IGNORED

All or nothing.

All or nothing? Bollocks! Will continue to survive well into the future mate, that's all I'm interested in really. The future of this club relies on us not doing a Leeds or Pompey. There in lies the warning to any club that over reaches itself, which is why I would like us to pay off the debt even if it means finishing mid table or just below. Mark my words that Sky will pull out of the premier league if there is more money to be made out of eg the Bundesleague or La Liga etc If you don't think I'm joking just look at Serie A and the crowds and spending power, advertising etc..... don't forget they were the premier league of all domestic leagues in the 80's and early 90's.

We'll still continue to challenge and get good results whether Fellaini or whoever stays or goes, and after Moyes has gone. I don't think we can finish in a champions league place this year, most likely will be a UEFA place above all else, and can we win the FA cup ? There's as good a chance as any this year, but no-one can say what will happen. Still everything to play for.

If we lose to Oldham Athletic next rounds, if we miss out on a place in Europe altogether, if Fellaini goes, or any other star assets we possess, including Moyes himself this summer, Everton Football Club will still continue. They'll be no soccer Armageddon at Goodison Park.

All or Nothing.

As an Everton fan, this season has been very enjoyable. The usual first half of the season doom and gloom hasn’t been there, Everton fans don’t usually go into the New Year looking at the league table and being happy with their position. But this year, we’re sitting in 5th. 3 points off that elusive champions league spot. This is the year we must get it, it’s all or nothing in my eyes.

I would love to win the FA cup, we’ve only won one trophy in my lifetime and I was 2, so it doesn’t count. So obviously, seeing us win silverware would be unbelievable, especially after the heartbreak of losing to ‘them’ in the semi-final last year. Do I think we can achieve both, winning a trophy and finishing 4th? Probably not. Can we achieve at least one? Definitely!

Some of you may ask why this season, why is now all or nothing? Well, here’s my take.

David Moyes’ contract runs out this summer, the man is an undoubted football genius and I’ll argue with anyone that he one of the best managers in the world. He’s had 10 years in the Everton job, and celebrated his 500th game with a win Saturday. He may have not won a trophy in his time at Everton but the things he’s done, he’s a genius. He deserves the opportunity to work amongst Europe’s elite, and I would love it to be with Everton. He’s already said that he would like to manage in Germany and he’s been linked with Schalke 04. If the opportunity arose to work in Germany, and particularly in the champions league, he’d be foolish not to take it. Especially, if Everton don’t get champions league football this season, it will be even harder next season because I think we would lose our two best players in Maroaune Fellaini, and Leighton Baines.

BBni0TmCUAAH6K9.jpg

If Everton are going to have a successful season, they're going to rely on Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini. Everton have the ability to mix it up, they can get the ball down and play football or they can go direct. When they go direct, Fellaini is the target. His control is exquisite, particularly from a long ball, he can bring the ball down on his chest better than anyone and his link up play is wonderful. When The Blues choose to get the ball on the deck and pass, a lot of their chances come through Baines, sounds strange for a left back to be a teams most creative player but thats the case and it shows how influential Baines is to the Everton cause. His relationship with Steven Pienaar down the left side is arguably one of the best in the league.

If Everton don't qualify for the champions league, they'd struggle to keep hold of the likes of Fellaini and Baines. This summer The Toffees had to fight off the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea, and they'd struggle to do it again without the attraction of playing amongst Europe's elite. After all, Fellaini and Baines are top class footballers. I believe Baines to be the best left back in the world, he should be playing the champions league and hopefully he will do that with Everton. The reality is, without Champions League football, it would be incredibly difficult to keep them, especially if David Moyes departed for Germany.

Today, Everton announced the had agreed a deal to sign Dutchman, Leroy Fer from FC Twente for a reported fee of about 8.5 million pounds. That shows Everton's intent, it sends a message to other clubs of look, we're out to get this fourth spot. If they can add just that one more signing, probably a striker. I would make them favourites if they keep their best players fit.

I think there has been much to be frustrated with this season, after seeing how 'we can' play, and then watching our side run out of inspiration and determination, with lack lustre displays which allowed the Manchester teams to become out of reach. Injuries aside, the application from players has not been good enough.

Had it not been for the fact that other teams have also been poor, it would have been business as usual regarding us chasing for 'best of the rest'. Yes, we started off well, but we haven't kept it going.

I'm hoping for a return of European football at the end of the season. It doesn't need to be Champions league, but it would be nice.

As for Moyes, he is the epitome of everything I like about the club, but I think he belongs here, and not in Germany, nor elsewhere. I think he can do with Everton what he can do with Chelsea or United, but he needs to grasp the opportunities before him and make the players believe.

I get tired of people talking only of Baines or Fellaini.

We are so much bigger than those 2 players. We are a 'team' and we have many great players, who together, make a great team. Those 2 players are popular with the press, but we would still be a team, with, or without them, and we would still be knocking on the door of the top four.

Moyes is the only signature that I care about, and the worst thing Chelsea could do is give Moyes spending money. I also think Moyes knows the pitfalls of taking a job like Chelsea, and would stay clear. There are only 2 clubs in this league that have respected their managers long term, and only one of those 2 would be a long term home for Davey if it came around, but hopefully he will stay here, as he is so close to achieving something bigger than he could achieve at a club with money, and that is having the pleasure to plant the seeds and watch 'his' team grow, and become successful, as opposed to buying the league ready made.

It's not all or nothing, but we need to start taking our chances.

The old Moyes debate rears it's head again.

Listen Davey has done a tremendous job but to call a manager who has never won 1, not 1 trophy and has only even been to 1 final in 10.5 years one of the greatest in the world is pure and utter nonesense.

Now i'm not bashing Moyes as he has done well given certain financial restraints and has always turned a trump card when after selling a key player always seems to find a replacement at least as good or a couple of players that have strengthened the squad. So he is definitely astute in the transfer market.

He and his staff are also good at progressing and getting the best out of players no qualms about that. Then we get to matchday and all his good work unravels as he continually plays players out of position so to accomadate favourites. His defensive minded tactics that he has deployed for the majority of his tenureship are at times mind numbingly dull.

Even this season when we have at least started well and played some eyecatching football, there have been games that we have looked like 2 different sides in 2 halves. On top of that we only seem to play well against the 'bigger' sides.

In short it's never all or nothing Everton have been around(and in the top flight) for a long time, we suffered greatly when we were handed a european ban and it has taken us a long time to recover. We will carry on regardless/

Listen Davey has done a tremendous job but to call a manager who has never won 1, not 1 trophy and has only even been to 1 final in 10.5 years one of the greatest in the world is pure and utter nonesense.

I don't really care about the fact that he's never won a trophy with us. He's got us from fighting relegation each year to challenging for Europe and that's good enough IMO. We could easily be in a similar situation to the likes of Aston Villa or Newcastle United but we are not because of the stability we have within the management. I'd love a trophy just as much as the next person but I'd rather have a stable position in the top flight than going all for nothing like Portsmouth and Leeds United did and fall from grace.

I don't really care about the fact that he's never won a trophy with us. He's got us from fighting relegation each year to challenging for Europe and that's good enough IMO. We could easily be in a similar situation to the likes of Aston Villa or Newcastle United but we are not because of the stability we have within the management. I'd love a trophy just as much as the next person but I'd rather have a stable position in the top flight than going all for nothing like Portsmouth and Leeds United did and fall from grace.

I understand that and I wasn't really dissing his record I was merely stating that his record doesn't constitute him being called one of the best in the world. It doesn't not even close but I'm thankful to the fcat he has stabilised us.