IGNORED

Fulham v Arsenal game Saturday

FFCSW6

Hi all,

Sorry this is a weird request but I'm a Fulham fan in Liverpool for a mates birthday at the weekend and coming to your game (the rest of the lads are QPR fans going to Bolton for their game - would much rather head to Goodson!).

I was just wondering where the best place to grab the early game (Fulham v Arsenal) before the game would be? Is there anywhere round the ground or is the city centre best?

Thanks.

Hi all,

Sorry this is a weird request but I'm a Fulham fan in Liverpool for a mates birthday at the weekend and coming to your game (the rest of the lads are QPR fans going to Bolton for their game - would much rather head to Goodson!).

I was just wondering where the best place to grab the early game (Fulham v Arsenal) before the game would be? Is there anywhere round the ground or is the city centre best?

Thanks.

I imagine the city centre but I'd wait for one of the more regulars answer ;)

The Winslow pub, Goodison Road, 10 yards (or less) from the main stand.

It will be on both downstairs in the bar, there, or upstairs if you give the older guy with the bowler hat at the bottom of the stairs a couple of quid to go upstairs. Upstairs is classed as a sort of unofficial supporters club, that's why they want a couple of quid for you going up there as a 'guest' (don't even bother trying not to pay - he's not someone to be messed with).

I digress - the bar in The Winslow will have the early game on - you'll be alright either in there or upstairs.

Thanks for all of your help! Here's hoping for an Everton win on Saturday!

That's alright - I like Fulham - best away day in the PL and even better following our improved record there in recent seasons (when we beat you 2-0 at The Cottage in 2009 it was the first time we had won there since 1966, admittedly we hadn't played you every year between those years).

Goes without saying I hope you batter Arsenal. Horrible club, that.

The Winslow was shut down at the end of last season. Not been pre-season so not sure if it's reopened.

Hot Wok will have it on and you can grab some beer and Chinesse (obvious from the name!!!) food - nice too.

I personally like the taxi club by Walton Police Station - easy to get a drink, loads of screens down stairs and a big screen up stairs. Bit of a walk though!

The Winslow was shut down at the end of last season. Not been pre-season so not sure if it's reopened.

Good Lord! Hope it was for maintenance and not permanent - very fond memories of that place and apart from a pub by Sheff Utd (The Cock?) which is probably not there any more either had to be the 'closest pub to a ground'? Fond memories of that place (The Winslow). Good God! Bit of a shock, that. Maybe they're turning it into fully fledged supporters club (doubt it)? Frigging supermarkets and their cheap booze!

Anyway, might be an idea to try and get an email to that Fulham fan as doesn't sound like he's coming back to check further?

Edited by Cake