IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

9 hours ago, patto said:

According to the esk Textor will not be our new owner. 

Did he say that? I thought he just commented that if he is our owner it will be challenging because he also has very complex financial situation (how is debt is structured not the palace shares). It's in the article I posted her a few days ago. 

3 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Did he say that? I thought he just commented that if he is our owner it will be challenging because he also has very complex financial situation (how is debt is structured not the palace shares). It's in the article I posted her a few days ago. 

He did say that…..he said Textor will not be a good owner and he will not be our new owner. 

Just one normal day, that's all I ask!

Also, HLTCO on Twitter has hardly filled me with confidence with his views of Textor. He's a Palace fan and thinks it would be disastrous for the club if he ever had a majority due to his finances (or lack of them).

It sounds very much like things aren't going to improve a whole lot if a takeover does happen with him, other than being rid of Moshiri.

I hope I'm wrong.

24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Also, HLTCO on Twitter has hardly filled me with confidence with his views of Textor. He's a Palace fan and thinks it would be disastrous for the club if he ever had a majority due to his finances (or lack of them).

It sounds very much like things aren't going to improve a whole lot if a takeover does happen with him, other than being rid of Moshiri.

I hope I'm wrong.

I like HLTCO - obviously a massive Palace fan but has a pretty broad knowledge of other teams and seems to have a soft spot for EFC.

25 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope I'm wrong.

The initial info seemed positive but then so did the initial info about Moshiri, 777... I'm starting to get Moshiri 2.0 vibes and its not comfortable.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He can certainly talk the talk and I’d love to see him try to walk the walk. 
I can understand stand some of the apprehension surrounding him or any other potential buyers, but we need change because without change we will never improve with more chance of getting worse than better in the future. 
I love Everton like all of you do, and I’d love for someone else to come in and give my dreams for this beautiful club a chance to come true, stand up for John Textor and his family in the hope he joins our family and we live happily ever after 😀

It makes sense that he would try to make a final move for Palace. 

He's not an Evertonian, he wants to control a Premier League club, he's involved in one already. Try to buy the rest of that before moving on.

He will leverage debt if he buys the club, so do most billionaires. He just needs to come in and run the club sensibly and all will be a massive improvement. 

One of the main advantages of Tex taking over Everton is that he has been involved in running a premier league club already, and by all accounts the club has been run well. Something that cannot be said of Moshiri.

I like the model of being part of a group of clubs being owned for the benefits that brings.

I just want good ownership for our club.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

"In the past, Mr Textor has spoken about his belief that public ownership of football teams provides fans with greater transparency about the running of their clubs."

That is encouraging 

“Hello Evertonians, Mr Textor here, just a quick note to let you all know I’m selling the stadium.

Come you blues!”

On 23/08/2024 at 12:27, StevO said:

It makes sense that he would try to make a final move for Palace. 

He's not an Evertonian, he wants to control a Premier League club, he's involved in one already. Try to buy the rest of that before moving on.

He will leverage debt if he buys the club, so do most billionaires. He just needs to come in and run the club sensibly and all will be a massive improvement. 

It was expected that he would not gain full ownership of Palace. I believe it was a formal step to justify his plans. He wouldn’t be eyeing Everton if the Palace buyout was possible. Obviously this would be the easier decision given that he already owns 45%. However if he had to choose between owning Palace and Everton, he would choose Everton any day. It’s simply a better asset than Crystal Palace.