IGNORED

Roberto Firmino

well its like this you see...

People are happy for us to have a chairman who is unable to deliver a new stadium and dumps a Chief Exec on us who has pretty much outsourced any viable means of generating income for pennies.

It means that aside attendance money of average 38k per match we are using TV money alone to pretty much do our business - this puts us in a pack alongside the likes of West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, and other alos rans.

Its funny, many of the people who moan about our lack of spending are big supporters of Bill and co.

You want to see us compete for the best players? we need a board and chief exec with ambition and vision. Until then just expect to see us flog £20m worth of players (Jela, Vic, etc) and buy the odd marquee signing (Rom) to quieten the masses.

Not really, they've got newer/bigger stadiums and much more lucrative shirt sponsors. They're still less successful though, and it comes from giving a manager time to put a plan in place, supporting the right purchases and looking long term, something our Chairman seems quite good at.

Our CEO on the other hand...

May seem high but Liverpool have their David Silva, Eden Hazard, Alexis Sanchez.

This is the transfer which unfortunately can take them up a gear.

I'm with Patti though, its a pisser to think they van spend that money and he'll be one of 6/7 players.

Whereas we have to be content with freebies, loans and the odd penny spent.

He's far from either of those mentioned ability wise for me I get your drift in terms of style maybe but he's no world beater yet anyway

They are a side of predominantly average players mixed with a few talented but disjointed "stars" they will still fall well short of the likes of Chelsea Arsenal City etc

Edited by EFC-Paul

Not really, they've got newer/bigger stadiums and much more lucrative shirt sponsors. They're still less successful though, and it comes from giving a manager time to put a plan in place, supporting the right purchases and looking long term, something our Chairman seems quite good at.

Our CEO on the other hand...

They have got newer bigger stadiums and lucrative shirt sponsors etc becuse they are run the right way commercially.

Break things down - you can't just excuse this appalling state of affairs because our chairman gives managers time (can't afford to sack managers).

If we had brought in Roy Hodgson as a manager when Liverpool did you can bet anything that you want that he would be still managing our club. Not because he's the right man, but because our aspirations are to "have a go and just don't get relegated".

Being comercially sound would raise the bar on all fronts - from the boardroom to the dugout. With money to spend comes a responsibility - spending lots of money can win you a cup or get you the sack. Spending just a few quid gives a manager a wonderful excuse for mediocrity and a long tenure.

Thats is where we are. Like it or not. Nothings changed a great deal in Bills time other than more TV money which has diluted our debt somewhat, but ultimately more and more clubs have the ability to compete or beat us to players.

They have got newer bigger stadiums and lucrative shirt sponsors etc becuse they are run the right way commercially.

Break things down - you can't just excuse this appalling state of affairs because our chairman gives managers time (can't afford to sack managers).

If we had brought in Roy Hodgson as a manager when Liverpool did you can bet anything that you want that he would be still managing our club. Not because he's the right man, but because our aspirations are to "have a go and just don't get relegated".

Being comercially sound would raise the bar on all fronts - from the boardroom to the dugout. With money to spend comes a responsibility - spending lots of money can win you a cup or get you the sack. Spending just a few quid gives a manager a wonderful excuse for mediocrity and a long tenure.

Thats is where we are. Like it or not. Nothings changed a great deal in Bills time other than more TV money which has diluted our debt somewhat, but ultimately more and more clubs have the ability to compete or beat us to players.

True, but you can't blame the poor state of affairs on the chairman. The one thing you can blame the chairman for, is hiring an incompetent CEO. The rest is down to Suntan Bob

You can also blame him for not sacking Bob and hiring someone competent. So as long as Bob keeps his job it's also Bill's fault.

Cant argue with the first part. but there are others who could speak up too and don't/ I just get fed up of "its all Bills fault" just because its easier to point the finger at the figurehead than the actual people responsible.

You can also blame him for not sacking Bob and hiring someone competent. So as long as Bob keeps his job it's also Bill's fault.

exactly this - how is that buffoon at our club?

Kitbag, Chang, the badge, the closure of shops,

It was bad enough hiring him, but keeping him??? complete and utter joke. Bob is the reason a good bloke like Tyrell left as well as a few more. Incompetant idiots in power often resort to "mis management of others" becuase they know they are incompetant, insecure.

But hey, he must be armed with some pretty damaging info, I seen big Keith Wyness doesn't have to worry about work after his pay off. There is something rotten that has yet to be exposed.

Cant argue with the first part. but there are others who could speak up too and don't/ I just get fed up of "its all Bills fault" just because its easier to point the finger at the figurehead than the actual people responsible.

Bill plays a blinder, he really does. If he was on the apprentice Lord Sugar would struggle to fire himn afetr his teary tales of the boys pen etc etc. The reality is that he is and always has been completely out of his depth and I don't think he has acted in the best interests of the club, the reality is he bit off way more than he can chew and got us into bed with some pretty shady money men.

As a final note, I have heard he may be in bad health, all criticism of him pales into insignificance as he is a human being and football is a game. I hope he manages to pass the mantle over to someone who can take us forward and he gets healthy and enjoys life. He probably doesn't need all this.

exactly this - how is that buffoon at our club?

Kitbag, Chang, the badge, the closure of shops,

It was bad enough hiring him, but keeping him??? complete and utter joke. Bob is the reason a good bloke like Tyrell left as well as a few more. Incompetant idiots in power often resort to "mis management of others" becuase they know they are incompetant, insecure.

But hey, he must be armed with some pretty damaging info, I seen big Keith Wyness doesn't have to worry about work after his pay off. There is something rotten that has yet to be exposed.

Tyrell was a complete and utter twat! I think you mean Myers?

Bill plays a blinder, he really does. If he was on the apprentice Lord Sugar would struggle to fire himn afetr his teary tales of the boys pen etc etc. The reality is that he is and always has been completely out of his depth and I don't think he has acted in the best interests of the club, the reality is he bit off way more than he can chew and got us into bed with some pretty shady money men.

As a final note, I have heard he may be in bad health, all criticism of him pales into insignificance as he is a human being and football is a game. I hope he manages to pass the mantle over to someone who can take us forward and he gets healthy and enjoys life. He probably doesn't need all this.

Do you know what one of my worries is? (And this isn't in defence of Bill, just playing Devi'ls advocate) If it's Bill that's ironically, keeping the rabid dogs at bay, what would happen if he were to go? What would happen to our club if people like Green or Earl had direct control over all things Everton?

Edited by tenaciousj