IGNORED

Kopite Thread

36 minutes ago, johnh said:

I bet they wished they'd signed Pickford.

Weren't they laughing at us for signing him?  They will have to spend big bucks.  There are only 2 goalkeepers on any pitch in every game- it makes signing a good one very tough as there just isn'tt that many of them. 

52 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Having said that he's on the ground at the end completely in bits and his team mates leave him there, eventually Bale and another Madrid player try to pick him up before a member of the Liverpool coaching staff comes over. Not right that.

I know they all should have left him to see if he could save himself😋

1 hour ago, johnh said:

I bet they wished they'd signed Pickford.

They will 100% sign his back-up, Butland, this summer and will have to pay at least £30m.

As soon as they do sign Butland, he’ll become England’s no.1 on the basis that he plays for that lot.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Like I said they wouldn’t win it all.  Klopp has weaknesses and they came to roost. His keepers have been shit since he got there and never did anything (sorry signing kairus was a nothing move)

I think it was a lesson learned for you MJB. You had them down and out way earlier than the final - it's best to just understand that their weaknesses and better opponents mean nothing when it comes to those stuffy sods.

I've lost count of the times when they have won out of nothing or undeservedely. 

You know what I didn’t give a shite whether they won or lost, my positive if they won was hopefully that would make our board management and players work harder to be better than them, I sometimes feel that if they fail it’s like a scapegoat for our own failings. 

But what has shocked 😮 me is some of the posts about Karius are there really people like that about who call themselves football supporters. 

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

Having said that he's on the ground at the end completely in bits and his team mates leave him there, eventually Bale and another Madrid player try to pick him up before a member of the Liverpool coaching staff comes over. Not right that.

Even Lawrenson picked them up on this....

"Karius had an awful night and it was horrible to watch the Reds goalkeeper completely alone in his penalty area at the end of the game. The Real Madrid players were the first to console him, followed by a member of the Liverpool coaching staff.

I know from experience that when you lose a big game as a player, you sometimes need a few minutes to collect your thoughts, and those are times you are really just thinking about yourself.

But surely one of his team-mates could have gone over, put their arm round him and given him a big hug - even if they did not know what to say."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44268491

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Even Lawrenson picked them up on this....

"Karius had an awful night and it was horrible to watch the Reds goalkeeper completely alone in his penalty area at the end of the game. The Real Madrid players were the first to console him, followed by a member of the Liverpool coaching staff.

I know from experience that when you lose a big game as a player, you sometimes need a few minutes to collect your thoughts, and those are times you are really just thinking about yourself.

But surely one of his team-mates could have gone over, put their arm round him and given him a big hug - even if they did not know what to say."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44268491

I noticed that as well. I can't believe none of his teammates went to console him. I actually have a soft spot for him now -- that can't be an easy feeling. 

I know this is small-scale, but our keeper in our adult league went out with injury so I stepped in. I let in an embarrassing goal, which eventually cost us the game. The only thing that made it better was my teammates being on my side.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

You know what I didn’t give a shite whether they won or lost, my positive if they won was hopefully that would make our board management and players work harder to be better than them, I sometimes feel that if they fail it’s like a scapegoat for our own failings. 

But what has shocked 😮 me is some of the posts about Karius are there really people like that about who call themselves football supporters. 

One thing you need to remember about our board pre moshiri is that they have done fuck all whilst Liverpool have won everything bar the league in their time.

They have overseen us turn into a loan to buy and highly paid reject home for years. 

I desperately wanted them to lose and rightly so. 

Shocking the treatment the lad got from top to bottom 

The captain and players should have been over to the lad straight away to console him and in a way I'm glad they didn't as it shows the lack of class and integrity they have but I felt for him, shocking errors but we all make them... 

Ex players like Pennant tweeting he felt for the players "except the GK" and fans shows once that club touches you your moral compass is well and truly fucked