• Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Shit his pants. Again.

But so did the players to be fair.

We can all debate who should have started etc. And I'd agree he should have changed it earlier. But those players today really didn't show up.

Because our derby results have been poor for a while now, the game has become too big for our team. Mentally, we are beaten before we get on the pitch.

We can all debate who should have started etc. And I'd agree he should have changed it earlier. But those players today really didn't show up.

Because our derby results have been poor for a while now, the game has become too big for our team. Mentally, we are beaten before we get on the pitch.

I agree, Newty, and I've gone to town on them in the matchday thread but this is where I'm venting at Koeman. Twice he's shit the bed lately and I hope he doesn't make it three when we go to United.

I thought that most of the players started aggressively,things didn't work out but they didn't bottle it from the first whistle.

For me, the system hindered us and helped Liverpool. They were attacking our right, Holgate and Pennington were overloaded against quality, Jags isn't a CB of 3, Gueye and Davies were overloaded too and Barkley and DCL were caught in no man's land because all we could do was lump it forward.

Blame lays squarely with Koeman. I know why he wanted to play with 5, as I did too, but if you don't have the players you can't force it. He is an experienced manager and I don't expect stupid decisions like that.

Hindsight makes it easy to say that just wasn't the line-up for today.

I actually think Schneiderlin was the biggest miss today as they ran through us far too easily - Gana, Davies and Ross missed him too. That's where we needed McCarthy coming in and sharing the game with Barry.

I also didn't see why Holgate was used as a wing back putting more pressure on Pennington at cb - for me, Holgate should have been the 3rd cb with Kenny at right wing back - if he's not up to it then we need to recall Connelley as at least he's been playing that role in the Championship.

Very disappointing today - the injuries showed up our lack of depth which is critical to address in the summer.

Hindsight makes it easy to say that just wasn't the line-up for today.

I actually think Schneiderlin was the biggest miss today as they ran through us far too easily - Gana, Davies and Ross missed him too. That's where we needed McCarthy coming in and sharing the game with Barry.

I also didn't see why Holgate was used as a wing back putting more pressure on Pennington at cb - for me, Holgate should have been the 3rd cb with Kenny at right wing back - if he's not up to it then we need to recall Connelley as at least he's been playing that role in the Championship.

Very disappointing today - the injuries showed up our lack of depth which is critical to address in the summer.

In hindsight I was thinking the same about Kenny/Holgate. Liverpool play through the centre a lot so that is where you need to be strongest and Pennington isn't the quickest either so it just didn't make sense. If you really wanted to play 5 at the back then it should have been a young RB not CB.

I agree, Newty, and I've gone to town on them in the matchday thread but this is where I'm venting at Koeman. Twice he's shit the bed lately and I hope he doesn't make it three when we go to United.

Just heard his post match interview.

Really disappointed with his words. Not often I can say that! He's proud of us today? He thinks 3 at the back worked really well?

Sorry Big Ron...but we shit out today. It almost sounds like we are happy to only lose 3-1 or something along those lines.

We need to think bigger as a team if we are going to achieve more.

Really disappointed with his words. Not often I can say that! He's proud of us today? He thinks 3 at the back worked really well?

Sorry Big Ron...but we shit out today. It almost sounds like we are happy to only lose 3-1 or something along those lines.

I didn't even listen to it. Sounds like that was an excellent idea!

Do you think he'll have a plan for Utd Mark?

He always had a plan for me it's more does he have the players to execute it. Schneiderlin McCarthy Coleman mori all out. Gonna be tough without schbuerljn and Coleman as they are big players for us. Behind them it's youngsters or mediocre vets.

We've relied too long on a quality 11 with a shit bench. The first injury or suspension and were undone. Today proved it. Pennington DCL Davies all good and young but not consistently great yet. Tough to work with that.

Yeah his interview was very martinez-esc. Disappointing.

not a fan of klopp's touchline acting

"It's part of football," Koeman said of Barkley's tackle, speaking to Sky Sports. "I saw also some tackles from [Liverpool midfielder] Lucas -- and that's all about football -- but we don't make a show like the bench of Liverpool about faults that happened on the pitch.

"We are different, we are more into the game and not about what happened with the referee and linesman and tackles. It's football, it was a hard but a fair game.

"I don't like coaches from the bench the whole time shouting to referees, to [the] linesmen making a big show about tackles. They were crazy and they didn't need an official on the pitch.

"It's not what I like, it's a man's sport and your behaviour has to be like that."

He knows today wasn't good enough but he is trying to instil a different mentality into them so it's no good roasting them just to knock their psychie even more.

Not sure what else he could have done today. Mirallas for DCL was my only eyebrow raise. We were always going to play 3 at the back.

He knows today wasn't good enough but he is trying to instil a different mentality into them so it's no good roasting them just to knock their psychie even more.

Not sure what else he could have done today. Mirallas for DCL was my only eyebrow raise. We were always going to play 3 at the back.

Sorry but his mentality for big games is a losing mentality. The team should be fired up, convinced they can win, and inspired by the manager. None of these things appear to be true. Ultimately, Koeman carries the can for this.

He played the kids and hoped that'd work. It clearly didn't but... well, it's experience for them if nothing else

Played the kids? That's all we have! Walsh has stocked him with 19 year old hopefuls. We need a fucking bench and have needed it since moyes days. We have 11 solid but bad that its cast offs and young ins.

Walsh needs to give him the players to implement his plans. Lookman Lewin Davies Pennington holgate all good and fun but we need players that can step in and not shit themselves (holgate only one that's proved he can).

If someone had said at the start of the season, that when we played Liverpool at Anfield, Pennington, Holgate, Davies and DCL would be in the starting eleven, no one would have believed them. I didn't see the game but couldn't believe it when I saw the starting eleven. Down to Koeman this one.

Played the kids? That's all we have! Walsh has stocked him with 19 year old hopefuls. We need a fucking bench and have needed it since moyes days. We have 11 solid but bad that its cast offs and young ins.

Walsh needs to give him the players to implement his plans. Lookman Lewin Davies Pennington holgate all good and fun but we need players that can step in and not shit themselves (holgate only one that's proved he can).

This will come with time.

It's not an overnight project. Walsh isn't stuffing him with anything. You talk like Walsh is forcing things upon him in the hell of a high number...2....windows. They work together. And most of the transfers have been if a good age and experience.

I'm not sure why the negative tone towards Walsh is necessary.

Also, wasn't there a loud groan that under Koeman the young ones would never get a chance to play?!

Now they have had a chance....suddenly, they shouldn't be playing!

Since we last won a cup in 1995 we've played something like 45-49 Derby's and won something daft like 7!!! That's the problem.

Sorry but his mentality for big games is a losing mentality. The team should be fired up, convinced they can win, and inspired by the manager. None of these things appear to be true. Ultimately, Koeman carries the can for this.

No it's not. You need to let go of your hate for him because he took your golden boy Martinez job and if it wasn't for your other golden boy who is another faliure fucking up for the second big game in a row it may of been different.

Good write up.

We have a microcosm situation at the club.... fans can get carried away by varying factors:- koeman, lukaku, Barkley, Davies, the reality is that against lesser opponents they really show something that makes you believe their levels are higher.

Simply put - in the top levels we are found wanting. The quality of the league is as shite as I've seen it in a long time. Sure - when man city are shite anyone can beat them.... that stands for all teams.

For me we need to sell lukaku (yes we know my opinion of him) - it's the money we could get for him versus what we need. £60m is too good to turn down for someone who is a 6ft 3 Defoe.

Barkley? - it's a funny one. Right now we could get £25m for him maybe. The reality is that if he learns from the derby like he has shown his learning a over the last few months then he is a £60m player and one who would likely commit to the club. You don't have to worry about his love or commitment for the club.

Koeman... jury is still out on him. Simple as that. Not half as good as his arrogance suggests.

Koeman targeted Europe this season. We're bang on target. Our defensive record has improved, our attacking record has improved, we have more points with 8 games remaining than we have amassed over each of the previous 2 seasons. We've sold some very poor/average players (more will follow in the summer). We've signed some players who have significantly improved our starting xi and signed/promoted some excellent prospects for the future who have been given opportunities in the first team.

I think he's had a pretty decent first 9 months personally.

Koeman targeted Europe this season. We're bang on target. Our defensive record has improved, our attacking record has improved, we have more points with 8 games remaining than we have amassed over each of the previous 2 seasons. We've sold some very poor/average players (more will follow in the summer). We've signed some players who have significantly improved our starting xi and signed/promoted some excellent prospects for the future who have been given opportunities in the first team.

I think he's had a pretty decent first 9 months personally.

i think he's had a phenomenal 9 months. he turned an 11th place team into Europe bound fighting for CL places team. The amount of dead wood on this team and getting to actually press and defend is a 180 degree turn from where we were headed.