IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

All three are clearly influenced by their time at Forrest and Brian Clough, not a bad record to try and emulate. 

Woan and Stone played at the fag end of Clough's career there, Stone made thirteen starts under him in three seasons which included a relegation; Woan little more. Dyche never started a game for them.

Forest's (just the one "r") glory years under Clough were a decade and more earlier when all three were in short pants; to me there's no connection, they'd barely have known the man.

And as he was a vastly diminished shodow of the man he'd been by the nineties I hope they learned nothing from him, he was a just platitude shouting caricature of his former self who Forest didn't sack sooner simply because of his history.

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Absolutely, I was talking about the influence Brian Clough had on them as per Palfy's comment.

Woan in his own words refers to their time under Clough and the lessons they learned from him, that doesn't have to be what they achieved with him in playing terms, Woan seems to highlight the lessons they learned from him in a managerial capacity that they still implement today. So my point being let's hope those lessons bring about the success Clough had as a manager. 

On 11/02/2023 at 21:05, MikeO said:

Woan and Stone played at the fag end of Clough's career there, Stone made thirteen starts under him in three seasons which included a relegation; Woan little more. Dyche never started a game for them.

Forest's (just the one "r") glory years under Clough were a decade and more earlier when all three were in short pants; to me there's no connection, they'd barely have known the man.

And as he was a vastly diminished shodow of the man he'd been by the nineties I hope they learned nothing from him, he was a just platitude shouting caricature of his former self who Forest didn't sack sooner simply because of his history.

He was of his time and definitely was well past his sell by date during Dyche etc's time at the club.  

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd say it's entirely to do with seeing what a shit show the club has become and jumping ship.

Was he on the hook for getting him to sign the papers? 

speaking of shit shows forest want to register a defender! They omitted him but 2 I June Aj they want to appeal….. no way! 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-looking-premier-league-26256816