IGNORED

Now Martinez has gone, who should get the nod...

Lowensda

You don't know that nothing is happening, for all we know they could have agreed to appoint Lowe but are waiting until after the Euros to announce it

Or maybe we are still negotiating with a club in order to speak to a manager, it's only been a couple of weeks since we sacked Roberto these things take time

spot on, the way the sale to moshiri went i feel thats how this is going as well. a behind the scenes man and i like that. no need to be flashy in public, let the football do the talking.

With Everton we tend to do things behind the scenes, I have no problems with this, infact I like it, it shows we have class.

My only concern is that whoever we appoint must be given sufficient time to rebuild the squad, both in terms of letting players go who are no longer needed, and bringing in new players, let alone getting a decent pre-season with them.

With Everton we tend to do things behind the scenes, I have no problems with this, infact I like it, it shows we have class.

My only concern is that whoever we appoint must be given sufficient time to rebuild the squad, both in terms of letting players go who are no longer needed, and bringing in new players, let alone getting a decent pre-season with them.

bingo

You don't know that nothing is happening, for all we know they could have agreed to appoint Lowe but are waiting until after the Euros to announce it

Or maybe we are still negotiating with a club in order to speak to a manager, it's only been a couple of weeks since we sacked Roberto these things take time

Yes Dunc I follow what you are saying, even thought of it myself, but what if the new man is for example Koeman, and he doesn't want to break his contract with Swansea? (OR whoever) Why do we always seem to be so bloody slow. Nobody has yet seen our squad in training have they? So we get a new man 24 hours before the start of the new season, what happens then. And if we get a numpty we would [possibly be facing a Villa situation wouldn't we? These things take time but surely the process was started before RM was kicked out. If it wasn't, then wtf are they (the board) playing at?

Yes Dunc I follow what you are saying, even thought of it myself, but what if the new man is for example Koeman, and he doesn't want to break his contract with Swansea? (OR whoever) Why do we always seem to be so bloody slow. Nobody has yet seen our squad in training have they? So we get a new man 24 hours before the start of the new season, what happens then. And if we get a numpty we would [possibly be facing a Villa situation wouldn't we? These things take time but surely the process was started before RM was kicked out. If it wasn't, then wtf are they (the board) playing at?

Haha. Are you being serious? The season just finished on Sunday. The players are now on holiday until next month. A new manager coming in 'today' won't see the players train for a few weeks anyway, they've all fucked off on family holidays. The transfer window doesn't open for a couple of months.

What's with the panic?!

Rubes is right. An announcement sooner rather than later will benefit all parties. Problem is we all know how prolonged transfers etc can be at Everton and I don't want to hear excuses like...., "manager didn't have a pre season" etc etc.

Ah fuck it then. Put an advert in the paper, whoever says yes first, we'll announce them.

When does pre season start? Mid July depending on if your on international duty?

As I said, the players are off for the next month. The training ground is emptier than Southampton 's after a transfer window.

Everton have a little cushion to be able to take their time. Use the time to speak to as many people as they want and make sure the next man is the right choice.

Ah fuck it then. Put an advert in the paper, whoever says yes first, we'll announce them.

When does pre season start? Mid July depending on if your on international duty?

As I said, the players are off for the next month. The training ground is emptier than Southampton 's after a transfer window.

Everton have a little cushion to be able to take their time. Use the time to speak to as many people as they want and make sure the next man is the right choice.

I am voicing a genuine concern no need to get all narky. I am really worried by the board. They knew in advance what was going to happen and they let it go. All I want to know is how far?

With the Euros in between and vulture clubs after our players too

When said new manager can't work with any players that have gone to the Euro's anyway. He won't even be able to work with the ones who haven't gone because pre-season won't be happening then either.

Vultures can circle all they want but whether we've got a manager or not wont change that we'll only sell if it's right for us.

I don't want it dragging on either but it's nothing to worry about at this moment in time.

We've got plenty of time to make hopefully the right choice, the fan in me wants to know sharpish but we don't know who they actually want and their circumstances ie Lowe getting the Euro's out of the way Pellegrini having a break before discussions same with De Boer etc

Obviously sooner rather than later but times on our side at the moment and with there being just the usual 2+2 journo garbage thrown around and nothing quite concrete or even speculation worthy it could well be done on the QT and we won't know until it's all done and dusted

I am voicing a genuine concern no need to get all narky. I am really worried by the board. They knew in advance what was going to happen and they let it go. All I want to know is how far?

Narky?! No where near. Bemused by panic? Absolutely.

Of course we all want to know. Like a kid on Christmas Day. Excitement and eagerness to find out, yes, panic and frustration...no!!!

Even if we appoint the new guy tomorrow...its most likely he'll be going on holiday for a few weeks too! Unless he's currently unemployed. Either way, he won't start the real work for a few weeks yet.

Thus is the luxury of sacking the manager at the end of the season rather than within the season (so long as you are in a safe place of course!). It allows you time to speak to people at length rather than having to appoint someone within a week.

I think we have at least a week or two to wait yet.

When I first saw that I thought it was a proposed manager and thought who!!?

Good work by the kid but his transfer targets are wild and well off though

Starting to get critical that we make an announcement imo. Papers full of talk about Stones, Lukaku, Mori... we're in a position of weakness without a manager, even if he doesn't convince them to stay, we need someone who will have replacements in mind and an idea of budget required so we can push for the best possible prices.

Transfer window isn't open for another six weeks almost, no rush just yet. If we get to July without a manager then I'll worry.

That just means no player can actually be transferred, but we all know that loads of deals are done before the window opens.

I didn't want Roberto to be replaced within the next couple of days, but we need someone before the Euros start. Otherwise, we potentially lose 6 weeks of negotiations with potential targets. Mind you, this is Everton so we'll only be doing our big deals at the end of the window anyway...

At times like this, it's best not to buy a newspaper, not listen to sports commentators, and not to visit news sites. They're all out there to sell papers and advertising, and to do that they must make us worry and be tuned in every moment. There's plenty of time to find the right manager. It would be a huge mistake to rush things. It would also be a huge mistake to allow commentators to build momentum for the wrong candidate, thereby pressuring the board to make a wrong decision.

Just ignore the press for a few weeks! It'll work out.