IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don’t think any American thinks our English is better, you lot are way more proper and stuffy so you say it all correctly.  

Watched too many Hollywood movies with stereotypical Englishmen methinks. Accents and colloquialisms can change in fifty miles over here, so much variance.

29 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Tbf, I imagine our worst are worse than your worst. 

But how do you define "worst"? All are evolutions; scouse, redneck, geordie or even Cornish (no understanding them:otvwhistle:).

A great smörgåsbord, linguistics fascinate me.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Watched too many Hollywood movies with stereotypical Englishmen methinks. Accents and colloquialisms can change in fifty miles over here, so much variance.

50!? You get different Scouse in the North and South of Liverpool. Then Lancashire on the outskirts which ranges from full wool to scouse, not including the weird mix in Runcorn. Posh Scouse in Cheshire, scally/want-a-be Scouse in Birkenhead, the other accent cunts have in Cheshire/the Wirral were they've purposely tried to dilute the Scouse. Then North Welsh, plus the hybrid the locals actually speak when people aren't around in North Wales. Think that's less than 20 miles. Tbf I'd even go as far as district to district. 

Watching these matches, there a few things I have to admit.

Gray looks to have great fast feet. And after thinking he had no end product, he has set up numerous chances and attacking opportunities.

Townsend is a proper winger, good old fashioned winger. He actually has pace to.

Gbamin can be a monster, but really needs to get his pace up. Not just running, but speed of thought on the ball.

Iwobi has looked good! Seems faster, more direct, and has such a good turn on him.

Kenny is like a cheap version of Hibbert. 

Gordon is showing promise again. Is this because he is concentrating on attacking more?

Broadhead can be a good option on the bench. Decent pace, tricky, and strong. 

27 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

She looks very happy to be wearing it, had you forced her to? :lol: 

Cant believe it’s been a year, that’s mad. 

No chance I ever forced her to do anything, I'd have been sleeping on the sofa if I tried:unsure:. Really don't remember why she was wearing it, she was an Arsenal fan primarily (because her dad was) but she did come over to the Blue side once she saw how invested Josh became.

32 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I love the salmon and navy combo, have the NEC stripe shirt. Hope your mates at TT are keeping you going and thoughts to you and family at this time.

Rhanks Gwlad.

Have that shirt as well, I've told the story before but I'll do it again; I was living in Somerset with my parents in 1994 after leaving my flat/job in London with heath problems. There was a shop in Wells that had the shirt (Tony Pryce sports) for a crazy high price considering it was the end of the season but I promised myself I'd buy it if we were relegated, to show loyalty, even though I had only about £50 to my name. We won and I thought, "fuck it" and jumped into my parent's car (didn't have my own, jeez turning into a right sob story😂) and got to the shop just before it closed. Great decision!

On 27/07/2021 at 20:24, pete0 said:

50!? You get different Scouse in the North and South of Liverpool. Then Lancashire on the outskirts which ranges from full wool to scouse, not including the weird mix in Runcorn. Posh Scouse in Cheshire, scally/want-a-be Scouse in Birkenhead, the other accent cunts have in Cheshire/the Wirral were they've purposely tried to dilute the Scouse. Then North Welsh, plus the hybrid the locals actually speak when people aren't around in North Wales. Think that's less than 20 miles. Tbf I'd even go as far as district to district. 

I lived in north Wales for six years, and locals could tell from which village a speaker came - literally four or five miles apart.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Season ticket email from Everton 🙂 

Got all excited, only to find…. Unfortunately this time you are not successful 🙁

Got the same today first time they’ve done that in the last 4-5 years, we won’t be getting a season ticket anytime soon mate, well until the new stadium opens. 

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Got the same today first time they’ve done that in the last 4-5 years, we won’t be getting a season ticket anytime soon mate, well until the new stadium opens. 

Yeah that's about right, really not expecting to get one (two) before the move but hopefully being on the list for a while puts us in a good place for BMD.....assuming we're still alive:unsure: