IGNORED

Nabil Ghilas

They have been poor in the league yes but they've knocked Sporting out of the Portuguese cup and were very unlucky yesterday not to win against Benfica in the league cup - Benfica equalised thanks to a nonexistent penalty in the last minute (sadly in Portugal corrupt referees always come in Benfica's and Porto's rescue when they're in trouble).

There's not really that big a difference between all those clubs at the bottom of the league anyway. Ghilas is obviously talented despite their league position. He got Moreirense promoted almost single handedly last season and he's scored half of their league goals this season.

Besides, the Portuguese league is not that bad. Académica who are second from bottom in the league table beat Atlético Madrid in the EL this season.

I'm probably biased but I never understood why English clubs pay so much attention to the Dutch or Belgian leagues when the Portuguese league has better talent from what I've seen, and much cheaper as well. Perhaps because of the similar style of fast paced, direct football in those leagues? Anyway Eastern European clubs have noticed it, you just need to look at APOEL last season and Cluj this season, whose squads include many players bought from the Portuguese league, many of them from the second tier even.

Edited by Fearthainn

I know he's Algerian/French but he looks distinctly like Benzema.

Anyway, found this, great finish by the lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pAitX9c8O0

Can't help but think he's the type of player who'd put on some serious pounds if he wasn't played often. Alla Beattie or VDM.

I agree, in fact he looks overweight as it is! Good goal though..

• 2 months later...