IGNORED

Michael Keane

6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm assuming you watched all of his games at Lyon last year to gather enough information to make this assessment? Because he's stepped on the pitch 3 times for us so far.

Why would I watch all his games to have to make a judgement on him. 
if you have to watch someone all season to decide if he’s good enough your in the wrong job. 
what I’ve said he is a squad player now and in 2 years hopefully we will be at a different level that’s presuming our scouts do their job correctly. 
buying players is the most important part of improving our team and we have to get that right. 
I'm not saying he can’t play his part now but he is not a better player than Mike Keane  

2 hours ago, patto said:

You can’t blame Keane for everything there was 10 other players in the team and why 22 games. 

I'm not - but we concede a higher gpg when he plays. No one has made more errors leading to a goal.

hes not reliable unfortunately 

37 minutes ago, patto said:

Why would I watch all his games to have to make a judgement on him. 
if you have to watch someone all season to decide if he’s good enough your in the wrong job. 
what I’ve said he is a squad player now and in 2 years hopefully we will be at a different level that’s presuming our scouts do their job correctly. 
buying players is the most important part of improving our team and we have to get that right. 
I'm not saying he can’t play his part now but he is not a better player than Mike Keane  

To say he's not a better player than Keane means we have wasted £15m cos Keane is not a £15m player. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

To say he's not a better player than Keane means we have wasted £15m cos Keane is not a £15m player. 

He’s not the only player we have wasted money on there’s plenty in the last 10 years. 
I know I keep going on about our scouts but if they don’t get it right we will never get out the mess we have been. 
at least illy looks to have been a good signing but I’m not sure on the other signings.  

34 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

I think Branthwaite will go next year.

Not so sure. New owners, new ground, and likely a new coach next year. He will wait at least to see where we are going. Plus, he has a contract until 2027, so we're not in a rush to sell him until the summer of 2026.

3 hours ago, patto said:

He’s not the only player we have wasted money on there’s plenty in the last 10 years. 
I know I keep going on about our scouts but if they don’t get it right we will never get out the mess we have been. 
at least illy looks to have been a good signing but I’m not sure on the other signings.  

He's 23, acclimating to the Prem league in a currently dysfunctional club. I'll wait a bit before I rush to judgement one way or another on him.