IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

I'd be happy with that!

Same here. Oh, how I would love to see us organized defensively again, yet without Moyes' lack of offensive strategy. Mancini is kind of like the product of happy marriage between Martinez and Moyes, but more successful than his parents could hope to be.

Personally, I thought he'd be good at setting things up for the long term. We need a stabilising effect, he could provide it like he did at City. Set the foundations but he's not the long term solution (if there is such a thing in this world of football)

Personally, I thought he'd be good at setting things up for the long term. We need a stabilising effect, he could provide it like he did at City. Set the foundations but he's not the long term solution (if there is such a thing in this world of football)

That's pretty much why I want Pellegrini set the foundations for us to move forward establish ourselves and be in a better position to attract these top younger managers although the age etc isn't an issue for me personally most managers shelf life is three seasons these days anyway

That's pretty much why I want Pellegrini set the foundations for us to move forward establish ourselves and be in a better position to attract these top younger managers although the age etc isn't an issue for me personally most managers shelf life is three seasons these days anyway

This!

i want MP too, for exactly the same reasons :)

You serious? Mancini set the foundations. Pellegrini has done an "ok" job there. Nothing more. City should have the league on tap

You serious? Mancini set the foundations. Pellegrini has done an "ok" job there. Nothing more. City should have the league on tap

I honestly think they would have won it if they hadn'y ousted him for Guardiola. They were 4 points behind Liecester when that broke. They fell off badly after that.

IF and it is obviously an if he had stayed and won it he'd have 2 leagues and a cl semi in 3 years.

in terms of squad. Can't double check at the moment, but didn't he bring in Kompany, Toure, Aguero, Silva, Zabaleta etc?

Agree with Pad too, effectively sacking your manager midseason was a ridiculous move

in terms of squad. Can't double check at the moment, but didn't he bring in Kompany, Toure, Aguero, Silva, Zabaleta etc?

Agree with Pad too, effectively sacking your manager midseason was a ridiculous move

All those players are Mancini's players.

I honestly think they would have won it if they hadn'y ousted him for Guardiola. They were 4 points behind Liecester when that broke. They fell off badly after that.

IF and it is obviously an if he had stayed and won it he'd have 2 leagues and a cl semi in 3 years.

Fact is they didn't and he didn't. So a null point!

Also about Pep - If that's the case the guy can't motivate his players. We don't want that.

Fact is they didn't and he didn't. So a null point!

Also about Pep - If that's the case the guy can't motivate his players. We don't want that.

Nothing to do with motivating players. You bollock a player or don't pick him and he knows you're smoked in the summer he's gonna think "fuck you" every single time. Players are all about image and ego these days and he cannot command respect when they know he's on his way out.

I agree it's a null point as he didn't win it what I'm saying is if City never got Guardiola and he stayed and went on to win it everyone would be saying he was amazing for 2 PL wins and a CL semi final in 3 years as well as 2 cups.

Very very fine margins.

Don't get me wrong I'm not pissing myself for him to come but we could do a LOT worse than him.

I honestly DONT want him anywhere near us.

Genuine question what do you think De Boer has that would make him a better fit for us over the likes of Pellegrini?

I'm not against De Boer I'd be happy with him but he's not my first choice and the talk about the tactical side of his game worries me as we've had two managers who sound very similar to himself in that regard

Genuine question what do you think De Boer has that would make him a better fit for us over the likes of Pellegrini?

I'm not against De Boer I'd be happy with him but he's not my first choice and the talk about the tactical side of his game worries me as we've had two managers who sound very similar to himself in that regard

I just get the feeling from De Boer. Just seems right. Don't get any frills from appointing Pellegrini because I think he's done a poor job at City. Someone mentioned Champions League Semi, they literally rolled over at the Bernabeu. Shithouse performance. Can't be assed with any of that.

De Boer is young, big name & ambitious. He's tight at the back (major + for me) and has won league titles. albeit is an inferior league but you can only beat what's in front of you. 4 on the spin can't be sniffed at. I'm pretty confident he'll be our guy.

I just get the feeling from De Boer. Just seems right. Don't get any frills from appointing Pellegrini because I think he's done a poor job at City. Someone mentioned Champions League Semi, they literally rolled over at the Bernabeu. Shithouse performance. Can't be assed with any of that.

De Boer is young, big name & ambitious. He's tight at the back (major + for me) and has won league titles. albeit is an inferior league but you can only beat what's in front of you. 4 on the spin can't be sniffed at. I'm pretty confident he'll be our guy.

I agree with that tbh bar I think Pellegrini could do a job here I'd be happy with either tbh my main reasoning for the engineer is I can just see him being the right man to set the corner stones for us, hopefully we'll find out soon enough who they have in mind

Pellegrini is the safer option for where we can can realistically get to over the next 2-3 years. And is the biggest established name available to us.

De Boer more of a gamble. Another gamble. But is the biggest 'prosoect' available to us.

Players and Managers are human beings. We forget that quite often. If my employee treat me the way Pellegrini has been treat bu City, as motivated as I am, there's no doubt that my subconscious would scrub some of that motivation. And as Pad says, it's same from the players point of view.

City collectively threw away the league...although saying that is highly disrespectful to Leicester, who more than earned their title. But they did win the league cup, which is no longer as mickey mouse as it was a decade or so ago.

I suppose we have to trust that Moshiri knows what is needed and is doing his due diligence to get the right man. Weighing up the risk and advantage of each name.

I read somewhere that Simeone said he wanted to manage another of his old clubs eventually... that points to Inter if he's off. That may open the door for Mancini.

Personally I think something very positive is rumbling. Wishfully, I see it playing out with Overmars appointed DoF and Dein brought onto the board then Koeman to follow very soon after. If this did happen like this then I would be pissing myself in excitement for Usmanov's billions following!!!

Didn't Moshiri come here to get control of a Prem club?

He was always in Usmanov's shadow at Arsenal.

How was he in his shadow? They are business partners outside of football and good friends by all accounts the only way I'd say he's in his shadow is financially but it's not hard when your fortune dwarfs that of Abromavich

I can't see him buying into us tbh anyway it doesn't make sense buying Moshiri's shares to just then sell them on unless he bought them at a very low cut price to then do what most hope

Well I wake up this morning and Twitter says it is Defo defo DEFO Moyes, Pelligrini, Koeman, Emery and Mancini.

Not one single person has a fucking clue.

I did have an interesting inbox the other day off a lad who told me Martinez would be sacked at 2pm on the Thursday the Monday before, Martinez was subsequentl sacked at 13:40 on said Thursday so he was pretty spot on that Emery would be announced on Thursday, said he is 90% sure, things can obviously change but it's almost done. He's a reporter who I get tickets for every now and again so make of it what you will.

Well I wake up this morning and Twitter says it is Defo defo DEFO Moyes, Pelligrini, Koeman, Emery and Mancini.

I did have an interesting inbox the other day off a lad who told me Martinez would be sacked at 2pm on the Thursday the Monday before, Martinez was subsequentl sacked at 13:40 on said Thursday so he was pretty spot on that Emery would be announced on Thursday, said he is 90% sure, things can obviously change but it's almost done. He's a reporter who I get tickets for every now and again so make of it what you will.

Oh my word! You're naughty doing that!!!

I really really hope you are right. Let's hope the language barrier doesn't pose a problem.

I'd like Gary Neville as a coach or assistant.

Lots of reports on Emery today a few Spanish sites also saying he's our number one target and we've enlisted the help of Mendez to push a deal through

Apparently he has a buy out clause, I won't get my hopes up to many contracting stories and reports doing the rounds

That's what I was implying Paul. Financially. If I'm a billionaire I want to be the big chief not a minor partner as at Arsenal where I own 15% of the shares.

Neither will or would ever get more then they have/had due to Kroenke so that point would be relevant to both Moshiri and Usmanov

Its crazy that Usmanov doesn't even hold a seat on the board or have any say in the running of the club considering his shares I think that's why people are hoping he comes here it looks very unlikely he will ever get anything more from them