IGNORED

Which Premiership players would be sensible targets in January?

Avinalaff

Ryan Shawcross

Craig Bellamy (championship, but they're 1st)

Simon Mignolet

Can't think of a any more at the moment... I bet Ryan Bertrand is too expensive.

My god would I LOVE to add Shawcross. Big and physical center back who isn't afraid to take abuse. We saw that in our recent matchup where he frustrated Fellaini. Only problem (aside from potential cost) is that Man U has first refusal on a transfer for him. I don't know how they feel about adding him.

Anyone have thoughts on Stephen Ireland? He was pretty close to signing with Red Bull NY the past season but money issues got in the way. Pretty clear that at least one party is looking to move on and Aston Villa is in panic mode right now. To be honest though I haven't seen much of him so you guys would have a much better idea of how good he is.

Another guy who has impressed me is Adam Le Fondre. Reading seems destined for relegation and he's entering the prime years for a striker. Don't know if he wants to go back to championship football. I see him as a clear upgrade over Anichebe and especially Vellios.

Now that I think of it...

May definitely come:

• Ryan Shawcross
  • Simon Mignolet
  • Ryan Bertrand
  • Clint Dempsey (if good deal)
  • Kevin De Bruyne

Also:

• Ashley Williams
  • Craig Bellamy
  • Nathan Dyer
  • Oriol Romeu
  • Romelu Lukaku
  • Jolean Lescott
  • Stéphane Sessegnon
  • Kenwyne Joel Jones

Edited by Mirallas

I'd have McCarthy from Wigan and Westwood from Sunderland.

I wouldn't touch Shawcross with a 10ft bargepole with shit on the end. I've only ever seen him as a clogger, nowhere near being a good defender. It'd pain me to see him playing for us ahead of Duffy.

Duffy is very young as defenders go. I'm surprised he hasn't been loaned out for experience.

Stoke have both Shawcross and Cameron on suspensions today, and Southampton are taking full advantage.

I'd have Guidetti and Lescott from Manchester City. And in the summer, I'd see what it would take to get Rodwell or Richards from them, Huddlestone and Sigurdsson from Spurs, Benteke from Villa and Ramsey from Arsenal.

I also like Mulumbu from WBA, McCarthy and Maloney from Wigan.

Shawcross isn't even a possibility anyway if you really think about it. For one, he's either already signed that 6 year contract or is about to (I can't remember off the top of my head). And two, he'd be way out of our price range (thankfully, IMO).

Duffy may be young but I think he's already good enough. I'd like to see him play in our cup games and come on when we've got a game sown up (rare, I know :().

Duffy is very young as defenders go. I'm surprised he hasn't been loaned out for experience.

Stoke have both Shawcross and Cameron on suspensions today, and Southampton are taking full advantage.

I read today in one of the major British newspapers that Moyes claims he is looking to move a few of the youngers guys out on loan. I'd think that Duffy is one of the guys he is referring to. I think Duffy has not been loaned out because we need him for cover. What CB depth do we have after Heitinga, Jags, and Distin?

I read today in one of the major British newspapers that Moyes claims he is looking to move a few of the youngers guys out on loan. I'd think that Duffy is one of the guys he is referring to. I think Duffy has not been loaned out because we need him for cover. What CB depth do we have after Heitinga, Jags, and Distin?

Duffy and that's it. But Moyes has been known to play Hibbert or Neville at CB when we've been desperate.

3 cb's is enough. You can recall a loaned out player when necessary like Duffy was last year.

rofl.gif Had to chuckle at this one! Avin you are naughty, we ain't got a pot to piss in you know! Doubt that we could afford wages of a loan player without selling first. All though if Lewandowski is off to Utd then Hernandez might fit Bill here.................jump%20for%20joy.gif

YOOO HOOO Bill I think Jona has something to tell you. 67.gif

shaking fist.pngPREMIERSHIP shaking fist.png PLAYERS shaking fist.png

The logic behind keeping it Premiership is it stops the PS3 and FM kiddies from pulling the names of players nobody has heard of, and makes it a debate about 'Premiership' players we know. smile.png

You'll have to forgive Mirallas. I understand he is a Belgian fan and therefore his English is not very good. tongue.png

shaking%20fist.pngPREMIERSHIP shaking%20fist.png PLAYERS shaking%20fist.png

The logic behind keeping it Premiership is it stops the PS3 and FM kiddies from pulling the names of players nobody has heard of, and makes it a debate about 'Premiership' players we know. smile.png

You'll have to forgive Mirallas. I understand he is a Belgian fan and therefore his English is not very good. tongue.png

I like Belgian beer, and I enjoyed travelling through there. Nice place. (I have a horrible feeling my ancestors were Belgian well not horrible. Oh gawd I better stop digging)leggit.gif