IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

FWIW Roma have played 4 full seasons with Friedkin Group as owners. They finished 7th, 6th, 6th, and 6th in the league. Interestingly, they have finished with the exact same (18-9-11) record the last three years. Won the Conference League and lost a Europa League final. They also made the Europa League semifinal last year. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

And this is why there has been so much interest in our club. Investors know there is a massive opportunity here. 

I never understood why so many people were convinced it was 777 or administration when all that crap was going on. Some with an agenda and vested interests pushing the administration stuff didn't help like.

On the pitch we may be turd and have problems off the pitch as well, but there is so much potential for any buyer with the money for the initial outlay to make a killing.

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I never understood why so many people were convinced it was 777 or administration when all that crap was going on. Some with an agenda and vested interests pushing the administration stuff didn't help like.

On the pitch we may be turd and have problems off the pitch as well, but there is so much potential for any buyer with the money for the initial outlay to make a killing.

In fairness, I always got the sense that the smart money was scared off until Moshiri agreed (rightly) to eat his hat. It appears that once 777 were no more he realized doing so was the only way forward.

I surpose with most things if you can buy the equity (or most of it) outright without the burden of massive debt you are potentially on a winner from day one as profit and loss account doesn't have an immediate £20m burden on it.

Estimates are that our new stadium will potentially generate and additional £40-60M a year for us - year on year. This is a similar revenue to what a team might expect to earn getting to the quarter/semi finals of the Champiosn League. 

I think my rough sums are correct, if you earn an additional £50M profit each season, it essentually means we are able to balance the books and sustainably hold an additional 5No. £20-30M (£100k a week) players in our squad. I don't sugget the club go out and slurg this much (we have been there and got the T shirt), its just to illustrate the potential squad improvement £50M extra annual revenue should provide a PL squad.

Getting the club for what I think is now a knock down deal for the Friedkin Group is a shrewed bit of business, especially if you are buying it 4-5months before you get the keys to a state of the art stadium on the banks of the iconic river Mersey. 

get the management of this right and we become a very sustainable club. Match this with a bit of overdue 'luck' on the playing side and there is no reason why we shouldn't leapfrog the likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle in the next 2-3 years and be the club that regularly chasing top 4 - 5 finishes, which in turn hopefully provides the odd bonus year of revenue.

It's a golden oppertunity for these new owners. 

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I surpose with most things if you can buy the equity (or most of it) outright without the burden of massive debt you are potentially on a winner from day one as profit and loss account doesn't have an immediate £20m burden on it.

Estimates are that our new stadium will potentially generate and additional £40-60M a year for us - year on year. This is a similar revenue to what a team might expect to earn getting to the quarter/semi finals of the Champiosn League. 

I think my rough sums are correct, if you earn an additional £50M profit each season, it essentually means we are able to balance the books and sustainably hold an additional 5No. £20-30M (£100k a week) players in our squad. I don't sugget the club go out and slurg this much (we have been there and got the T shirt), its just to illustrate the potential squad improvement £50M extra annual revenue should provide a PL squad.

Getting the club for what I think is now a knock down deal for the Friedkin Group is a shrewed bit of business, especially if you are buying it 4-5months before you get the keys to a state of the art stadium on the banks of the iconic river Mersey. 

get the management of this right and we become a very sustainable club. Match this with a bit of overdue 'luck' on the playing side and there is no reason why we shouldn't leapfrog the likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle in the next 2-3 years and be the club that regularly chasing top 4 - 5 finishes, which in turn hopefully provides the odd bonus year of revenue.

Great posts btw....

I think we need to go heavier on the young hungry (scouted) players and not the "Everton will do for a last decent contract"..... which plagued us under moshiri. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Great posts btw....

I think we need to go heavier on the young hungry (scouted) players and not the "Everton will do for a last decent contract"..... which plagued us under moshiri. 

Certainly. I think the latter group should be brought in only under a year long loan situation if we have squad depth issues and don't have permanent targets identified, and even then they should be a last resort.

7 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Are you not using revenue and profit interchangebly? The stadium will bring in 40-60M in REVENUE, the new owner will pay off the debt to remove 20M in interest payments...that will be profit (straight flow through)...but the extra 40-60M in revenue won't be pure profit. I am not arguing with your sentiment about this being a good move for us....just confused at the "extra 50M of profit"

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Although the new stadium was originally budgeted to cost £500M, it will finally come in at around £760M. So in todays money the club now have a £750M state of the art modern stadium. 

The build of the stadium was to cost £560m, that didn’t include the groundwork’s which cost circa £100m and the money spent on the design and planning aspect, just the part undertaken by Laing O”Rourke.
But the expected cost for the whole thing is now £760m, with costs included.

Cant answer anything else from your post, but I’m pretty sure this is accurate. Hope it helps.  

48 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Are you not using revenue and profit interchangebly? The stadium will bring in 40-60M in REVENUE, the new owner will pay off the debt to remove 20M in interest payments...that will be profit (straight flow through)...but the extra 40-60M in revenue won't be pure profit. I am not arguing with your sentiment about this being a good move for us....just confused at the "extra 50M of profit"

Real scope to bring in extra revenue for sponsorship, which would be profit as such as it doesn’t come with a cost attached. 
Time for the club to be more creative in bringing money in. 

Hate it when things like this are reported, and I hate the way admin works.

If you’ve decided it will get the green light in December, then green light it for fuck sake. 
If it’s a case of decision made, but the amount of admin needed will mean it won’t be complete until December… then just say so the club can move forward and start planning that way.

We don't have to run everything like it’s the NHS ffs.

28 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Hate it when things like this are reported, and I hate the way admin works.

If you’ve decided it will get the green light in December, then green light it for fuck sake. 
If it’s a case of decision made, but the amount of admin needed will mean it won’t be complete until December… then just say so the club can move forward and start planning that way.

We don't have to run everything like it’s the NHS ffs.

I imagine it's to do with PL staff being split between many already planned priorities and somehow need to fit this in. Same as any other company, planning needs reworking, risk assessments of changes to the plan, etc. I imagine the actual work required could be done in a week if there was nothing else going on.

18 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Fair enough, maybe  a litttle over optomisitc at £50M additional 'profit' or money available, but didn't go as far as saying up to £80m profit - But £20M saved in interested plus say up to £20M additinal 'profit' (out of the £40-60M increased revenue), as I don't think there is a massive costs burden on things like stadium naming rights or an extra 12-14,000 bums on seats on a match day.

So maybe worth first knockout stage of CL rather than QF's. It still going to be a signficant sustainable stream of additional monies that the likes of Villa, Newcastle etc can't tap in to annually (without massive investments on their own infrastructure). We have already seen this summer Villa and Newcastle have had to begin to get creative in the transfer window to now balance for PSR. Lots of clubs are now very much on the edge of the revenues they generate and thus money they can spend.  As we know, hard to build a team over a sustained period when you are annually forced to sell your better players, and hope the  cheaper more risky new ones you bring in are good enough to fill their shoes. Otherwise, you are one step forward, but have to take two back the following season.

Historically, we are a big club - other than very good fortune in the Premier League era, we are as big a club as Chelsea, Man City, Spur and I would say bigger than Villa and Newcastle. With a state of the art new stadium, a shrewed and switched on new owner has everything they need start a new chapter in the clubs history.   

If these owners are smart they can hopefully make us the next fashionable Premier League club - but built of solid and sustainable revenues  and not just two seasons with a open cheque book and some wishful thinking. 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

I imagine it's to do with PL staff being split between many already planned priorities and somehow need to fit this in. Same as any other company, planning needs reworking, risk assessments of changes to the plan, etc. I imagine the actual work required could be done in a week if there was nothing else going on.

If they stopped going after clubs for PSR they could get so much more work done. 

The one component I've always been confused by in regards to FFP is interest. I was under the impression that investment (including interest) in a new stadium was allowed to be deducted from calculated losses. Was the issue we ran into that we claimed all of our loans taken (and subsequent interest payments) were for the stadium, and the PL determined that a good portion were for normal business operations?

If that's the case then the vast majority of our interest payments going away would be enormous even before you get into the additional revenue from BMD.

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

The one component I've always been confused by in regards to FFP is interest. I was under the impression that investment (including interest) in a new stadium was allowed to be deducted from calculated losses. Was the issue we ran into that we claimed all of our loans taken (and subsequent interest payments) were for the stadium, and the PL determined that a good portion were for normal business operations?

If that's the case then the vast majority of our interest payments going away would be enormous even before you get into the additional revenue from BMD.

Your not the only one confused, as informed people in the financail business couldn't agree on it. Like most things in life, I think the devil is in the detail, with it being a case of being how you report it and show something in your accounts.

Given it is blearingly obviouse that the club IS bona fida funding a brand new build you would think the PL would give us some benefit of the doubt on what appear some erronouse grey area accountancy arguement based on if it you can or can't count some interest payments against a stadium. It must be an arguable 'grey' area, otherwise it would have been simply sorted at the time.

Read the room a bit PL and simply apply some common sense - rather than simply hound one particular member. You have already had a Ib of flesh from this club, flexed your muscles and demonstrated to other clubs that PSR will not be ignored. You currently have bigger fish to fry!!!