IGNORED

Real Betis

Matt

Still think we need to spend some dough to freshen up the squad. I'd really like a Victor Moses type and a tough tacking beast in midfield. Got to say Cedric looked mint today

Apparently Kenwright confirmed in the lounge after the game that no more players would be coming in.

Take it with a pinch of salt obviously. And pray it's not true.

Don't believe that for a minute. If that's the case Kenwright should hang his head and never step foot in Goodison again. £6.5 spent? That's a joke. Look at Norwich, Cardiff. We need another two players at the minimum

Apparently Kenwright confirmed in the lounge after the game that no more players would be coming in.

Take it with a pinch of salt obviously. And pray it's not true.

Would also mean that we wont sell anyone.

Strange how we were promised that we had funds to spend and then only spent 6-7 mil.

Don't believe that for a minute. If that's the case Kenwright should hang his head and never step foot in Goodison again. £6.5 spent? That's a joke. Look at Norwich, Cardiff. We need another two players at the minimum

Cant compare us to other clubs, they are not in the same financial strain as Everton.

Where we? I just thought it was some fans that thought we'd have money to spend this summer. I thought it'd be the same as it always is though, tbh.

Watch the RM press conference again. The one when he was presented as a manager. BK clearly stated that RM would get some money to spend. I was also given the impression that it wasnt just a few bob.

Id like to see both Barkley and Stones starting. Stones in the back 5, Barkley and Felli (or Gibbo if he's sold) in midfield with pienaar and mirallas crossing to Jelavic or Kone.

Gibson to be sold?! He won't be going anywhere

Watch the RM press conference again. The one when he was presented as a manager. BK clearly stated that RM would get some money to spend. I was also given the impression that it wasnt just a few bob.

we have spent closer to 10m this window, that's more than a few quid that was eluded to.

I think we will see 1 more decent signing, and if no one leaves, and Baines gets a new contract, that's not going all things considered...

We must not forget that we played against a good side today - one that finished 7th in LaLiga last season -

Man United lost 3-1 against Seville recently - they finished 9th in LaLiga last season -

fortunately there are no Spanish sides in the PL -

we have beaten a good side outplaying us in the type of game we are learning to pay -

that, although it was not pretty ,gives me hope for our upcoming season -

we need to strengthen our def midfield to give better protection to the backs and to assist in playing the ball from the back to our forwards - Osman and Gibson are both struggling in that role

Well that was fucking awful. That's probably the worst first-half I've ever seen from Everton. We were unable to get out of our own final third without resorting to hoofing the ball aimlessly up front, we were unable to pick out simple 5 yard passes and did absolutely nothing up front to warrant a goal. When it came Jelavic took his chance well but other than that chance we had nothing to work with.

Leon Osman was piss poor, I don't think he actually got a pass to the feet of a man once in the entire game. Even in the second-half when we were marginally better he still looked like a League One player. Tim Howard for me was our stand out player, in the first-half our defence might as-well have been a bowl of mashed potato as Betis were able to get through us that easily. Without Howard having a top game we would surely have been 3-0 down within the first 20 minutes.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I actually like us passing out from the back. In the first-half it should have cost us a few goals but in the second we actually started to use it well. There was a bit I can remember when they fluffed a shot, Distin controlled the ball on the by-line, passed to Baines who played a one-two with Gibson inside our own box and then went up the field to set-up a chance. If we can master the 'back-passing' then I think it's going to be a real asset to our game.

All in all, a disappointing game but at least we won. If we can play like shit and keep a clean-sheet (for 89 minutes) then that surely that means that when we play well we will win well. Hopefully by the Norwich game we will have shaken off the kinks and started to gain some momentum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXQrUY4AwcY&feature=youtube_gdata

All goals in HD above.

Edited by Zoo

Well that was fucking awful. That's probably the worst first-half I've ever seen from Everton. We were unable to get out of our own final third without resorting to hoofing the ball aimlessly up front, we were unable to pick out simple 5 yard passes and did absolutely nothing up front to warrant a goal. When it came Jelavic took his chance well but other than that chance we had nothing to work with.

Betis were defending in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 or whatever you'd like to call it as well, with both of our centre backs and full backs pressured by 4 four players halfway our own half or even higher. So we should always have had an open man in midfield (unless they risked playing 1 on 1 at the back and had one of the centre backs press on into midfield, which is possible as the camera angle didn't always allow to see all 22 players, but that's not a risk many coaches make), but we certainly never found him. I suspect Barkley was too high up the pitch most of the time, almost playing as a second striker.

At the moment a lot of our troubles are still down too poor intelligence from the players. They're not positioning themselves as they should or they're choosing the wrong option when more than one pass is on (which should be the case all the time when the positioning is good).

I thought Barkley today put in 100% effort but just had a shite game. I'm not going to bash him because he seemed to be out to prove a point but he was just as disappointing as the rest. I agree with you on the intelligence point though, the number of times that our players picked the wrong pass was infuriating.

We can't have spent £10m so that would be embarrassing.

You know what the club are like. I highly doubt that Martinez would stop spending now, surely he wants to put his own stamp on the club that runs beyond just signing the players he knew from Wigan. If there has been a sudden block on transfers I'll say it's come from the club itself.

definitely some tired players on the pitch today - we have played much better pre-season, so I am not to worried. Martinez's new style isn't going to all fall in place overnight, its going to take a few months of competitive games to really start to see this come together. If he could get it all nailed over just half a dozen pre-season games, then he would truly be a world class manager.

If we progress with this style of play and finish in a similar position to what we did last season, that has to be considered a good season

That man is a complete tit and needs to back to corrie. Before anyone starts with the hole 'we would be in a far worse position now if it weren't for him' get ya fuckin head out if his arse and realise that he was born a theatrical prick. He will rinse us for every last fake tear in his box whilst watching an epic win while having one teary eye in the nearest camera. He's a fake and also an heartless wench to throw RM to the wolf's with the hole champions league quote.... I see he didn't give any indication at as to how much he would have to spend... Someone please get him a ticket for the park end and leave him there, cause he's a fan not a businessman. Rant over!

I'd rather have BK than a complete buffoon like Leeds United had, Portsmouth had and Coventry City have at the moment. I'm a BK supporter - why? Because we're in the top half of the league every year and are run by a man that loves the club. Sure, he has a lot of flaws in his management but at least he's not rinsing us dry (in terms of selling all our best players for personal gain) and isn't turning the club into League Two cannon fodder.

If Baines and Fellaini go it's not because BK wants £20 million in he's pocket it's because they themselves want to jump ship. Just look at Anzhi, the chairman is sick of the club and is selling all their players so that he can get some of his money back. What we have is a chairman who loves the club and therefore wouldn't do that. If players leave Everton Football Club it's because either they themselves or the manager wanted it. Not once has BK sold a player for personal gain.

Wise words mr 1878.... I just feel that there are a lot if gullible evertonians out there when it comes to BK. On one hand you hear people pissed off that Everton being a push over, rolling over for every club, not seeking any true ambition. Then on the other hand backing this cock to the hilt with any old shit he chats, just cause he says he us a true blue and names players by there nicknames... The guys a fake. All am saying is everyone plays safe and says they would prefer this than portsmouth... I do too, but also take into consideration that any investor will be a major risk.. this is called CHANGE, something evertonians are scared off. Why we have him in charge you can kiss a new investor goodbye.

Edited by Brett Angel

Playing safe?! We've been challenging for Europe for the whole time Moyes was in charge (bar one season) what more do you expect from us? The League title?! BK is doing a great job at Everton, it's just a shame that there are deluded fans out there that are determined to go against the club in everything and anything.

To be honest I'm happy to play safe, it's called stability. Portsmouth didn't play safe and look where they are - thank fuck you're not running our club is all I can say!

I obviously havnt got the heart that good old BK has got for running it... If we start slowely this season lets see if supporters are to blame the manager who has been given 5mil for a striker and no backing as far as I can see. Or the teary chairman who you don't see any quotes from when we struggle... This amazing relationship between him and moyesy was that good that when I heard every phone in wanting moyeses head at one point I never seen fat head come out and back him once, yet moyes never ever put him out to dry about lack of finances.... The mans a class act all the way, the way he perceives supporters.