IGNORED

Phil Neville

Afternoon all,

Newbie and Brighton and Hove Albion fan here.

I'm after your opinions / thoughts on the rumour that Phil Neville could be lined up to be our new manager. Obviously, we've got to sort out the current nonsense involving Gus Poyet first.

Just in case you've not seen the article in the Telegraph, I've posted the link

Cheers

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brighton-hove-albion/10092661/Phil-Neville-in-line-to-replace-Gus-Poyet-at-Brighton.html

PS. Commiserations on losing Moyes to ManUre. Good man is DM

Hello and welcome to TT

I think Neville has it in him to be a top manager one day no doubt about it. Never the greatest player, but a brilliant captain and leader of men, and by all accounts a keen student of the game. If he can work along side an experienced assistant then i don't see why he wouldn't be a good choice for Brighton imo. He's also finishing his UEFA A license at the moment over the summer break, so i guess by next season start he should have that.

welcome mate. always had a soft spot for BHA!

I personally want him to stay at Everton and take the assistant manager position, to help keep some order in the dressing room since our background staff seems to be following Moyes. Think he will be a cracking manager at some point but (without meaning to be disrespectful) hes not ready for the Everton job yet, whereas BHA would be a great starting point and benefit both parties.

Tony Adams, Bryan Robson, Mark Hughes, Paul Ince, John Barnes, Roy Keane, Steve Bruce, Kevin Ratcliffe

Anyone notice a common theme? Top quality players who were renowned for their leadership skills and professionalism who never really cut it as managers. Why are people so sure that Phil would be good? I think he needs to cut his teeth at league One to start with.

It is hard to say really. Neville is a great leader and great motivator but whether he will be a good manager is another question. If I am honest I reckon it is going to be another plan of SAF to get him at United and get him trained up. SAF will take him under his wing and he will be the next united manager in decades to comes ;-)

I doubt that Neville will reach the lofty heights that people expect him to, just last week he told the press that he'd been asking Moyes for advice on how to punish players and opinion on curfews - he's played under him since 2005 so he should know by now. It's one thing to be an England U21 coach and quite another to be a first team manager.

I doubt that Neville will reach the lofty heights that people expect him to, just last week he told the press that he'd been asking Moyes for advice on how to punish players and opinion on curfews - he's played under him since 2005 so he should know by now. It's one thing to be an England U21 coach and quite another to be a first team manager.

we dont know how Moyes will have gone about it. Davie may have been discrete rather than making an example of people so he wont have seen how to conduct himself in that situation. Even if he has seen it, nothing wrong with asking for more input...