IGNORED

Nacer Chadli

let me use this opportunity to make an 11- man squad of english players taht Everton might be able to afford:

Attack:

G. Aglonbahor

Midfield:

A. Johnson

J. Cole

O. Hargreaves

J. Milner

M. Johnson

S. Parker

Defense:

S Hutchingson

K. Naughton

S. Caulker

Goalkeeper:

Ross Turnbull

It's going to have to be either that lot or similar or you import more Belgians.

He's certainly started the season well. In 6 Eredivisie games so far he's scored 3 goals, in 5 Europa League qualifiers he's scored 4 and assisted 5, and in 3 Europa League games he's scored 2 and assisted 1. Had an assist in Belgium's 0-3 win in Serbia on friday as well.

I thought he was the worst Belgian player on the field. He was a bit clueless and wasn't too much involved.

let me use this opportunity to make an 11- man squad of english players taht Everton might be able to afford:

Attack:

G. Aglonbahor

Midfield:

A. Johnson

J. Cole

O. Hargreaves

J. Milner

M. Johnson

S. Parker

Defense:

S Hutchingson

K. Naughton

S. Caulker

Goalkeeper:

Ross Turnbull

It's going to have to be either that lot or similar or you import more Belgians.

Don't talk such shite!

Attack:

G. Aglonbahor

Midfield:

A. Johnson

J. Cole

O. Hargreaves

J. Milner

M. Johnson

S. Parker

Defense:

S Hutchingson

K. Naughton

S. Caulker

Goalkeeper:

Ross Turnbull

Out of interest can you put your valuations beside each player please?!

Well you guys kept being so negative about Hargreaves' pay-as-you-play contract... I suggest you stop crying and take some action.

What has an aged unfit Hargreaves got to do with anything related to Belgian players, and since when did any forum opinion influence the transfer dealings of Everton FC?

As for your list, are you serious?

What has an aged unfit Hargreaves got to do with anything related to Belgian players, and since when did any forum opinion influence the transfer dealings of Everton FC?

As for your list, are you serious?

Well some of you were complaining about the thought of having Hargreaves, which I find a ridiculous reaction. So you would've done exactly the same as EFC anyway. Now look where that brought you. (midfield problem)

And my list is to put the Belgian immigration into perspective. There are almost no suitable English players available on this level. There is so much competition between the EPL clubs for them that they're always overpriced. My list is to show how ridiculous a focus on only English players would be.

Well some of you were complaining about the thought of having Hargreaves, which I find a ridiculous reaction. So you would've done exactly the same as EFC anyway. Now look where that brought you. (midfield problem)

And my list is to put the Belgian immigration into perspective. There are almost no suitable English players available on this level. There is so much competition between the EPL clubs for them that they're always overpriced. My list is to show how ridiculous a focus on only English players would be.

Hargreaves isn't fit enough to play hence why he hasn't got a club and isn't playing - in the meantime we've had hitzlesperger on trial to gain match fitness and trying to prove he's worth a contract. Had Hargreaves been fit enough then we probably would have pursued that option.

• 1 month later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-want-another-belgian-in-twente-1470577

Would be happy to get him, though he has proven to be a bit injury prone. There's isn't a lot of compilations of him on Youtube, but this clip kinda gives you an idea of the type of player he is:

Chadli on the left, Pienaar in the middle and Mirallas on the right would be awesome. Twente supposedly turned down £6,5m from Fulham in the summer though, then again I think his agent has made it clear that he really wants to move to England soon so perhaps they'll be more accomodating now.

http://www.mirror.co...-twente-1470577

Would be happy to get him, though he has proven to be a bit injury prone. There's isn't a lot of compilations of him on Youtube, but this clip kinda gives you an idea of the type of player he is:

Chadli on the left, Pienaar in the middle and Mirallas on the right would be awesome. Twente supposedly turned down £6,5m from Fulham in the summer though, then again I think his agent has made it clear that he really wants to move to England soon so perhaps they'll be more accomodating now.

I don't know, he's not exactly consistent.

I don't know, he's not exactly consistent.

Because of the injuries he has had. He has got the power to play in the Prem though. And the way other Belgians are doing in the PL makes me confident he'll be very good here. If Lukaku and Benteke can make an impact here, Chadli will too.

WOuldn't EFC be better off with the fighting mentality, speed and zeal of Dries Mertens rather than Nacer Chadli? Plus his scoring record is higher than Chadli. I got a feeling Dries would fit in better at EFC than Nacer.

Mertens is more of a light-weight though and really only dribbles inside. Of course, there's Baines to provide width, but still. I think Chadli is more versatile. Capable of playing in the middle as well and he at least tries to get to the byline and get a cross in with his left when he's playing on the left from time to time. Mertens will probably be more expensive as well. Of course, I'd love him as well if we could get him.

Edited by Steve_E

Mertens is more of a light-weight though and really only dribbles inside. Of course, there's Baines to provide width, but still. I think Chadli is more versatile. Capable of playing in the middle as well and he at least tries to get to the byline and get a cross in with his left when he's playing on the right from time to time. Mertens will probably be more expensive as well. Of course, I'd love him as well if we could get him.

Lightweight and short, but don't underextimate his physicality. He did break Cahill's jaw. He's never refraining from duels and constantly puts opponents under pressure.

Lightweight and short, but don't underextimate his physicality. He did break Cahill's jaw. He's never refraining from duels and constantly puts opponents under pressure.

He more or less pushed Cahill, at speed, into Joe Hart's shoulder/collar bone area. At the time I saw it as a pretty dirty move; not despicable, but certainly very "anything goes", I'm sure he couldn't have suspected the outcome being so extreme.

• 2 weeks later...

Chadli is the player of the week in Holland. Here's the recap of his game:

http://eredivisieliv...les-almelo.html

Having Chadli on the left and Mirallas on the right would be great. 2 powerfull excellent dribblers who can score a goal and give assists.

Sorry I'm still not convinced. I might see it wrong, but my impression of him is that he's rather wasteful in his playing.

I'm more and more convinced he'd be a star here (especially after seeing the game Benteke had against Liverpool). He's FC Twente's best player, I think he'll be good for us too. He also already scored two goals against a top English side in the Champions League. He scored 3 goals in that CL campaign (1 against Bremen, 2 against Spurs) and that was in his first season in the Dutch top flight so that tells you something about his ability to adapt to a higher level as well.

I'm more and more convinced he'd be a star here (especially after seeing the game Benteke had against Liverpool). He's FC Twente's best player, I think he'll be good for us too. He also already scored two goals against a top English side in the Champions League. He scored 3 goals in that CL campaign (1 against Bremen, 2 against Spurs) and that was in his first season in the Dutch top flight so that tells you something about his ability to adapt to a higher level as well.

Sorry I think Dries Mertens has the ability to make much more of a positive impact.

Im just wondering if Dark Wing Mirallas and all others are talking about the same player? Seems like a peach of a player.

What you get to see in the videos over the interwebs is all his good actions and goals. He's good with headers and very talented. But what you don't ge to see is all he wastes. Especially passes. He also has a cynical talent of not being able to keep balls in, when with a little bit of effort it shouldn't be a problem. All that is what I mean by being wasteful.

What you get to see in the videos over the interwebs is all his good actions and goals. He's good with headers and very talented. But what you don't ge to see is all he wastes. Especially passes. He also has a cynical talent of not being able to keep balls in, when with a little bit of effort it shouldn't be a problem. All that is what I mean by being wasteful.

Don't mind him.