IGNORED

John Stones

I think that's the exact reason he will thrive there.

but when leicester sits back and hits them hard on the counter with pace he will have a classic stones brain fart and they'll score. he gets maybe 3 at most of those and then he's on the bench for the rest of his time at City. He had 1 a match it seemed like for us. Plus he's not good on set pieces which are what counter attacking teams thrive on.

my thought is he stays here and koeman teaches him the fundamentals of defending and he improves his weaknesses. he goes to city they just care about the stroking it about and passing and they won't focus as much on his glaring weaknesses (due to their system). i see him becoming a more complete footballer here, i see him becoming specialized there.

Annoyingly, he was keen to join Chelsea last year and now only interested in Man City?

I'd sell him to Chelsea if they'd pay it aha.

If it was Mourinho he wanted to work with, why is he not whoring himself to United?

Or does he just want out? Full stop.

haha good points and goes to show his true character, merc.

I don't see how his sources yet again blabbing to all of the press is any less despicable than him doing so himself.

For me it's even more gutless and thus worse, but I acknowledge that I'm in a minority of one in that opinion. I'd have more respect for him, though no lesser dislike of the fact, if he'd come out and said so himself rather than scheming behind the scenes. At least then he could be held to account, like Lukaku has been and is being.

I don't see how his sources yet again blabbing to all of the press is any less despicable than him doing so himself.

For me it's even more gutless and thus worse, but I acknowledge that I'm in a minority of one in that opinion. I'd have more respect for him, though no lesser dislike of the fact, if he'd come out and said so himself rather than scheming behind the scenes. At least then he could be held to account, like Lukaku has been and is being.

i'm with you Baba. Would rather hear from him that he's pursuing a move than his agent sharing info with the press and finding out that way. A bit like finding out your mate's having a kid via Facebook instead of him just telling you.

If we can get the price we want, time to let him go. With the money we get for him, we can certainly find a strong replacement and have money left over. It's easier to find someone who can do a job at centerhalf and allow us to not concede goals than it would be to find a replacement for a playmaker or a #9. Stones isn't the heart of our defense from a leadership or organizational perspective either. As much as I'd like to see him blossom with us, it's time to let him have his move if the price is right.

If we can get the price we want, time to let him go. With the money we get for him, we can certainly find a strong replacement and have money left over. It's easier to find someone who can do a job at centerhalf and allow us to not concede goals than it would be to find a replacement for a playmaker or a #9. Stones isn't the heart of our defense from a leadership or organizational perspective either. As much as I'd like to see him blossom with us, it's time to let him have his move if the price is right.

The cash flows on Goodison tonight, not a Kenwright to be seen. A stadium full of history, and it feels like we're in a dream.

The cash is flowing like this swirling storm inside. We couldn't keep it in; heaven knows we've tried

Don't let Man City in, neither to Chelsea. Be the good club you always longed to be

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know...

Well now they know

Let it go, let him go, we can't hold him back anymore.

If he turns away, we'll slam the door and we won't care anymore.

I don't care what they're going to say, let the media storm rage on.

John Stones never bothered me anyway.

It's funny how no money, made Everton seem small. And the fear that once controlled us, Moshiri has now helped with it all.

It's time to see what we can do, to test the market and break through.

No right, no wrong, no rules for EFC, we're free!

Our power flurries through the Mersey and the ground, our soul is spiraling in the wealth that's been found.

And one player in we hope that this won't last, the likes of Osman should be kept way in the past

The chode never bothered me anyway!

Well....that's probably the most thought out and utterly useless post I've ever replied with. But it was fun whilst it lasted.

i'm with you Baba. Would rather hear from him that he's pursuing a move than his agent sharing info with the press and finding out that way. A bit like finding out your mate's having a kid via Facebook instead of him just telling you.

Think it's a bit more like that time your girl told you she just needed some time to think about the relationship, and then you see her on the face space with your neighbor.

If we can get a John Terry type defender rather than the Rio Ferdinand Defender stones supposedly will be then I'm all for selling him.

Absolutely agree. Baresi is the greatest CB of all time for me, and whilst it's absurd to compare him with Terry and Ferdinand (like it would be to compare Maradona with Rooney), he combined all of the timing of tackle, reading of the game/ positioning (Terry stuff for me), distribution and composure (Ferdinand strengths) that they had between them, but it was the 'Terry' aspects of tackle timing and positioning to intercept that made him imperious for me.

I remember watching games on C4 on a Sunday where he played for 90 minutes and wasn't beaten by an opponent once - in a time when the likes of Batistuta, Balbo, Mancini, Signori, Zamorano, Baggio etc. we're all at the peak of their powers in the same league

The last two summers he's had the chance to work with Jose and Pep, I really don't blame him for wanting to go. The lad isn't a blue. Ok we gave him a chance, and then he also got a fair bit of stick face to face last summer at the motorway service followed up by the grief he got at the park end in the Spurs game. I would think the incident at the services will have stuck in his head, and probably scared him a bit too. Even before we look at the chance to be a regular in a team that will be competing, I've no problem. We'll make a good profit on him, life goes on. I hope he doesn't get the same kind of grief that Lescott got, and putting a transfer request in at least saves us his 10%.

The last two summers he's had the chance to work with Jose and Pep, I really don't blame him for wanting to go. The lad isn't a blue. Ok we gave him a chance, and then he also got a fair bit of stick face to face last summer at the motorway service followed up by the grief he got at the park end in the Spurs game. I would think the incident at the services will have stuck in his head, and probably scared him a bit too. Even before we look at the chance to be a regular in a team that will be competing, I've no problem. We'll make a good profit on him, life goes on. I hope he doesn't get the same kind of grief that Lescott got, and putting a transfer request in at least saves us his 10%.

you sure about that? i know that was true with fellaini but i'm not sure john's contract is like that. because that barnsley fan on here was convinced last time that they'd still get their cut.

If £50 mill was spent on butland, the kid from fenerbache and mata give or take a few mill of our own I'd be happy

The problem is that we won't get anywhere close to 50 million with Barnsley's cut taken out. That, combined with the prices being bandied about for Koulibaly make me think that we'll have to flip that money directly for a CB with less potential.

Then that's fine Mark, they taught him the game from a young age. They should get their cut. Selling on young players like this can keep Barnsley going for the next ten years and give them a chance to progress. I think 15% of any profits we make is a reasonable amount.

Agree and smart business on their end to take the smaller amount up front, big risk but big reward.

So 50m we would see 42.5 in reality. I think that's more than enough for a quality CB replacement.