Liverpool

Romey 1878

So, maybe:

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Coleman Osman Fellaini Oviedo

Mirallas

Jelavic

So two wingers who are, realistically, wing backs; no Neville; a creative, direct, but defensively responsible central midfield; Mirallas floating behind and playing off of Jelavic.

I would, personally, get a boner over this. True story.

I actually think Oviedo may get a start. Neville will 100% lead the team out - I don't see him playing many games beyond the January window though.

I reckon Neville should play at RB tomorrow, they rested Stirling the other night and the thought of Stirling against Coleman makes my stomach turn, there's a red card waiting to happen there imo, sure Neville will get skinned for pace but he is less likely to fly in than Coleman is, i really hope we win this game but we always seem to fold up against them.

i like your team Joe - with Anichebe and Naismith to inject pace in 2nd half - i would start with Naismith in place of Coleman though and swap Oviedo and Baines around - and bring Coleman on once we are in the lead - to strengthen defence - but i believe we should play a positive attacking game from the start - hurt them while they run off their stiffness from last night's game and then finish them off on the counter with speed in the 2nd half when their legs get tired

Moyes has highlighted that Luis Suarez dives ahead of the derby. It's taken up the whole back page of the Daily Mirror.

Liverpool fans had been whistling and booing when Suarez didn't get a decision going his way. I had thought that a decision is likely to go against us because of a dive, I think it's a clever ploy by Moyes to keep the pressure on the referees to keep a close eye on events.

Just watched the U-21 highlights and Hibbo got beat very easily for one of Arsenal's goals, don't think he's probably ready for the derby. Switching Neville to RB with Coleman in front of him though could provide enough defensive strength on the right.

A decent little read here:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/417?cc=5901

Hate derbies, they annoy me a lot more because in the past few seasons we've been much better than Liverpool and it's just that either the mental block we seem to have or a bad official decision thats stopped us from beating them. I think that the Anji game mid-week will do us good, I can remember when we beat them 1-0 a few years ago we did so because they had played in the Champions League mid-week (against Olympiacos I think).

I do believe we can do it but knowing us we'll give them too much respect and come away with nothing.

Thats not a bad shout about Oveido, but I would definitely be keeping Baines at LB. The only problem is that you would be bringing the lad in for only his 2nd or 3rd game in the derby. Not sure Im keen on that, although I dont know what type of 'derbies' he has faced for other clubs.

Sterling will be a massive test for any of our full backs and I wouldnt fancy either of Coleman or Neville up against him, but what would concern me more is that I wouldnt fancy Suarez up against Coleman because the latter is naive and Suarez is a diving bastard. Its a penalty waiting to happen. As long as Hibbo is fit, I would have him in.

My team in Moyes' formation would look like this:

Howard

Hibbert, Jags, Distin, Baines

Mirallas, Neville, Felli, Osman

Naismith, Jelavic.

A lot of experience in derbies (only Mirallas is the ones Im not sure about), plenty of potential rotation (Osman, Felli, Mirallas & Naismith), and while my views on Neville are fairly clear this is the type of match I would consider him for.

A lot of experience in derbies (only Mirallas is the ones Im not sure about), plenty of potential rotation (Osman, Felli, Mirallas & Naismith), and while my views on Neville are fairly clear this is the type of match I would consider him for.

He's got some experience in Greece, I've got a feeling he's going to run riot tomorrow :D.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/26/everton-kevin-mirallas-liverpool-derby?newsfeed=true

"Belgian peppered with Molotov cocktails in Athens derby"

Id rather have 11 fearless derby debutants than 11 seasoned derby players that looked like Everton did last season against Liverpool.

Granted, not always their fault. Dont know what DM was playing at the derby game before the cup game.

Im starting to worry that DM isnthe best coach for Everton against Liverpool. I dont think its about derby deputes such as Mirallas. Its about DM daring to let Everton play the great attacking football that we all know they are capable of.

I think Your right Av this could have a detrimental effect on how both clubs season's pan out from here forth...

Three points and this could carry us confidence wise for some time lose and I can see that lot putting a run together and creeping up the table.

I'm quietly confident about this one for a change but will massivley depend's on how Moyes sets us up and how the lads come out of the tunnel if we go for it from the off I think they will buckle..

3:2

Seen 3 or 4 of the scum running round with their jersey's on here in the city in Sydney. None seemed to have a clue what I was talking about when I said Jelavic will tear them a new one tonight.

"What's a Jelavic?"

rofl.gif

If Jelavic is going to do anything, he's going to need 80% better service than he got in the previous game against QPR.

Two red cards, a penalty, a fluke goal, Phil Neville pointing, Suarez diving.........hold on tight, only 4 hours to go!

I'm going for a 1-1, which is an improvement on last season.......but I have to say that with Gibson and Pienaar in the team, I would have forcast a win!

Hope Moyes chooses his best team on current form and not on past reputation - if the youngsters are the best, play them! - they have no baggage and are not scared - the young Western Province side yesterday won the Currie Cup, beating the much more fancied and experienced Sharks by playing with sheer guts and passion - showing no undue respect for reputation - GO Everton - play for pride and with passion - pacing yourselves while NEVER GIVING UP the chase for victiory !!!!!!!! You do not realize what that will mean for your coach and your supporters - nevermind yourself.

Don't think I've ever dreamt about a game before, this was the first!

We lost, 2-1. Ossie got a goal in the first half, Gerrard and Suarez in the second for them.

I agree with the comments of this could shape the rest of the season (at least till Christmas) for both teams. Fingers and toes are crossed!

Is that official? (line up)

Glad Hibbo and Felli are back. Hibbert is our best defensive option on the right. Would like to see Mirallas on right, Oviedo on left, Naismith behind Jella and Felli next to Osman but DM will never bench the captain.

Edited by Peter H

A great experiment would be:

Howard

Hibbert - Distin - Jagielka - Baines

Gibson

Osman - Mirallas - Fellaini - Pienaar

Jelavic

Reason? Liverpool seems to perform well against controlling teams (Chelsea, EFC) and less against very offensive ones (WBA, Man Utd, Arsenal) Maybe we just need to combine them dizzy and put high pressure. Show some guts and run into their box all the time, especially Jelly, Fella and Mirallas.

Onrealistic though, due to the injuries of some.