IGNORED

Will George Green play first team this year? Is he as good as I have heard?

Riscon

Scored an equaliser after ninety three and a half minutes on his Tranmere debut, sounds a decent one as well!

"Goal! Tranmere Rovers 1, AFC Wimbledon 1. George Green (Tranmere Rovers) right footed shot from outside the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Max Power."

Scored an equaliser after ninety three and a half minutes on his Tranmere debut, sounds a decent one as well!

"Goal! Tranmere Rovers 1, AFC Wimbledon 1. George Green (Tranmere Rovers) right footed shot from outside the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Max Power."

I wonder what he did 45 seconds later to earn a yellow.

I've asked and been told it was a great finish - about 20 yards out.

It was stupid but I can understand it - first senior appearance and he scores a very important goal right at the end of the game.

I just don't get how taking you shirt off is in any way celebratory; I've had some great moments in my life but never felt the need to whip my kit off. It's a relatively recent thing, don't know who started it, and people are just copying.

I just don't get how taking you shirt off is in any way celebratory; I've had some great moments in my life but never felt the need to whip my kit off. It's a relatively recent thing, don't know who started it, and people are just copying.

You've also probsbly never had a figure like a professional footballer :P

Just read the match report in the Echo, sounds like he had a blinder

"However, deep into injury time, Tranmere struck with a special, special goal that earned the congratulations of the visiting manager.

The ball feel to Green, who, 25-yards from goal, and with his mind focused solely on one thing, smashed a curling and unstoppable shot into the top corner.

It crowned a remarkable debut and it is goals like this that can shift the momentum after a poor run of form, and help a club turn their season around."

Loving the fact that he won the free kick and then, at a stage in the game where 99.9% of the time a cross would've been put in, he took responsibility and had a go. Shows signs of a bit of greed/arrogance like Mark's mate said but if he can back it up why not?

Nineteen now so surely must be near the first team soon; be good to see him get some chances pre-season.