more matches. "It must be because we are not trying to win, damn that Koeman!"

This, it's not rocket science they have far better players better squad depth and that winning mentality (Derby games prime examples)

We need to bridge the gap season by season it won't happen overnight and it will take time money and patience, if you think a change in manager is going to turn a mid table side into a top five side in such a short period whilst outing the shite Martinez left us with your delusional

This, it's not rocket science they have far better players better squad depth and that winning mentality (Derby games prime examples)

We need to bridge the gap season by season it won't happen overnight and it will take time money and patience, if you think a change in manager is going to turn a mid table side into a top five side in such a short period whilst outing the shite Martinez left us with your delusional

Agree 100%

It's not just under Koeman that it's happened though, Shukes. It's been a problem for us for a long time, it's become ingrained. That's the reality, and it's not something Koeman can just wave a magic wand over and fix within a season.

He's being criticised (not necessarily by you) after being in charge for not even a year yet, despite having made progress. Yeah we haven't made progress in every single department, but that was never going to happen. There is no quick fix for what we want to achieve.

Sums up my opinion really. I've not been a fan of some of his approaches, or man-management, but I can't argue that he hasn't done a very impressive job in just about 12 months. Credit where credit is due.

In my opinion, for this "next step", the pressure is on Walsh, Morishi et al to actually get in the players to improve the squad, not Koeman

Edited by Matt

Just a different way of looking at it that's all. I thought we set up against the shite to try our best not to lose.

Man U were pounding us and it was a matter of time.

Tottenham looked a whole league above us. We looked afraid against them.

To me the mentality wasn't right for those games.

Sums up my opinion really. I've not been a fan of some of his approaches, or man-management, but I can't argue that he hasn't done a very impressive job in just about 12 months. Credit where credit is due.

In my opinion, for this "next step", the pressure is on Walsh, Morishi et al to actually get in the players to improve the squad, not Koeman

Me too Matt it's just an easier way of summarising it by mentioning the manager

I've said in other threads and possibly this one previously that this window will be a massive marker of our intent throughout the club, big big summer ahead hopefully!!

I take a day out to travel from Cornwall to Heathrow to Miami, and look what happens: Everyone's in agreement. Preposterous.

Well, since the discussion about Koeman's ability to motivate the team against top clubs has fizzled, what about his playing favorites? Can anyone justify why an aging backup keeper from the Championship should have been brought in and given the #1 spot?