IGNORED

Michael Keane

6 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm assuming you watched all of his games at Lyon last year to gather enough information to make this assessment? Because he's stepped on the pitch 3 times for us so far.

Why would I watch all his games to have to make a judgement on him. 
if you have to watch someone all season to decide if he’s good enough your in the wrong job. 
what I’ve said he is a squad player now and in 2 years hopefully we will be at a different level that’s presuming our scouts do their job correctly. 
buying players is the most important part of improving our team and we have to get that right. 
I'm not saying he can’t play his part now but he is not a better player than Mike Keane  

2 hours ago, patto said:

You can’t blame Keane for everything there was 10 other players in the team and why 22 games. 

I'm not - but we concede a higher gpg when he plays. No one has made more errors leading to a goal.

hes not reliable unfortunately 

37 minutes ago, patto said:

Why would I watch all his games to have to make a judgement on him. 
if you have to watch someone all season to decide if he’s good enough your in the wrong job. 
what I’ve said he is a squad player now and in 2 years hopefully we will be at a different level that’s presuming our scouts do their job correctly. 
buying players is the most important part of improving our team and we have to get that right. 
I'm not saying he can’t play his part now but he is not a better player than Mike Keane  

To say he's not a better player than Keane means we have wasted £15m cos Keane is not a £15m player. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

To say he's not a better player than Keane means we have wasted £15m cos Keane is not a £15m player. 

He’s not the only player we have wasted money on there’s plenty in the last 10 years. 
I know I keep going on about our scouts but if they don’t get it right we will never get out the mess we have been. 
at least illy looks to have been a good signing but I’m not sure on the other signings.  

34 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

I think Branthwaite will go next year.

Not so sure. New owners, new ground, and likely a new coach next year. He will wait at least to see where we are going. Plus, he has a contract until 2027, so we're not in a rush to sell him until the summer of 2026.

3 hours ago, patto said:

He’s not the only player we have wasted money on there’s plenty in the last 10 years. 
I know I keep going on about our scouts but if they don’t get it right we will never get out the mess we have been. 
at least illy looks to have been a good signing but I’m not sure on the other signings.  

He's 23, acclimating to the Prem league in a currently dysfunctional club. I'll wait a bit before I rush to judgement one way or another on him.

31 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Not so sure. New owners, new ground, and likely a new coach next year. He will wait at least to see where we are going. Plus, he has a contract until 2027, so we're not in a rush to sell him until the summer of 2026.

What would you say if I said he has a buy out clause in his contract 

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

He's 23, acclimating to the Prem league in a currently dysfunctional club. I'll wait a bit before I rush to judgement one way or another on him.

If he doesn’t make it here I don’t think we will lose much I think his age and position will mean we get nearly as much money back for him 

1 minute ago, Matt Tiger said:

Uh, he does? What's the clause? Shocked that throughout the whole Man U saga this wasn't mentioned (I also could've missed it I suppose)

There was something mentioned about including one in an improved contract I think

7 hours ago, Haiku said:

Regrettably I can't see him staying here if a CL/European football league club comes in and contracts are there to be negotiated. 

10 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

Uh, he does? What's the clause? Shocked that throughout the whole Man U saga this wasn't mentioned (I also could've missed it I suppose)

Throughout the whole Man U saga they where never going to reach the buy out clause they made derisory bids it was pathetic for a club of United’s standing Jim Ratcliffe was an embarrassment he hasn’t got a clue about football dealings. 

We all know Dyche is not a throw a new player in to the team type of guy and let him develop in to a Premiership player over quarter of a season or so.

We all know a new player can easily take up to a whole season to develop properly in a new team. As a minimum player needs 10-12 game run in a team, before any real judgement can start to be made, and its only the last few games of this run that would be real indicator of what a player might be like for you. 

Twice as difficult if you are a defender going in to a defensive team at the wrong end of the table - as very little wiggle room. A lot different if you are a defender playing in a team who dominate possession and play in the opposition half. Not exposed half as much as you settle in to a team. 

Keane is seasoned Everton/Dyche player, JoB is fresh in the building. So can't compare value wise, simply becasue Keane is being picked ahead of him. Dyche will simply see Keane as the 'safer' pick at the moment. 

Keane has also played fine this season, Tarks not playing so well next to Keane is on Tarks really. CB pairing will get chopped and changed with injuries or suspensions - Tarks needs to deal with it, knows Keane well enough. 

27 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

We all know Dyche is not a throw a new player in to the team type of guy and let him develop in to a Premiership player over quarter of a season or so.

We all know a new player can easily take up to a whole season to develop properly in a new team. As a minimum player needs 10-12 game run in a team, before any real judgement can start to be made, and its only the last few games of this run that would be real indicator of what a player might be like for you. 

Twice as difficult if you are a defender going in to a defensive team at the wrong end of the table - as very little wiggle room. A lot different if you are a defender playing in a team who dominate possession and play in the opposition half. Not exposed half as much as you settle in to a team. 

Keane is seasoned Everton/Dyche player, JoB is fresh in the building. So can't compare value wise, simply becasue Keane is being picked ahead of him. Dyche will simply see Keane as the 'safer' pick at the moment. 

Keane has also played fine this season, Tarks not playing so well next to Keane is on Tarks really. CB pairing will get chopped and changed with injuries or suspensions - Tarks needs to deal with it, knows Keane well enough. 

So do you still have hope for Beto ?

5 hours ago, patto said:

So do you still have hope for Beto ?

?  What has Beto got to do with Keane?

If it's to do with a proper run of games as first choice, then yes nobody can judge him (or any player really) fully without seeing a proper run of games. Managers obviosely judge them in training, but we can't, and we can only trust managers make the right calls. DCL has managed to be available for games most of the time Beto has been here (although not been free scoring!!).

14 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

And the reason in part is because of attitude. Compare Beto's self-assessment after last season with Maupay's couldn't-care-less attitude.

Oh, and what's this thread about again?

Ssssh

• 2 weeks later...