IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

I'm convinced Koeman let him go on loan as he had an idea this was coming and he didn't want him settling into the team only to disrupt it again when Barca took him back.

I'd like that to be true it's a nice thought, I personally think his work rate is massively hampered by his lack of fitness (he seems almost asthmatic) not a Koeman type player imo sadly

I'm convinced Koeman let him go on loan as he had an idea this was coming and he didn't want him settling into the team only to disrupt it again when Barca took him back.

I'd like that to be true it's a nice thought, I personally think his work rate is massively hampered by his lack of fitness (he seems almost asthmatic) not a Koeman type player imo sadly

i think both of you are right, he doesn't fit his tactics and he knew barca wanted him back, lose lose hence the loan out. i'm not worried about it, he's got one move, the race to the byline with stepovers and then a cross.

i think both of you are right, he doesn't fit his tactics and he knew barca wanted him back, lose lose hence the loan out. i'm not worried about it, he's got one move, the race to the byline with stepovers and then a cross.

I'm the same. I think playing in what I class as a poor league and getting mediocre stats backs it up.

My biggest surprise is that Barca want him back? Don't get it.

I was hoping to see him back here and see if he has learnt anything.

I'm the same. I think playing in what I class as a poor league and getting mediocre stats backs it up.

Because they know they will get more than £10m they have to pay this summer, next summer.

They want him back because (i) he's a very good player and (ii) his style fits perfectly with Barcelona's style. He'll become a big name, and I wish him every success.

They want him back because (i) he's a very good player and (ii) his style fits perfectly with Barcelona's style. He'll become a big name, and I wish him every success.

I hope he does well too. I honestly do.

I just think he is making a huge career mistake.

Barca have always been a high pressing team to me. I don't think Gerry fits that at all.

Rom couldn't play 60 mins when we signed him, players need time to ramp up to the leagues pace. Really hope he stays.

Rom was further ahead physically than Gerry. Gerry has had 2 seasons here and a season at Milan and still is always knackered after 60 minutes.

Don't get me wrong he has the potential to be a great player, very skillful, I love watching him play, but he will never be the high energy, high tempo, aggressive player Koeman wants. Best he goes and best of luck to him, I really enjoyed having a player of his skill on the pitch at Goodison.

Rom was further ahead physically than Gerry. Gerry has had 2 seasons here and a season at Milan and still is always knackered after 60 minutes.

Don't get me wrong he has the potential to be a great player, very skillful, I love watching him play, but he will never be the high energy, high tempo, aggressive player Koeman wants. Best he goes and best of luck to him, I really enjoyed having a player of his skill on the pitch at Goodison.

rom spent his entire first season out on the field for two reasons; he got goals, but most relevant he needed game time. Geri hasn't had it and I think to get the best from him, he needs the same faith and run out

rom spent his entire first season out on the field for two reasons; he got goals, but most relevant he needed game time. Geri hasn't had it and I think to get the best from him, he needs the same faith and run out

Have to agree to disagree, I think he has had enough time, he just does not have the stamina or consistency.

Maybe in time he would get it, but you cant afford passengers when challenging for the top positions.

Have to agree to disagree, I think he has had enough time, he just does not have the stamina or consistency.

Maybe in time he would get it, but you cant afford passengers when challenging for the top positions.

hes never played 15+ games in a row. People dismiss consistency of playing too easily. No one improves without extended game time. No one.

hes never played 15+ games in a row. People dismiss consistency of playing too easily. No one improves without extended game time. No one.

he's not good enough to get 15 in a row, also he's be injured before the 15 was up. he will be playing for Las Palmas in 3 years, vault me. Barca flop 1 year, loan/sale flop year 2, sold to lower liga side year 3.

Edited by markjazzbassist

he's not good enough to get 15 in a row, also he's be injured before the 15 was up. he will be playing for Las Palmas in 3 years, vault me. Barca flop 1 year, loan/sale flop year 2, sold to lower liga side year 3.

brutal.

Not fit enough isn't the same as not good enough.

Profiting 4 or 5 million from him isn't enough. He's worth more to the team than that.

Nothing we could do about that though with us agreeing the release fee. Supposedly, we'll get a percentage of any sell-on fee now. Geri's long term future was never here in reality with the clause in his contract.