IGNORED

Kieran Dowell

Just now, MikeO said:

"They can play in tight spaces and they know how to interpret the pattern of a game. They know when to dribble and when to play a short pass."

Bit like Gana;).

:shakingfist: if only. Sadly can't remember the last player for us who fit that description, maybe Arteta.

Hopefully Kieran will Do Well and be the next.

If tackling wasn’t a skill, then we wouldn’t have so many mistimed tackles.

being able to time a tackle perfectly and then make that tackle is a skill. Deciding if you need to make a tackle or force a player onto the opposite foot is a skill. Making a tackle, booking the ball, and then rising to run with the ball is an exceptional skill.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

being able to time a tackle perfectly and then make that tackle is a skill. Deciding if you need to make a tackle or force a player onto the opposite foot is a skill. Making a tackle, booking the ball, and then rising to run with the ball is an exceptional skill.

'tis a great last resort. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

As the skill of tackling is dying out I’m sure more and more players will be injured from miss timed tackles. Less practice and expertise devoted to learning how to do it properly also reduces the safety in my opinion, especially at the speed of the modern game. 

On 1/12/2018 at 06:15, hafnia said:

Sorry but even though I hate what Barkleys done his pass opportunity was hampered by lukakus league one level movement.

No surprise United fans are in dismay at how shite his movement is. Pundits only starting to pay attention to it. 

Barkley will get a shed load of assists at Chelsea. 

Just everyone luck that we don't get to see barkley with a striker in front who is inytelligent. 

Ugh.

4 hours ago, nogs said:

Fuck me they're worse than some Everton fans. He's scored 9 goals from midfield and he's a luxury they can't afford! 

I suppose its down to his overall game which they witness week in week out. It's the same conundrum with Rooney here, some fans don't want him to play much and others believe it is essential for him to start every game. 

I like the look of Dowell though from what I have seen. As he matures he should become a good player.

I can see that. Watched him a few times recently and he suffers from concentration. Makes a few great balls, but then is sloppy with a short pass. 

But like people say, he is young and experience will only improve him. Forest are a good fit for him at the moment.

Have him back in the summer and we can take a look at him.

3 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I suppose its down to his overall game which they witness week in week out. It's the same conundrum with Rooney here, some fans don't want him to play much and others believe it is essential for him to start every game. 

I like the look of Dowell though from what I have seen. As he matures he should become a good player.

I agree he looks a player to me. Call me old fashioned but I always thought winning games of football was about scoring and creating goals. You do that consistently, you're a pretty handy player in my book. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

My English is terrible so I shouldn't judge but this is quite bad from a professional editor. 

Everton correspondent Phil Kirkbride goes to Hull and back to chat with Notingham Firest loan star Kieran Dowell

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/11/nottingham-forest-fans-react-on-twitter-to-kieran-dowell-perform/

And this is why he's out on loan and nobody was stupid enough to think he was ready for the top league.

It'll be a good learning curve for him, but I'm not even sure he'll be ready for us this summer and I can see another season-long loan for him.

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/11/nottingham-forest-fans-react-on-twitter-to-kieran-dowell-perform/

And this is why he's out on loan and nobody was stupid enough to think he was ready for the top league.

It'll be a good learning curve for him, but I'm not even sure he'll be ready for us this summer and I can see another season-long loan for him.

And what about all the Twitter posts from Forest fans that aren't slagging Dowell off? Why is that site even running these stories? 

For balance, we paid 45 million for an attacking midfielder who has been hugely inconsistent and has scored four less goals and provided one more assist than Dowell this season. Is he 'ready' for us?? 

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

I agree. Watched him a few times and while he had moments that were good, he also had Barkleyesque brain farts. 

Needs another season of developing. 

Again for balance - you could apply your second sentence to how Rooney has played for us this season. Does he need more time to develop?? 

Just now, nogs said:

And what about all the Twitter posts from Forest fans that aren't sagging Dowell off? Why is that site even running these stories? 

For balance, we paid 45 million for an attacking midfielder who has been hugely inconsistent and has scored four less goals and provided one more assist than Dowell this season. Is he 'ready' for us?? 

The lad is inconsistent and isn’t ready. If I’d been bigging up Sigurdsson then I’d get you throwing his name about, but I haven’t so it’s irrelevant. 

If he’d stayed here he wouldn’t have even played. He’d have been stuck in the U23s and he’d not be developing at all. 

Apart from two long-range goals there was nothing in his general play during pre-season to suggest he was anywhere near ready to play PL football week in, week out. And week in, week out is what he needs right now and what he’s getting. He looked every inch a boy but he’ll come back a little closer to being a man. 

10 minutes ago, nogs said:

Again for balance - you could apply your second sentence to how Rooney has played for us this season. Does he need more time to develop?? 

Instead I just watch them and make an opinion Nogs. Trust me, I have watched him at every opportunity as I think he is a promising player. But I’m not going to make out he is going to light up the premier when his weakness are all out there on show.

Yes he has scored a few, laid in assists and had some MoM performances. But he has also had some no shows, glaring misses and bad decisions. He is young and learning his trade.

Allow him that time to learn.

9 hours ago, nogs said:

Why would I? I’m in the Dowell thread.

But in answer to your question. No Rooney doesn’t need time to develop, he is on the other side of the line, where he isn’t as fast as he used to be and mistakes are creeping in. This is why he isn’t a guaranteed starter anymore.

The difference between the two though is huge. Rooney has a wealth of experience to draw from, and as many are pointing out, it’s not just his football on the pitch that we are benefitting from, but his leadership and organisational skills.