IGNORED

West Brom

markjazzbassist

Agreed, we all look hungover.

It's a good thing they didn't go to Amsterdam instead.

Game is just about done, and seems it's going to be a 1- 1 draw. Realize a trip to WBA isn't the easiest of fixtures for any team (Fuck off there goes a disallowed goal....) but the game only came to life after they scored, and even then we didnt really improve

Yes Full Time and another missed opportunity. On paper it's not the worst result, but real room for improvement this night.

Guest rusty747

I feel like we are right back at square 1 after that performance. Absolutely dire. No composure, no belief, no coordination, no real effort and no changes made in a positive and timely manner. Very, very disappointing.

Think Martinez has been waaayyyy to kind letting go of Jela to give him some game time for the world cup before bringing in a replacement. Lukaku looked ridiculous jaded for the entire second half (as did most of the team mind).

Hoping this Traore lad's hammys are in better nick than what's being reported. We desperately need some fresh legs in the team.

Can really see why Rom was used off the bench so often for WBA last season.

to play devils advocate, who was RM going to put on? mcgeady looked good for 10 min, but how would he have done for 30? naismiith is shite, and vellios, heitinga? no thanks.

he did what he could. we need less injuries and more depth.

there is no chance naismith could have been worse than osman...at least you will get naismith pressuring people..osman looked fucked again..concrete boots

Guest blueboy122

I thought the team looked absolutely knackered.

Didn't think Martinez did to much wrong to be honest what options did he have to use?

Maybe he should have thrown Vellios on to put himself about a bit... That's the only other plausible option I could see.

That was really poor, easily the worst performance of the season for me. West Brom were average but in the 2nd half they were by far the better team.

We were poor in so many areas, we lacked cohesion, we lacked composure and we lacked any urgency whatsoever. Osman and Oviedo were really poor, in fact I havent seen Osman as bad for a long time. We kept going long (which I do think was a tactic to expose Lugano) but we weren't winning the 2nd ball. Because we were stuck between phases, we were badly out of position and as soon as West Brom won the ball back they had easy passing options. As soon as we got up the field we could really put pressure on them but a lot of the time we were undone but sloppy passes or poor touches, under no pressure whatsoever.

Martinez rightfully deserves criticism for waiting far too long to make his changes. We got deeper and deeper (always a bad thing when you're playing against Vic) and it was only a matter of time until they scored because we couldn't relieve the pressure. I'm really gutted because that game was there for the taking and I felt like the players didn't want it badly enough (Mirallas excluded).

Really disappointed with the lads today as I felt that this was a game the starters needed to win. Knew it was going to be tough with the new manager and injuries piling up but was not expecting us to be this bad! I was screaming for Osman to come off after 5 minutes of the 2nd half and yet our subs came until after their goal. To be fair, what else could RM do? Sure he could've put Naismith on earlier than he did but other than that, can't really fault him for this game. Now I'm really nervous for the Derby... oh boy, hope Peanuts and Coleman are ready to go because otherwise... we are in some trouble.

Crikey, I know we went at our best but anyone reading this forum would think we were playing like we were under W Smith!

We played ok, the pitch was in a poor state. In the first half we bossed it, should have been 2 or 3 up.

Second half we couldn't impose ourselves as West Brom really came at us. I think a draw was a little harsh on us.

The only criticism I wave is that I would have put Naismith on for Osman after 60 minutes as he tired greatly and in a match like that we needed more hustle.

I just hope Colemans injury isnt too bad.

Guest blueboy122

1-1 draw away from home isn't to bad against a well organised side. However I will admit if we just managed to change gear into second we would have beaten them. First half we were in first gear second half we came out in reverse.

I thought the team looked absolutely knackered.

Didn't think Martinez did to much wrong to be honest what options did he have to use?

Maybe he should have thrown Vellios on to put himself about a bit... That's the only other plausible option I could see.

We might not have been bringing on quality but we just needed some energy.

Gotta be constructive here gents, bit OTT bringing Moyes up (fuck sake, is moyes the only manager we have had in our history?!) and I see the Martinez bashers will jump on this one (Martinez has cost us majorly in the race for 4th?! Have a word pal...its because of RM that we are in that race to start with!!!)

But, anyway, lets be honest...we were shite! Really frustrated watching that. We have all got use to a particular style of play in a short period of time.

However, credit to WBA...they pressed hard, tackled hard, found space, looked sharp, passed and moved with pace. And we did none of that.

We just looked empty today. Too many long balls upto lukaku, who won very few. We were basically the opposite of wba.

Lets not go overboard with criticism, it was poor all round...players and martinez...

Bring on the kopshites!!!

Crikey, I know we went at our best but anyone reading this forum would think we were playing like we were under W Smith!

We played ok, the pitch was in a poor state. In the first half we bossed it, should have been 2 or 3 up.

Second half we couldn't impose ourselves as West Brom really came at us. I think a draw was a little harsh on us.

The only criticism I wave is that I would have put Naismith on for Osman after 60 minutes as he tired greatly and in a match like that we needed more hustle.

I just hope Colemans injury isnt too bad.

Gotta be constructive here gents, bit OTT bringing Moyes up (fuck sake, is moyes the only manager we have had in our history?!) and I see the Martinez bashers will jump on this one (Martinez has cost us majorly in the race for 4th?! Have a word pal...its because of RM that we are in that race to start with!!!)

But, anyway, lets be honest...we were shite! Really frustrated watching that. We have all got use to a particular style of play in a short period of time.

However, credit to WBA...they pressed hard, tackled hard, found space, looked sharp, passed and moved with pace. And we did none of that.

We just looked empty today. Too many long balls upto lukaku, who won very few. We were basically the opposite of wba.

Lets not go overboard with criticism, it was poor all round...players and martinez...

Bring on the kopshites!!!

well said lads

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "Any point is good point, but I was disappointed with the second-half performance.

"The hardest thing in first half was to get the goal and we managed that. In the second half the condition of pitch didn't allow us to get on the ball much."

Moyes with a tan and a Spanish accent, otherwise known as 'making excuses' rather than holding his hands up...

We are where we're meant to be but we should be blasting shite like this off the park. 4 points dropped against them this season. We can go 5/6 years without beating these, though recent record (last 5 years) more positive. Not quite a bogey team like Arsenal, Leeds or Liverpool, but;

Overall, P159, W65, D36, L58, F256, A250