IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

It’s not a silly question. Why should they ignore it? It’s not their fault they are in that situation. They didn’t ask them idiots to start shouting abuse at them. So why just accept it and walk away?

Put yourself in the shoes of the idiots who were shouting. Do you think they would accept someone scream at them like that or do you think they would react?

The players did well to stay calm, Maupay included. 

Let’s be honest Maupay doesn’t give a fk about anyone at Everton fans included he will be gone the weekend if he’s not he will have to start to earn a place in the team but I think he’s gone. 

16 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Maupay blowing a kiss didn’t help matters but what happened certainly was not his fault, the players were already being verbally abused before he did it, and it doesn’t make it any less disgraceful

Going to be a very important week next week and I just hope Dyche doesn’t even contemplate throwing the Doncaster game on Tuesday night

If we get beat against Doncaster Dyche could be gone by the weekend we all need a win tomorrow to take into the Bournemouth game. 

13 minutes ago, patto said:

Let’s be honest Maupay doesn’t give a fk about anyone at Everton fans included he will be gone the weekend if he’s not he will have to start to earn a place in the team but I think he’s gone. 

What’s that got to do with this?

No one is debating he doesn’t care about Everton or if he’ll play. 

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Maupay blowing a kiss didn’t help matters but what happened certainly was not his fault, the players were already being verbally abused before he did it, and it doesn’t make it any less disgraceful

Going to be a very important week next week and I just hope Dyche doesn’t even contemplate throwing the Doncaster game on Tuesday night

I watched it back and most were there to film of high players etc.  one was saying something to Pickford as if to say "we know you care Jordan but what's going on?"

To me it was a perfect storm - Maupay  being part of a squad on the back of two hammerings walking on to first class smiling his head off after his antics last season is a joke. 

He should not be around the squad! Many fans said it after his tweet after the Brighton game. 

The fact a player more famous for trolling than playing football is actually there laughing at fans and still piping up on social media is what this club has become.

Does anyone think a player would get away with that at Liverpool? Absolutely no chance. He would be blanked by players - the likes of vvd would tell the manager to keep them away - the manager wouldn't need telling. 

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

It’s not a silly question. Why should they ignore it? It’s not their fault they are in that situation. They didn’t ask them idiots to start shouting abuse at them. So why just accept it and walk away?

Put yourself in the shoes of the idiots who were shouting. Do you think they would accept someone scream at them like that or do you think they would react?

The players did well to stay calm, Maupay included. 

Maupay did well? Are you actually being serious. 

He's been laughing at our club since getting loaned out last season.  

There was a few fans venting which is to be expected - 7 goals in 2 games with absolutely no sign of a fight. Pickford gave a look as if to say "yeah it's crap" - Maupay fixed his eyes on the lads and started smiling at them - when he got the response he wanted he blew a kiss and then it proper kicked off.

i hope dyche sees that for what it is and fines the idiot. Maupay knowing full well that he played a stupid game on social media thinking he was out of the club should have kept his head down and walked - no he had to goad didn't he. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

What’s that got to do with this?

No one is debating he doesn’t care about Everton or if he’ll play. 

It’s about Maupay winding the fans up

so you want the team to reply to the fans immediately in this situation and make it ten times worse if that was the case it could even escalate to another level. 

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Maupay did well? Are you actually being serious. 

He's been laughing at our club since getting loaned out last season.  

There was a few fans venting which is to be expected - 7 goals in 2 games with absolutely no sign of a fight. Pickford gave a look as if to say "yeah it's crap" - Maupay fixed his eyes on the lads and started smiling at them - when he got the response he wanted he blew a kiss and then it proper kicked off.

i hope dyche sees that for what it is and fines the idiot. Maupay knowing full well that he played a stupid game on social media thinking he was out of the club should have kept his head down and walked - no he had to goad didn't he. 

Yeah, Maupay did well. I don’t think you would have stayed calm if you were in that situation. I know I wouldn’t. Anyone who can keep their cool in that situation has done well in my opinion. 

We may all think differently about this, and that’s fine, but for me if you kick off like that you should expect a smack in the face from the recipient. 

Let's just remind ourselves.....

our club was languishing near the bottom with points deductions due to PSR expenditure (ironically some of it being on his fee and wages) - we had gone months without win.  Looking to secure a hard earned 3 points to stop the rot and dunk equalises in the 95th minute.......

"my skipper" - was Maupays tweet.  

maybe I'm being a bit sensitive here but his time at Everton should have been done there and then. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

Yeah, Maupay did well. I don’t think you would have stayed calm if you were in that situation. I know I wouldn’t. Anyone who can keep their cool in that situation has done well in my opinion. 

We may all think differently about this, and that’s fine, but for me if you kick off like that you should expect a smack in the face from the recipient. 

Well let's get things in order first shall we....

i wouldn't take delight in celebrating an ex teammate scoring against my struggling current employers on Twitter just cos I thought I would be staying at Brentford. 

if I was such an idiot and found myself back at the club I would apologise and get my head down.

what did Maupay do?  Smiled at angry fans who travelled 100s of miles to watch us get battered - then blew a kiss.

you ok with him doing all that Steve? 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

i wouldn't take delight in celebrating an ex teammate scoring against my struggling current employers on Twitter just cos I thought I would be staying at Brentford. 

if I was such an idiot and found myself back at the club I would apologise and get my head down.

what did Maupay do?  Smiled at angry fans who travelled 100s of miles to watch us get battered - then blew a kiss.

Neither are acceptable. That simple. 

I can only see one and possibly hear one more being abusive, it’s in no way acceptable but it will happen with every team, as for Maupay he should be nowhere near the 1st team squad, but we’re trying to sell him and get the best price, stick him with the under 21’s and his price drops lower than a snakes belly.

7 minutes ago, patto said:

Sometimes as players you have to bite the bullet and get on with it 

They're still humans. He should have bit his tongue but at the same time he should not have to. No abuse, no trolling. No trolling, no abuse. It really is that simple. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Let’s get things straight. There are abusers and victims. And people are somehow trying to blame the victims for the abuse they received. 

Imagine actively going to the train that the players are boarding so that you can shout abuse at them. The Alan Brazil lookalike especially should be ashamed of himself, utter helmet.

I've said before that I love Everton, but there are a massive part of the Evertonian fanbase that I absolutely despise. No wonder every other club laughs as us when you've got embarrassing, weird shit like this going on - it just makes me think that this is the Everton that these clowns deserve.

20 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Imagine actively going to the train that the players are boarding so that you can shout abuse at them. The Alan Brazil lookalike especially should be ashamed of himself, utter helmet.

I've said before that I love Everton, but there are a massive part of the Evertonian fanbase that I absolutely despise. No wonder every other club laughs as us when you've got embarrassing, weird shit like this going on - it just makes me think that this is the Everton that these clowns deserve.

These clowns are part of the problem, I'm convinced of it. It's the only constant in the past 30 years of misery. We've changed owners, managers, squad and backroom staff yet there's still that air of stagnation. We're only talking about a small minority but it only takes a few cells to infect a host and bring things down from the inside. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Let's just remind ourselves.....

our club was languishing near the bottom with points deductions due to PSR expenditure (ironically some of it being on his fee and wages) - we had gone months without win.  Looking to secure a hard earned 3 points to stop the rot and dunk equalises in the 95th minute.......

"my skipper" - was Maupays tweet.  

maybe I'm being a bit sensitive here but his time at Everton should have been done there and then. 

He was at BHA for a long time and helped get them promoted if I remember correctly. He has an affiliation with them that he never made nor had the chance to make with us.

That said it was an incredibly stupid timing, absolutely tone deaf and short sighted. I remember actually facepalming reading it because I was so lost for words, especially when Ive been a fan of his.

Personally if I was the club I'd be suspending his pay or fining him for inappropriate behaviour online or some other bullshit excuse to at least have the money.

Id also make him wear headphones like the others do to drown out those handful of fuckwits and avoid all this drama or arrange something with the station in advance. We all know this handful of idiots will always find a reason to hurl abuse, just plan around it. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Neither are acceptable. That simple. 

Of course they are not - no one is saying that it is but the one footballer who had absolutely no right to be offended or to actually smile and goad the fans was Maupay. 

Dyche should have banished him after his tweet - it was a disgrace and an insult to the fans. The fact he was there was like petrol a fire - his reaction and smile/kiss was pure stupidity. 

46 minutes ago, StevO said:

Let’s get things straight. There are abusers and victims. And people are somehow trying to blame the victims for the abuse they received. 

Abusers and victims? - he got called a rat by a pissed up fan.  I'm pretty sure he uses worse words on the pitch when conducting his profession of trolling. 

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

He was at BHA for a long time and helped get them promoted if I remember correctly. He has an affiliation with them that he never made nor had the chance to make with us.

That said it was an incredibly stupid timing, absolutely tone deaf and short sighted. I remember actually facepalming reading it because I was so lost for words, especially when Ive been a fan of his.

Personally if I was the club I'd be suspending his pay or fining him for inappropriate behaviour online or some other bullshit excuse to at least have the money.

Id also make him wear headphones like the others do to drown out those handful of fuckwits and avoid all this drama or arrange something with the station in advance. We all know this handful of idiots will always find a reason to hurl abuse, just plan around it. 

I don't give a shit if he wears Brighton pyjamas to bed and goes to watch them - absolutely disgusting thing to do.

Tone deaf and short sighted??? You think he meant nothing by it?  The lad is a notorious idiot who gets his kicks by trying to piss people off.

He is an idiot and everything he does is about getting attention to wind people up. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don't give a shit if he wears Brighton pyjamas to bed and goes to watch them - absolutely disgusting thing to do.

Tone deaf and short sighted??? You think he meant nothing by it?  The lad is a notorious idiot who gets his kicks by trying to piss people off.

He is an idiot and everything he does is about getting attention to wind people up. 

Tone deaf - lack of perception in matters of public sentiment, opinion, or taste.

Short sighted - having a lack of foresight or planning. 

It means he's too fucking stupid to think further than the moment in front of him 

Im agreeing with you, not sure why you're getting irrate. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Tone deaf - lack of perception in matters of public sentiment, opinion, or taste.

Short sighted - having a lack of foresight or planning. 

It means he's too fucking stupid to think further than the moment in front of him 

Im agreeing with you, not sure why you're getting irrate. 

Far too balanced - I want outrage! 

Can we focus on the real problem? That is the abuse of another human being. Such behavior is never acceptable.

Sadly, it's all to easy to get sucked up in other discussions, especially when we have strong feelings about certain players, but that is not the fundamental problem. Abuse of players, or of anyone else for that matter, is never acceptable. Full stop.