IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

"Textor is planning to use his money and that of several unknown partners to fund the Everton purchase before absorbing the club into Eagle Football."

Unknown partners? I don't like the sound of that.

"John Textor is considering giving Everton fans the chance to buy shares in the club if he succeeds in his £600m bid to take control from Farhad Moshiri.
The American businessman is preparing to float on the New York Stock Exchange his holding company Eagle Football Group which owns Lyon, Botafogo in Brazil and the Belgian club RWD Molenbeek and has a 45% stake in Crystal Palace.
Sources close to Textor said Everton could be taken public at a later date.

Textor is understood to be confident that an agreement with Moshiri over buying Everton can be reached within four weeks after he was granted exclusive negotiating rights last month.
The 58-year-old has yet to sell his Palace stake, however, so approval from the Premier League could take far longer to secure.

Textor is planning to use his money and that of several unknown partners to fund the Everton purchase before absorbing the club into Eagle Football.
Everton could then be listed on the stock exchange, which would require approval from the club’s board.
Although a public flotation is rare for Premier League clubs, Manchester United and Tottenham are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Arsenal shares are available to buy on the ISDX market.

The Eagle Football initial public offering is due this month, with Textor seeking about £400m in funding. Lyon have debts of £325m, which Textor refinanced last year.

A source with knowledge of the process said Textor had been preparing to float for some time and that the addition of a Premier League club to the group would make Eagle shares far more attractive to potential investors.

Textor’s bid for Everton is complicated by the boardroom standoff at Palace because he has been unable to offload his shares despite marketing through the Raine Group since February.
Negotiations with his fellow shareholders Josh Harris and David Blitzer have yet to produce an agreement and Textor’s offer to buy them out last month was also rejected.

Textor is the fifth bidder to enter into an exclusivity agreement with Moshiri after the Kaminski Group, MSP Capital, 777 Partners and the Friedkin Group, with the previous proposals collapsing.
Textor has agreed to cover Everton’s £600m-plus debts and to pay Moshiri an exit fee that could reach £50m over the next five years, depending on the club’s football and financial performance."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/sep/10/everton-fans-shares-john-textor-takeover

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Quite liked the sound of this 

"The idea they need somebody to loan to them in order to survive is nonsense but there is a stadium that needs to be completed and so we're looking forward to funding the completion of that.

"But you've got to be ready for the next transfer window as this is an opportunity to leap forward up the table and my challenge is make sure I get in early enough to deal with that."

3 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Yup. I chucked an offer of a tenner, an old toffee crisp wrapper and a 2p piece with fluff I found under the sofa.

If some of you guys are willing to throw in the boxes of old match programmes I think we're there!

Sounds like a deal. Although I'm sad that the Toffee Crisp wrapper, Lord of all chocolate bars, is empty. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’s said he’s got offers. 

Give how candid Textor is being (when he has no obligation to say a single word), I haven't got any reason to doubt him when he says he is down the two buyer of his Palace share and even still possibility of his existing partners buying him out. 

Would he really be wasting his time and the exclusivty period he has with Moshiri, it wheels are to well and truly in motion in selling his Palace shares. 

He should like a straight talker to me.

Not bought the club yet, but is already talking about strengthening the squad in the next transfer window, and even mentions challenging for titles in the future as opposed to just being a 'best of rest' type of team. Ok, these are just words, but it refreshing to hear potential owner talking up his ambitions for this club. Historically, we are a top 4, honours challenging club, and with a new state of the art stadium in touching distance - there should be no reason why a good owner can steer us back in this direction. 

I so suprise to hear him just come out and talk about being 90% confident, deal should be done by end of November, next transfer window in his sights, already wondering if Dyche is up for the challenge of working with better players playing better football.

Been trying to ignore all the media takeover chatter, but when the buyer himself openly discusses the progress of the deal it can't be ignored. He seems a bloke that rolles up his sleeves and gets things done.  

Optomistic again

8 hours ago, Matt said:

Watched the SSN interview and he sounds exactly like Farhad did. I'm not convinced.

This one 

I tend to agree. For people with immense wealth there's a fine line between honesty and pure narcissism. 

If he's talking now to force Farhad's hand it's pretty brilliant. If he's talking now because he's finally getting a glimpse of majority ownership and can't contain himself we could be in trouble. History shows it's probably the latter.

That said I'm convinced the Sesame Street puppets could run this club better than Farhad so I'll take any living human at this point.