IGNORED

DKs random facts

Your the one with too much time on your hands, you search back.You have done it to others me included.

Your problem is you don't like it back.

Even to do it once, even to DK, it's so fucking petty.To post just to correct someone, have you got nothing else to do?

It's other people talking shit, yeh, that's right, never you.Matt comes in and says maybe pointless bickering wont help with new members, probably right, but you can't accept that in this case you are part of the problem.

Maybe I'm wrong and part of your job is to correct grammer and spelling mistakes?

huh.png

Your the one with too much time on your hands, you search back.You have done it to others me included.

Your problem is you don't like it back.

Even to do it once, even to DK, it's so fucking petty.To post just to correct someone, have you got nothing else to do?

It's other people talking shit, yeh, that's right, never you.Matt comes in and says maybe pointless bickering wont help with new members, probably right, but you can't accept that in this case you are part of the problem.

Maybe I'm wrong and part of your job is to correct grammer and spelling mistakes?

huh.png

Not you Matt ! I really must sort out how I word my posts!! I'll be in big trouble.....from you know who!

Avin

If its not about helping the forum, why did you ask him to do it on your forum. ??

Mike, Is that meant to be singular or plural. ?

Bill, I think I covered that in post #125.

You 'must' have read it, or how would you possibly know? Damn. Have you been discussing me behind my back? Tut tut.

So I have to provide the evidence to back up your argumenthuh.png .

Sounds fair.

I don't correct grammar/spelling DK aside (search surely and see how often I've corrected you).

I'm quite happy when people take the piss out of me....it's a bit of fun.

Really don't know what your problem isdont%20know.gif .

(DK's going to have a fit when he sees his threadrofl.gif )

So I have to provide the evidence to back up your argument:huh: .

Sounds fair.

OH!........So there is evidence....mmmmmm!

You Know I've accused you of it in the past, it's petty, nearly as petty as this fucking arguement.

My last word is, we've come to expect it from dear old DK, when a mod indulges in revenge insults it's a bit sad.

OH!........So there is evidence....mmmmmm!

You Know I've accused you of it in the past, it's petty, nearly as petty as this fucking arguement.

My last word is, we've come to expect it from dear old DK, when a mod indulges in revenge insults it's a bit sad.

One of us is in a parallel universe 250.

Who started this "petty" argument?

There is no revenge, there are no insults on my part.

What the fuck has being a mod got to do with anything?

My last word? Wibble.

You could delete all the posts, then leave the thread for DK to post without any silly replies.

Personaly its just a guy posting Birthdates and little snippets of information, it doesnt warrant any replies, if there has to be a reply it should just be a thank you to him for doing it..

Edited by Bill

What in the name of creation and sonny Jesus has been going on here. Can't go away for five minutes.

I (even) had nothing to do with it. Wasn't even here.

What a fucking mess. And whoever asked about a bit of talk, Yes it's all very well and good if those involved understand I'm not threatening unless threatened, never was one to take any crap, but it can be awkward with discussions sometimes when you're not always on everybodys wavelength. That goes for all involved. Most will get upset with each other at one stage or another or have disputes, but why bring it here.

And what's with that expert recognition bullshit. I'm no fucking attention whore, you can leave that to one or two others. All I'm doing is giving out statisitcs to past events, with one or two bits of additional information on certain games when the need arises. I may be older than most participants, but have no divine right to admit any more club knowledge than anyone else. Wasn't no expert crap or attention whoring damn it. I'd rather keep a low profile than anything else, but had to question that. Wasn't being condescending or anything. Just been a supporter of the club for a long time and maybe know that extra bit of club history and statistics than some others and add it to past games and incidents when necessary, or a past experience happened near (or on) the game in question that highlighted it a little more than just a standard game. Only trying to tidy one or two things up so no-one gets the wrong information, but people can fuck off with the recognition angle. I'm not overly pendatic either. Maybe pointed out one or two grammatical errors in the past and it all snowballed from there. It's not so bad if people can't genuinely help it, but when people are too lazy, or don't put enough care and attention into posts when they're more than able, then it's something else, but really, even then, it's not really worth an argument I feel anymore. Also prefer to use full names. Was aware Morrissey was well recognized as John or Johnny, but went (in retrospect it was an ill-advised choice) to present his full name.

Now as stated before from one or two level heads, I suggest we can move on from all this and keep to what this thread is, merely for soccer statistics and past events. If people want to read, fine. Don't ask for anything back. Don't get no superiority from it, no sense of attention craving, no super human characteristics or anything you may want to include. Maybe it's appreciated and all very well, after a particular date or anniversary for anyone, if they so wish, to drop by and add something from what they remember from a date in question, so long as it's sensible and doesn't cause any outrageous incidents. I hope we can move on from todays misunderstandings

Back to club statistics . Please

Tobias Linderoth - short lived and less than memorable Sweden player of the early 1990s - 34 Years Old Today

Albert Dunlop - celebrated goalkeeping figure of the 1950s - would have been 81 Years Old Today

Today in 2003 - a 1 - 4 defeat at Chelsea in the EPL. Carsley with the only goal

Today in 2001 - a 1 - 4 loss at Arsenal in the EPL. Campbell on target against former club

Today in 2000 - a 0 - 0 home draw with Liverpool in the league

Today in 1990 - a 0 - 1 loss at Manchester City in the first division

Today in 1984 - a 1 - 2 loss at Sunderland in the first division (only this time we won't be in the FA cup Final. Reference to yesterday)

Today in 1979 - a 0 - 1 loss at Leeds United in the first division

Today in 1976 - a 3 - 1 win at then League Champions Derby County in the first division

Today in 1962 - a 1 - 1 draw at Manchester United in the league

Today in 1906 - The frst ever FA CUP final win. A 1 - 0 win over Newcastle United at the Crystal Palace. Sandy Young got the only goal on a most famous day for club history.

and now I'm going for a lie down

No significant Birthdays

On This Day

2012 - the Lazarus-type comeback at Old Trafford which ended 4 - 4 in one of the most enthralling games of the season. Fellaini Pienaar and Jelavic with two

2006 - a 0 - 0 no score draw with Birmingham City at home in the league

1989 - a 1 - 2 loss at Tottenham in the first division. Maybe some players minds weren't fully focused, in our defense

1972 - a 1 - 1 draw at the Victoria Ground as Kendall scores in a game with Stoke City

1969 - a 0 - 0 no score draw at home to Leeds United in the league. They would win the title in a few short weeks

1967 - a 1 - 0 win at Blackpool in the first division

1939 - a 1 - 2 loss at Charlton Athletic in the league. But nearest challengers Wolverhampton lose on the day and we win the league championship

2012 - the Lazarus-type comeback at Old Trafford which ended 4 - 4 in one of the most enthralling games of the season. Fellaini Pienaar and Jelavic with two

That was an amazing game! I think Jelavic was in hot form around about this time last year as he scored in the games before and after the United tie. It's a shame he's not performed the same in 2013.

To hell with Liverpool and Luis Suarez I truly feel and let's get back to events closer to home, and what a day for past happenings.

Gordon West - RIP. The late, great and ever present last line of defense of the Harry Catterick tenure that won league championships and other honors. One of the greatest goalkeeping names the club ever possessed. Sadly missed. - would have been 70 Years Old Today

On This Day

2004 - a 0 - 1 home loss to Blackburn Rovers. Stands out as it was the Easter weekend. Monday night game if memory serves

1999 - a 4 - 1 home win over Charlton Athletic in the league

1991 - a 3 - 3 draw at White Hart Lane in the first division at Tottenham. It would occur again the following year

1985 - The 3 - 1 win over Bayern Munich in the second game of the European Cup Winners Cup semi-final. Some insist best game ever at Goodison Park. It was today 28 years ago. Gray, Sharp and Trevor Steven on an epic night (see below)

1982 - a 2 - 1 win over Arsenal at home in the first division

1976 - a 2 - 0 home win over West Ham in the first division. The opposition themselves would appear in the ECWC final (and a loss to Anderlecht) only a few weeks on

1965 - a 1 - 0 home win over Arsenal in the first division

1926 - a 3 - 0 home win over Newcastle in the first division. William Dean would score all three

http://www.evertonfc.com/history/goodison-s-greatest-night.html

No significant birthdays today

On This Day

2003 - a 2 - 1 home win over Aston Villa in Moyes first full season in the EPL. Rooney and Campbell on target

1986 - a 0 - 0 draw at Nottingham Forest in the first division. Two badly missed dropped points in the final run

1980 - a 2 - 0 home win over Southampton in the first division.

1975 - a 1 - 1 draw at Chelsea in the first division

1958 - a 3 - 0 win at Nottingham Forest in the first division

1947 - a 2 - 0 home win over Preston North End in the first division

1930 - a 3 - 2 home win over Sheffield United in the first division

1913 - a 3 - 1 home win over Sheffield Wednesday in the first division. Only 4,900 were in attendance

Last few uncomfortable days out the way so worth an update on this

May 2nd

Gary Megson - unfortunate haired and short lived midfield unit of the late Gordon Lee tenure - 54 Years Old Today

On This Day

1992 - a 2 - 1 home win over Chelsea in the league. It was a memorable day. Beagrie and Beardsley on target.

1988 - a 0 - 0 draw at the Baseball Ground with Derby in the old first division

1987 - League champions, but only a 0 - 0 home draw with Manchester City in the league

1983 - a 1 - 0 home win over Coventry in the first division. Only 12,000 are in attendance

1981 - a 1 - 1 draw at Birmingham City in the first division

1936 - a 5 - 0 home win over Preston North End in the league

1931 - a 1 - 2 away loss at Preston North End in the second division

more facts and statistics another time

May 3rd

Edward Youds - you remember the name, but not the games. Got involved (very infrequently) under Harvey/ Kendall in the late 1980s /early 1990s - 43 Years Old today

On This Day

2009 - a 2 - 0 win at Sunderland in the EPL

2003 - a 0 - 2 loss at Fulham in the EPL

1998 - a 0 - 4 loss at Arsenal in the EPL. They won the league championship because of it

1997 - a 0 - 3 loss at Sunderland in the EPL at Roker Park. They would be relegated at end of season

1995 - a 3 - 3 home draw with Chelsea in the EPL

1989 - a prelude to the FA cup Final and a 0 - 0 no score draw with Liverpool at home in front of 46,000

1986 - a 6 - 1 home win over Southampton in the first division. Lineker would get three

1930 - a 4 - 1 home win over Sunderland in the first division. But we would be relegated of all things.

1902 - a 2 - 3 loss to Glasgow Rangers in the Ibrox disaster fund appeal league cup semi-final game. Played at Celtic.

Alec Troup - provider (and scorer) of many pivotal goals of the 1920s including the assist that brought about William Deans record breaking 60th league goal against Arsenal in the 27/28 league campaign - would have been 118 years old today

On This Day

1993 - a 0 - 2 home loss to Sheffield United in the EPL, only 15,000 were in attendance

1991 - a 1 - 0 home success with Luton Town in the old first division

1987 - The league championship arrives with a 1 - 0 win at Norwich City in the first division. Van Den Hauwe on target

1985 - a 1 - 0 win at Sheffield Wednesday in the league

1982 - a 1 - 0 home win over Leeds United in the league

1977 - a 0 - 0 draw at Leeds United in the league

1968 - a 3 - 0 home win over Stoke City in the League. Ball got two that day

1966 - pre cup final nerves evident maybe and a 0 - 3 loss at Leicester in the league

1963 - a 1 - 0 home win with Bolton as the league championship nears

No significant Birthdays today

On this day

2007 - a 3 - 0 home win over Portsmouth in the league

2001 - a 1 - 2 loss at Chelsea in the league

1996 - a 1 - 0 home win over Aston Villa in the EPL. Parkinson got the only goal. We could have qualified for the UEFA cup, but Arsenal beat Sheffield United at home to take the final place, and we just missed out. Remember it like yesterday

1990 - a 3 - 3 home draw with Aston Villa in the league, who had a very good side and finished runners-up in the league. Put nine goals past us in two games that season

1986 - a 3 - 1 home win over West Ham in the first divsion, to ensure second place. They would finish in third, that year

1984 - a 1 - 1 home draw with Manchester United in the league

1979 - a 1 - 1 draw at Tottenham in the league

1951 - a 0 - 6 loss at Sheffield Wednesday in the league

1928 - a 3 - 3 draw with Arsenal in the first division, but it was much more than that. William Dean broke Camsells record for league goals in a season, 60 - and scored all three, to immortalize himself for all eternity at the club - it was today

(old link but still the same information and relevant date)

http://www.evertonbanter.co.uk/2008/05/80-years-on-dixie-deans-60goal.html

No, that's my area, old and archaic match experiences.

Good to see you back and involved and everything, but that Dean date does give you goosebumps - what an anniversary

85 years ago to the day - it happened

Don't want to keep on and going out for the night, but It sure would have been something to have been there that day. There has to be, one or two, surviving witnesses maybe. That's all for today

Absolutely dead on my feet, been on the go since first light, but today is a special anniversary date

Birthdays today

Norman Whiteside - short lived and injury prone center forward of some caliber that was ultimately responsible for denying the team the treble occasion of 1984-85, but made a significant contribution in the 1989-90 season, and still, or was, a very good player - still only 48 years old today

On This Day

2011 - a 2 - 1 home win with Manchester City in the league

2006 - a 2 - 2 home draw with West Bromwich Albion in the league

2005 - a 2 - 0 home win over Newcastle United in the European Cup season

1994 - The famous win over Wimbledon on the last day when Limpar gives away a nothing penalty, Ablett almost sends the club down, Horne achieved legendary status, and Hans Segers made a fuck-up of a simple Stuart effort nine minutes from time - we won 3 - 2. It was today

1988 - a 1 - 2 home loss to Arsenal in the first division

1984 - a 2 - 0 win at Aston Villa in Birmingham in the first division. Graeme Sharp and Kevin Richardson before the FA Cup Final

1983 - a 5 - 1 win at Kenilworth Road with Luton Town in the first division. Great fucking score in retrospect

1977 - a 1 - 1 home draw with Coventry City in the first division. We would win 6 - 0 in the same game later that year

1963 - a 4 - 0 win at West Bromwich Albion in the first division - the league championship was waiting

David Weir - recognized and loyal defensive club unit player under both Smith and Moyes - 43 Years old Today

On This Day

1998 - a 1 - 1 home draw with Coventry City in the league. Farrelly achieves legendary status, Barmby misses a penalty kick, Dion Dublin scores a last minute goal, a draw was enough, mass pitch invasion and it started to rain. Not as nervous an afternoon as 1994 as in the end a draw was enough, but still a special day for all involved

1989 - a 2 - 1 win at Manchester United in the first division. Ferguson still yet to win a first trophy, and it was only a few days away from the FA cup final, so no pre-match nerves evident at a difficult venue. Graeme Sharp scored twice

1986 - The 1986 FA Cup Final was today. Lineker at half time but Rush and Craig Johnston, of all people, give them the double achievement and Lineker was sadly to leave in June after only one season. Terrible day to be a blue to see them take both honors in the end

1977 - a 1 - 1 draw at Manchester City in the first division, they would be league runners up that year

1947 - a 3 - 2 win at Wolverhampton in the first division, a few years before they would become a truly great side

Andrew Rankin - deputy goalkeeper of Catterick years and recognized figure - 69 Years old today

On This Day, or what's left of it

2008 - a 3 - 1 home win over Newcastle in the EPL

2005 - a 0 - 7 loss at Arsenal in the EPL, which was damn painful, embarrassing result for all concerned

2003 - a 1 - 2 home loss to Manchester United in the EPL

2002 - a 3 - 4 loss at Arsenal, Highbury, in the EPL

1997 - a 1 - 2 home loss to Chelsea in the first division, just before they became slightly successful

1991 - a 1 - 1 draw at QPR in the 1st division

1987 - a 1 - 0 home win over Tottenham in the first division

1985 - a 0 - 1 loss at Notts Forest in the 1st division

1963 - a 4 - 1 home win over Fulham in the first division, on route to the league championship

I'll spare his embarrassment.

No Significant Birthdays today

On This Day

2012 - a 3 - 1 home win over Newcastle United in the league. Tried to register with Talk of the Tyne but they don't like rival fans, or have some weed up their ass, so didn't get far, and made the final day victory all the better

2007 - a 1 - 1 draw at Chelsea in the premier league. James Vaughan on target and not a bad result

1989 - a 3 - 1 home win over West Ham in the league before the FA cup final in the first division

1967 - a 1 - 1 draw at Turf Moor with Burnley in the first division. Alan Ball on target

Segundo Castillo - short lived, south american midfield player who was briefly involved and had one or two moments - 31 Years Old today

On This Day

2005 - a 2 - 3 loss at Bolton Wanderers in the european cup season, EPL game

2004 - a 1 - 5 loss at Manchester City in the EPL. Improving side, but nothing like in the most recent years. It was a poor league season for us

1989 - a 1 - 0 home win over Derby County in the first division, in preparation for the upcoming FA cup final

1985 - The final of the European Cup Winners Cup in Rotterdam against Vienna, no less. Great night for all involved. We could have done so much better in the following year/s but no good crying over spilt milk.

1982 - a 2 - 1 win in Birmingham against European Cup finalists Aston Villa, Graeme Sharp scored twice

(yesterday incidentally was the 1966 FA cup Final. Trebilcock, Kavanagh, Temple etc, a special day, but was unable to give a mention)

William Scott - Ireland goalkeeper of over 100 years ago who won an FA cup winners honor in 1906, and probably Everton's fourth greatest goalkeeper behind Southall, Edward Sagar and Gordon West. His brother played for Liverpool. Died far too prematurely - would have been 131 years old today

Leon Osman - is 31 years old today. Fine club servant

On This Day

No games played ! Everton have never been involved on this day of all things

Leaving it late for today, but in any event

Barry Horne - scorer of the second best goal I ever saw from this playing individual on that day in 1994, and fine club servant, not only at GP, but for other featured teams - he scored Everton's first ever EPL goal (a 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday) in August 1992 - 51 Years old Today

Li Tie - mixed time Chinese international that got involved but rarely produced much - 36 Years Old Today

On This Day

1985 - a 0 - 1 loss (after extra time) to Manchester United in the FA cup Final. Whiteside would join here himself a few years later, and to be fair, it was a goal worthy of winning any final game

1968 - a 0 - 1 loss to West Bromwich Albion in the FA cup Final. Astle scores in extra time to take the trophy back to the black country. Husband misses a good chance to settle it in normal time and it was to be another final disappointment