IGNORED

Kopite Thread

it seems their manager knows what he's doing. A good honest footballer but for me not a top half player.

It pains me to say this but Mr McCarthy may well be viewed in the same way unless he starts bringing something to the party. As a defensive midfielder he is very very good, but for me he has been lacking in that area somewhat and is not "leading" the team... something I thought he would do.

2 years ago he was player of the year, this last two seasons he has had smatterings of very good games along with many "I'm doing my job" performances.

With us having this new money in the club, the likes of McCarthy need to step up and prove they can be part of a team that wins things. He is very good value at the £13m we paid for him - but if he isn't going to at least try and evolve as a box to box midfielder, something he should be then I would sell for the £20m+ that spurs were looking to spend.

spot on haf.

it seems their manager knows what he's doing. A good honest footballer but for me not a top half player.

It pains me to say this but Mr McCarthy may well be viewed in the same way unless he starts bringing something to the party. As a defensive midfielder he is very very good, but for me he has been lacking in that area somewhat and is not "leading" the team... something I thought he would do.

2 years ago he was player of the year, this last two seasons he has had smatterings of very good games along with many "I'm doing my job" performances.

With us having this new money in the club, the likes of McCarthy need to step up and prove they can be part of a team that wins things. He is very good value at the £13m we paid for him - but if he isn't going to at least try and evolve as a box to box midfielder, something he should be then I would sell for the £20m+ that spurs were looking to spend.

I think after this season, there's no way Spurs would pay £20m for McCarthy.They might even win the league yet, there'll be plenty of players wanting a little bit of that, champions, new stadium, London etc.Can't see McCarthy being any more than a bench warmer.

I think after this season, there's no way Spurs would pay £20m for McCarthy.They might even win the league yet, there'll be plenty of players wanting a little bit of that, champions, new stadium, London etc.Can't see McCarthy being any more than a bench warmer.

The James McCarthy we have seen is a one man destroyer - we just haven't seen it enough and I think he has been allowed to be just a "breaker up of play". He could be so much more.

• 2 weeks later...

The James McCarthy we have seen is a one man destroyer - we just haven't seen it enough and I think he has been allowed to be just a "breaker up of play". He could be so much more.

I don't think he has been the same since all the hamstring injuries last year

We could certainly do with the old McCarthy back, watching The Shite here I really fear for us at Analfield. They're players are all over the Spurs players like a rash, not giving them a second on the ball. Where as ours just stand off and are almost apologetic if they get in the way of opposing players

We could certainly do with the old McCarthy back, watching The Shite here I really fear for us at Analfield. They're players are all over the Spurs players like a rash, not giving them a second on the ball. Where as ours just stand off and are almost apologetic if they get in the way of opposing players

I noticed they are doing the little things well. Alli likes a quick free kick and they have a man stand in front every time. Far more professional and their focus on the flair players doing a job off the ball shows what they could become.

They look solid doing the basics, but they struggle to carry Sturridge. He doesn't want to know unless there's a chance for himself to score.

2 performances do not make up for 2 seasons of shite.

Who says it's two performances? He's been very good for them before he came back from his injury.

I said from the off that with his pace, power, technical ability and work rate he would come good.

He will be out wide for a bit I think and eventually make a very good striker.

Who says it's two performances? He's been very good for them before he came back from his injury.

I said from the off that with his pace, power, technical ability and work rate he would come good.

He will be out wide for a bit I think and eventually make a very good striker.

the red side of my family, flash in the pan recently but otherwise makes Benteke look like a world beater.

He's still a kid but he's far from good at the moment.

the red side of my family, flash in the pan recently but otherwise makes Benteke look like a world beater.

He's still a kid but he's far from good at the moment.

Strangely my golf partner said last year that many at Liverpool had him down to make a breakthrough this year. Let's be honest if we bought him as a 19 year old for 12m we would be scrutinising him and demanding him played. They have the luxury of holding him back.

I said at the world cup and I say it now. He will be the main Belgian striker and you can see it. Pure acceleration, quick feet. His first is hi guys air travel great but will get better.

:huh:

I just seen that - predictive text on my phone is insane.... I think it was "his finishing is hit and miss but will get better"

The improvement in his game apparently is down to weight training - 5 kg weight increase (I think that is exaggerated personally). This is where most players do need time to "grow" into the game. You get the odd freaks like Rooney and Lukaku who were near peak muscularity at 16/17 - I think previous to them people said Norman Whiteside was the one who at 17 was like a full grown man.

I still pop in here, fairly routinely to see what you guys are upto and my team getting its mickey taken out of. Loads of fun.

But this is brilliant, eh? :) Chuffed for the kid!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fantastic-lfc-fans-made-disabled-11223197#rlabs=6%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

Edited by xavier

I still pop in here, fairly routinely to see what you guys are upto and my team getting its mickey taken out of. Loads of fun.

But this is brilliant, eh? :) Chuffed for the kid!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fantastic-lfc-fans-made-disabled-11223197#rlabs=6%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

Brilliant, good to hear from you xav, hope all is going well.