IGNORED

Paul Scharner

My faith in Martinez has taken one step forward and two steps back. What the fuck was he thinking offering him a 3 year deal?

Martinez never became appointed manager till June, Scharner was referring to May. Load of nonsense.

Martinez never became appointed manager till June, Scharner was referring to May. Load of nonsense.

Agree,

There is nothing in this story - Martinez hadn't even been spoken to at this time.

And talk about a way to screw up any interview for a new managers job "... and I would like to sign Scharner on a three year contract..." He would have been laughed out of Goodison Park. Never mind Everton making any sort of offer, before appointing a new manager.

Is this from some Liverpool or Wigan fan trying to have a bit of fun I wonder.

He says he was offered a 3-year contract in May as well, there's no way Moyes has offered him a 3-year-deal when he wouldn't do the same for a trusted player in Distin and Martinez wasn't even appointed until early June. He's an attention whore. He was gonna earn double what he earns now for another 3 years, but he turned it down? Yeah, right!

This is just Scharner trying to get some column inches - can't imagine this was even a thought from anyone at the club.

Yeh exactly. What a load of shite!

• 1 month later...