IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Bit more about the deal here

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=3753/title=everton+sign+partnership+with+eztrader

They certainly don't sound like scammers

"EZTrader is fully regulated and authorised to operate throughout Europe. As a leading binary options platform, the organisation is a pioneer of regulated, safe and fair online trading.

EZTrader offers 24/7 trading on more than 120 assets, including commodities, stocks, currency pairs and indexes. The organisation boasts one of the most secure, reliable and user-friendly trading platforms, providing customers with a huge selection of trading options"

Not sure where to post this. My brother who lives in Middlesbrough was walking through the town when he was stopped by two guys, one with a camera and one with a mic. They asked my brother if they could ask him some questions about Middlesbrough Football Club. My brother said 'I'm an Everton supporter'. The camera man said 'So am I'. They get everywhere these Everton supporters. :rofl:

I wasn't sure to post something like this so I thought this thread was safest:

I'm an American who came around to Everton fairly recently. Like a lot of Americans though, I've loved soccer for years--supporting our national team since they qualified for the World Cup in 1992 after 50 years out of the competition. But I didn't have an EPL team until recently and I picked Everton.

All that said, I fucking love Everton. I'm new at loving Everton, but I love Everton. I know we are having a tough season but I'll never support another EPL team. I picked my team. I love my team and I'm not changing. This message board is awesome and part of the reason I want to support Everton always.

COYB!

I wasn't sure to post something like this so I thought this thread was safest:

I'm an American who came around to Everton fairly recently. Like a lot of Americans though, I've loved soccer for years--supporting our national team since they qualified for the World Cup in 1992 after 50 years out of the competition. But I didn't have an EPL team until recently and I picked Everton.

All that said, I fucking love Everton. I'm new at loving Everton, but I love Everton. I know we are having a tough season but I'll never support another EPL team. I picked my team. I love my team and I'm not changing. This message board is awesome and part of the reason I want to support Everton always.

COYB!

Hic hic :lol:

Hi, Arsenal fan here hoping for some help. I'm buying a retro shirt for a mate of mine who's an everton fan and wanted to get him a graeme sharp one from 86/87, but can't find his usual number anywhere. Obviously before squad numbers but wondered what he usually wore, appreciate any help as friend knows a lot about everton and so would realise straight away but can't ask him without spoiling it.

This is quite a decent video...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152725834296452&comment_id=10152773912061452

....but I don't get the, "It was actually the Australian cricket team that started Everton football club.....to keep them fit so they could play cricket in the Summer"

New one on me, and why would the Australian cricket team spend their winters on Merseyside?

Have I missed something in my education?

This is quite a decent video...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152725834296452&comment_id=10152773912061452

....but I don't get the, "It was actually the Australian cricket team that started Everton football club.....to keep them fit so they could play cricket in the Summer"

New one on me, and why would the Australian cricket team spend their winters on Merseyside?

Have I missed something in my education?

I remember seeing that clip and thinking I'd never heard that one before!

I remember seeing that clip and thinking I'd never heard that one before!

Also, looking at the history of The Ashes, the first two series were played in Australia in 1876/77 and 1878/79; so even more reason for them not to be in England in 1878. Took weeks by sea back then, they couldn't exactly jump on plane and be here the next day. But two of the guys in the vid obviously believe it to be true; can anyone shed any light....or has someone wound them up?

Also, looking at the history of The Ashes, the first two series were played in Australia in 1876/77 and 1878/79; so even more reason for them not to be in England in 1878. Took weeks by sea back then, they couldn't exactly jump on plane and be here the next day. But two of the guys in the vid obviously believe it to be true; can anyone shed any light....or has someone wound them up?

There must have been a red scum in the research/production team!!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-quiz-can-you-8912686

Its probably a bit too easy if you were watching us then but worth a go

Not easy at all! Particularly as I moved away from London in '93 and didn't see a single game live for the rest of the decade, a lot of fringe players too. Got ten; pretty shameful really.

Extra homework needed.

Interesting listen but three blokes agreeing with each other and offering little in terms of how things can change; so not much of a debate. Also saying that people don't complain enough when you just need to look on here (other Everton forums are available apparently) to see that they do.

Like they said, two clubs who've spent mega amounts fighting for fourth place, how do we compete? Sell our soul? Have we had the chance to do that? Do we want success at that price? Does moaning make you a better Evertonian than those keeping the faith?

Poses lots of questions for sure and passionate guys obviously and kudos to them for taking it into the public domain, but I didn't see anything on there that I've not seen on TT for years.

Edit: "Who's to Blame" is a daft title because they never address it.