IGNORED

First visit soon. from Dublin.

Patrick

Hi.

Thank you for reading this. My Family are planning to visit your grounds within the next few weeks, it is a wish of my wife's youngest sister who is not too well.

To be honest with you I know nothing whatsoever about football, but this is a very important event for my wife's sister and our families. We seem to have a very short time to do this.

What I would like is some hints, tips or advice from the Fans that would make this trip as smooth as possible. I don't know what sort of tips I am even looking for, it could be 'where to park' or what to bring to the ground.

Thank you for your replies.

I have been to Liverpool before I have only good things to say about it and it's people and apart from the circumstances we now find ourselves, our families and I look very forward look forward to seeing your city and people again.

Cheers

I'm only 19, so I've no idea about booking etc... but as for what to bring all you need is yourself and your ticket. You can get food and drink around and inside the ground and can buy merchandise from the store just across the road. As for where to park there are many places to leave the car, I don't know the specific locations but I think you'll be paying in the area of £5-£10 (we pay £5) on a leisure centre about a half mile from the ground, most of the members here are season ticket holders so they'll tell you exactly where you can go.

Hope you enjoy it :).

Just take one of the buses (19/20/21) from stands 9 and 10 on Queen Square, they stop right outside the ground, probably easier than going by car. Have you bought your tickets already?

He's probably going to have his car if he's coming from Dublin, so I'd say stick with that rather than all of you messing round with public services.

Really tough to reply to such questions with purely practical answers when it's obviously such an important trip.

I'm not a local so not going to be of much help.....just hope it's a good time and your sister in law enjoys herself....and maybe you go away with a little bit of Evertonian in yousmile.png .

Just take one of the buses (19/20/21) from stands 9 and 10 on Queen Square, they stop right outside the ground, probably easier than going by car. Have you bought your tickets already?

Thank you on the info about the Bus. I think someone in the group is chasing a trail for tickets. This all arises from a family meeting only this morning and we are trying to do everything we can before the bad day happens, you have been a great help. Cheers.

I'm only 19, so I've no idea about booking etc... but as for what to bring all you need is yourself and your ticket. You can get food and drink around and inside the ground and can buy merchandise from the store just across the road. As for where to park there are many places to leave the car, I don't know the specific locations but I think you'll be paying in the area of £5-£10 (we pay £5) on a leisure centre about a half mile from the ground, most of the members here are season ticket holders so they'll tell you exactly where you can go.

Hope you enjoy it smile.png.

Thank you very much for your help, cheers

Really tough to reply to such questions with purely practical answers when it's obviously such an important trip.

I'm not a local so not going to be of much help.....just hope it's a good time and your sister in law enjoys herself....and maybe you go away with a little bit of Evertonian in yousmile.png .

She already has that before she goes over to the game i'm the one who hasn't a breeze. your reply is great enough, Cheers Edited by Patrick

As for the ground itself the Gwladys (behind one of the goals) is where you can usually find the best atmosphere and my favourite stand personally. Park End, behind the other goal, is ok for atmosphere and you have a good view, as it's a new stand with no pillars in the way.

Upper Bullens is supposed to have the best view although I have never sat there myself. Just avoid restricted views and you should be fine really.

As for the ground itself the Gwladys (behind one of the goals) is where you can usually find the best atmosphere and my favourite stand personally. Park End, behind the other goal, is ok for atmosphere and you have a good view, as it's a new stand with no pillars in the way.

Upper Bullens is supposed to have the best view although I have never sat there myself. Just avoid restricted views and you should be fine really.

Your a Gent thanks for affording me your time and valuable advice.

I've sat in all the stands and IMO the Main Stand is the best, sitting behind the goal is shite if you ask me so its either the Bullins or Main, for me the Main is more comfortable and has more leg-room. (I'm unsure if the leg-room if just larger for the upper tier however so someone will have to back me up on that one).

Also possibly get to the ground a bit early, couple of hours ahead of kick off, and see the players arrive (in the car park behind the Park End). They drive in and invariably stop for photos/autographs with waiting fans....there are barriers but possibly if you explain your circumstances to the security people there then they'll give you a bit of preferential treatment....worth a trysmile.png .

If you look at my pics in the gallery you'll see how close you can get....got many autographs for my lad as well...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/gallery/album/4-mikes-pics/

I've sat in all the stands and IMO the Main Stand is the best, sitting behind the goal is shite if you ask me so its either the Bullins or Main, for me the Main is more comfortable and has more leg-room. (I'm unsure if the leg-room if just larger for the upper tier however so someone will have to back me up on that one).

Thank you very much for your help, cheers

I don't suppose you can play a bit ?

As a kid I got ran off, I thought I was supposed to just go on and run wild. My old man was a fanatic ran work teams, youth teams managed (from the side line) until he was in his mid 70s, sorry he was a reds man, I did not follow his lead. thanks for your reply to my post.

I hope this will be of some assistance to the author

Sorry about the Illness also.

Can only hope you enjoy the experience and it met with your expectations.

http://www.footballg...de.com/everton/

Fair Play Mate. all have been great on here, you have real good people/fans there. I know it is a late reply to your post, but, it is great when you meet good people and I met them here. Cheers.