IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

West Ham are hoping that we get a points deduction to help their shit season, they've even said that even if we don't get a points deduction they want the threat of a points deduction to get into the heads of the management and players. What them cunts need to do is to try staying up on their own merit instead of looking at others misfortunes as their best chance of beating relegation. I understand it's a dog eat dog world but to make them feelings known just shows what classless wankers they are. 

Where have they said this?

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Where have they said this?

I saw it when I was reading a about the FFP rules regarding us, there was a link to a WHU site where there was an article on what it means for them about us getting checked for breaking FFP rules. It seemed like an official site and statement. 

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

The shame shower of shite who run Goodison News. 
Just an opinion piece anyway and nothing at all from West Ham in there @Palfy don’t worry. Even West Ham wouldn’t be stupid enough to officially comment on another clubs issues like that. 

edit; different shower of click bait scumbags to Goodison news. Clickbait scumbags nonetheless. 

12 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

The only legitimate explanation from the PL would be if what Everton told them last March turned out to be inconsistent with actual published accounts March 2023. A possibility with our shower of a board!! 

I agree, if we have been open and transparent then there shouldn't be to much to worry about. I think we differ from Man City in that they have allegedly not been open and transparent. I am guessing if Man City are being scrutinizes for financial wrong doings, then needs to be shown that Everton are also being scrutinizes. That way Man City can't belly ache that there is a witch hunt just at them because they are now winning load of things.

I think the murky couple of years of COVID and how that unprecedently fucked up most companies finances will be a major argument at our disposal.

Its another worry us fan could well do with out though. 

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It was a great goal, but how could Spurs allow him so much space?

They couldn’t stop him! The way he ran through midfield like there was no one near him….. ye I see your point, there wasn’t….. but that’s not the point!

I was just stunned. Turned around looking at everyone in a completely shocked silence haha!

• 2 weeks later...

It’s taken nearly 2 years to come to the conclusion he has nothing to answer for, in that time it’s clearly had a hugely negative impact on his life and career. Would he be able to claim compensation for his losses not just financial but personal losses due to the ridiculous amount of time it’s taken to absolve him from any wrongdoing. 

Perhaps @London Blue can provide some perspective.

I find it staggering that the case was open so long and he was never charged. I am not say that I think he should've been charged - I actually don't/can't have an informed opinion because I don't know the inner workings of the case - I just find it incredible that they keep the case open for so long without bringing charges. Surely they could've known earlier that the evidence didn't meet their thresholds.

He has had his life irrevocably impacted and I just think the police could've made a determination one way or the other sooner.

Case being closed doesn't mean that he didn't do it, just that the evidence wasn't strong enough for the CPS to convict. 

That isn't me saying he wasn't completely innocent but unless information comes to light we will never know. 

If he was innocent then whoever made the allegations has ruined the final years of his career and his reputation.