IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I stopped after I completed the corporate bingo, took about 30s. 

yeah, I used to work for an America company and we where spoon feed the same sort of corporate clap trap. They have a few glossy videos about the place. What is interesting when you cut through the gloss is almost the odd diversity of the business - automotive retailing, high end holiday experiences, film/TV production, stunt flying, golf clubs and experiences and now european football clubs. Their family have done very well in some quite diverse feilds. They seen to generate good business out of things they appear to have a passion about - so hoping its the same mindset they bring to owning Everton FC. 

I do think they will be good owners, especially given what we have been used to. I think there will be a lot more dynamic, it's definately going to be interesting. 

10 hours ago, patto said:

Does any of it matter as long as he sorts Everton out and makes us a top team. 

No it doesn’t matter, so no real need to put it on here it never told us anything of worth about how he will be as an owner for us and what success he will bring, for me it was more an advertisement vehicle to show how they are a good company to work for in a very biased way, just marketing mate. 

Going forward, it has been suggested that Roma will now stop three things when it comes to transfers; stop loan players from coming in, as well as players over 30 and those on high wages,

And perhaps it is a hint to how Friedkin will approach transfers at Everton. He will want to bring the Toffees success but in a sustainable manner. In fairness, it’s similar to the current policy Everton have practised given their recent financial issues.

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/everton/everton-takeover-dan-friedkin-makes-three-new-demands-that-provides-transfer-plans-hint-4671275

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

The article title mentions "3 new demands" but the article doesn't mention them...am I going blind! 

The three demands were transfer demands for Roma, not any demands for Moshiri / Everton. They were to stop bringing in players on loan, stop buying players over 30, and stop buying players on high wages.

Those three things are easier said than done, but trying to stick to those principles as much as you can is the right approach to building a squad that can sustain success.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Still gonna be a few weeks at least mate. 

Weeks is fine. I don't want that inevitable cloud of the fans getting ancy because it's not done by end of August.

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

Weeks is fine. I don't want that inevitable cloud of the fans getting ancy because it's not done by end of August.

We know it’s supposed to be a 12 week process from being granted exclusivity but it’ll probably be quicker than that. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We know it’s supposed to be a 12 week process from being granted exclusivity but it’ll probably be quicker than that. 

I agree, think this will be sorted before start of the season.

For those with access, decent article from The Atheltic on our prospective new owner/takeover

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5570035/2024/06/21/everton-takeover-dan-friedkin-moshiri/?source=user_shared_article

"Friedkin will have to establish a positive working relationship with Everton’s numerous influential creditors, including 777 and, perhaps most notably, Rights and Media Funding (RMF). The opaque Cheshire-based group has a change of control clause as part of the security on their loans and vetoed MSP’s own investment proposal last summer"

"How wealthy will this make Everton?

Tough question to answer, as rich owners do not necessarily make a club rich. Not immediately, anyway, as Aston Villa and Newcastle fans are discovering.

Perhaps a better way of thinking about this is that Everton are moving from the critical ward of a badly-stretched hospital to a private room in a much posher establishment. And they are starting to look much better.

Being better than Moshiri is a pretty low bar, as his tenure in charge will go down in the annals of English football history as one of the most financially incontinent. Hundreds of millions wasted for a best league finish of seventh, in Moshiri’s first season, and three straight relegation scraps more recently.

There is the new stadium, though. It is frightening to think what shape Everton would be in right now without it"

9 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This has Jared Kushner written all over it 🥴

Don't worry, it's the same as in formula 1 Lance Stroll at Aston Martin. Daddy's money is there, others run the show so  impact is minimal.