IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

2 hours ago, patto said:

One thing about Moyes he bought well in the transfer market and never got many wrong 

Because he was in charge. Our transfer business has been dramatically worse since we hired supposed experts in their fields to do the job.

21 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If Moyes had the money to get someone like Lukaku in that 2012/13 side we would definitely have won silverware , been all downhill since he left

Well Martinez's first season was a joy to watch too but otherwise completely agree. 

The big difference with Moyes, and why his transfers were so good, was his longevity. His scouting team were together for so long, they kept detailed lists of players they intended to but years in advance. They even had a wall with how the team would look in each of the coming five seasons (players didn’t have access to this room).

Long term planning, and one man totally in control of the decision, makes a huge difference. 

Not a great look.... I think a few of them wanted to let players know they were cheesed off and one was trying to speak to Pickford . Maupay being Maupay smiled and blew a kiss at them. Sorry but he's a prick and when his team mates see that will be livid.

yeah we have hothead fans / hotheads who paid a few hundred quid to go to London to watch that. Maupay escalated that 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not a great look.... I think a few of them wanted to let players know they were cheesed off and one was trying to speak to Pickford . Maupay being Maupay smiled and blew a kiss at them. Sorry but he's a prick and when his team mates see that will be livid.

yeah we have hothead fans / hotheads who paid a few hundred quid to go to London to watch that. Maupay escalated that 

Yeah that’s bad I’ve never seen it that bad but it’s also bad organisation by Everton

but them fans should be ashamed of themselves those are the same bastards that boo them at Goodison at halftime when we still have time to pull things back. 

1 hour ago, patto said:

Yeah that’s bad I’ve never seen it that bad but it’s also bad organisation by Everton

but them fans should be ashamed of themselves those are the same bastards that boo them at Goodison at halftime when we still have time to pull things back. 

Like I've said elsewhere - when things are bad you see the worst in people.  Dyche will be looking at this and thinking "not good... not good at all"

that little blert Maupay celebrated Brighton stopping us getting 3 points and is being heavily rewarded to not play for us - decided to smile and make a kissing gesture?!  These fans are gonna lose their minds and he knows it.

he's since sent a tweet having a go at fans for giving the players grief for trying their hardest..... this is someone who has tried to goad our fans telling them he works hard. He actually picked up his phone to have another pop?

lets see Maupay go to lazio and try that

looks awful and yeah it's embarrassing but at the same time these players and the manager need to wake up. The fans are at wits end with the club. 

33 minutes ago, c1982 said:

This shouldn’t be underestimated - especially with younger lads.

Yeah players these days like to not suffer a bit of stick for half arsed efforts - if may make a few players who fancy the odd easy game decide not to play for us.  Oh well. 

doesn't stop players signing for Real Madrid etc

Out of curiosity Haf, what should Maupay do?

Just stand there and let them shout at him and do nothing? Should he shout back? What is he supposed to do when being shouted at by dickheads?

The lad is getting abused at fans who are unhappy with a team getting battered. He hasn’t played a minute of those games.  

At least he reacted with a bit of humour rather than aggression. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

Out of curiosity Haf, what should Maupay do?

Just stand there and let them shout at him and do nothing? Should he shout back? What is he supposed to do when being shouted at by dickheads?

The lad is getting abused at fans who are unhappy with a team getting battered. He hasn’t played a minute of those games.  

At least he reacted with a bit of humour rather than aggression. 

It’s not humour it’s wind up making the situation worse 

Just now, StevO said:

Ok, same question to you then. What’s he supposed to do?

Is he supposed to just stand there and take the abuse?

Just do what most of them done walk by and ignore the fume. 
now if I’m Dyche I take Maupay out the squad and tell him to stay at home having him in the squad now can’t benefit anybody taking to social media about the fans is bad he’s making things worse. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

So they should just take abuse and do nothing. Would anyone else be happy to have abuse shouted at them like that when walking through a train station? 
Would you want your own kids to accept that?

Silly question….my own kids wouldn’t be in that situation and if they were I’d say just ignore it and keep your head down. 
so you have never been in a situation where you have to ignore something to save the situation getting worse. 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Maupay blowing a kiss didn’t help matters but what happened certainly was not his fault, the players were already being verbally abused before he did it, and it doesn’t make it any less disgraceful

Going to be a very important week next week and I just hope Dyche doesn’t even contemplate throwing the Doncaster game on Tuesday night

3 minutes ago, patto said:

Silly question….my own kids wouldn’t be in that situation and if they were I’d say just ignore it and keep your head down. 
so you have never been in a situation where you have to ignore something to save the situation getting worse. 

It’s not a silly question. Why should they ignore it? It’s not their fault they are in that situation. They didn’t ask them idiots to start shouting abuse at them. So why just accept it and walk away?

Put yourself in the shoes of the idiots who were shouting. Do you think they would accept someone scream at them like that or do you think they would react?

The players did well to stay calm, Maupay included.