IGNORED

Jose Maria Basanta

Don't really get why we need to spend money on an aging center half? Surly Distin has another season in him as our main center half? Stones is more than capable of cover and then when stones steps up I would see Distin as decent cover. That gives us 2 years to search out a solid young center half to bring in and mold into the next Jags.

Don't really get why we need to spend money on an aging center half? Surly Distin has another season in him as our main center half? Stones is more than capable of cover and then when stones steps up I would see Distin as decent cover. That gives us 2 years to search out a solid young center half to bring in and mold into the next Jags.

There are two problems with that plan

1. Its logical

2. It doesnt give journalists anything to write about

Without regular football Distin will fade fast. He is managing to keep his level up due to fitness and regular football, without that his age will become a factor.

We need cover for our center halfs. Not saying this guy is the right choice as I don't know much about him.

Without regular football Distin will fade fast. He is managing to keep his level up due to fitness and regular football, without that his age will become a factor.

We need cover for our center halfs. Not saying this guy is the right choice as I don't know much about him.

Apparently he trains more than most, he is one of the fittest at the club. A game once every 7-10 days would be fine for him. Its recovery when you age. He will take 2-3 days, the likes of Barkley and Stones need one full nights kip and feet up next day, then they are good to go.

We have Tyias Browning coming through, Duffy on loan, Stones and Jags, and I think Distin will still have 2 more seasons in the tank, certainly 1 playing and one as a squad player. Distins a genetic freak, i've said this many a time.

I wonder if either Duffy and/or Browning will be good enough, even as squad players. Duffy is too slow for the high lines we play, but he's still a decent defender.