IGNORED

DKs random facts

I'd appreciate if the direct above could be removed. Go to a lot of time and effort and today was a special day for results and statistics and now people can't even read it, due to the above nonsense. Don't get me wrong, think you do some great illustrations and things, but need to understand there's some areas where it's really not applicable. Two of the biggest games in the last 40 years occured today and just been trivialized a little. No sense in getting upset but you can understand the situation.

I'd appreciate if the direct above could be removed. Go to a lot of time and effort and today was a special day for results and statistics and now people can't even read it, due to the above nonsense. Don't get me wrong, think you do some great illustrations and things, but need to understand there's some areas where it's really not applicable. Two of the biggest games in the last 40 years occured today and just been trivialized a little. No sense in getting upset but you can understand the situation.

It's still theredont%20know.gif .

There's no sense in arguing

Todays Birthdays

James McFadden - two spells, recognized figure, seemed to impress more at International, than club level, seems to have been around for ages - 30 Years Old Today

Roy Vernon - late, forward of the Catterick tenure who won a league championship medal in 1963 and scored a lot of important goals. Not quite of legendary status, but for sure one of the most important names of club history - would have been 76 Years Old Today

On This Day

2012 - The second half capitulation or surrender to Liverpool in the FA cup semi-final, We lost 1 - 2. Still painful to some

2001 - a 1 - 2 loss at Aston Villa in the EPL

1995 - a 2 - 0 home win over Newcastle in the League, only a short time after the FA cup sixth round win over the same opposition at the same venue

1990 - a 2 - 2 draw at Luton Town in the first division. They were always difficult opposition for anyone at Kenilworth Road once upon a time

1984 - Adrian Heath in extra time scores the goal that beats Southampton and takes the club to the FA cup Final. We won 1- 0 at Highbury

1973 - a 2 - 4 loss at Wolverhampton in the league. They did have a very decent side at the time

1962 - a 3 - 0 win over West Ham in the league. Home game

1956 - a 1 - 6 loss at Chelsea in the league. They were league champions at the time, but still an embarrassment

1951 - a 0 - 4 loss at Sunderland in the league

You need to lighten up mate and get used to a little banter and leg pulling. doh.gif

A while back, (If I remember) I felt for you a little, as you were doing your stats, and nobody was taking the slightest bit of notice, so being a nice guy I offered you the opportunity to post the same on my forums to give you an extra outlet for your interest, and you arrogantly declined, telling me that "Not much was happening there" lol.

Well, not much is happening in this thread either, but at least I 'tried' to offer you a little support, as I also did when defending you against the 'head patting' comments. You just don't realise who your allies are sometimes mate.

Try having a laugh now and then. dont%20know.gif

I've been here long enough to recognize who's who and what their feelings are, I'm hardly oblivious to what goes on. I don't ask for no plaudits in this. I don't expect people to faint or offer congratulations. This isn't about laughs or humor, this isn't a fucking comedy corner, just plain simple statistics that some will appreciate and some acknowledgment to past events. As someone stated before, you try to be decent and accomodating, but come across awkward and belligerent sometimes, or just making a situation worse, although maybe it's not always intentional. About why this thread was even started in the first place being one such example.

That's the last on this issue but it had to be mentioned. Yet again, todays statistics and past events have been put on the back seat or taken a rear position to something else that shouldn't have arisen. It is a pity. That's the last on this for today.

No Significant Birthdays Today

On This Day

2006 - a 0 - 1 home loss to Tottenham in the league

2000 - a 4 - 0 home victory over Bradford City. EPL

1989 - a 1 - 0 win over Norwich City in the FA cup semi-finals in Birmingham. Pat Nevin only goal with a scrambled effort

1986 - a 2 - 0 win at Vicarage Road against Watford. 1st division

1978 - a 1 - 0 home win over Ipswich. 1st division. They would win the FA cup only weeks later

1974 - a 0 - 3 loss at Manchester United in the league. They would be relegated at end of season

1963 - a 2 - 2 home draw with Birmingham. 1st division

1960 - a 4 - 0 home win over Blackpool. 1st division

Johnathan Morrissey - celebrated unit of the Catterick years and mostly recognized figure - 72 Years Old Today

1998 - a 1 - 1 home draw with Leicester City. The short lived Mickael Madar got us the draw.

1992 - a 1 - 0 away win at Highfield Road with Coventry City in the last season of the old first division

1987 - a 1 - 0 win at Aston Villa in Birmingham in the first division. They would be relegated in a few short weeks

1981 - a 4 - 1 home win over Middlesbrough in the league

1938 - a 0 - 2 loss at Sunderland in the league

Johnathan Morrissey - celebrated unit of the Catterick years and mostly recognized figure - 72 Years Old Today

Great player....but he wasn't called "Johnathan," he was christened John and was known as Johnny (also there's no "h" after the "o" in the traditional spelling of Jonathan).

1977 - The loss in the second replay of the League Cup Final to Aston Villa in Manchester. After two drawn games, it went to a third tie, and we lost 2 - 3 in extra time after a marathon effort. Brain Little won it for them in the last minute of extra time after a defensive error.

Terry Darracott still haunts me.

Edited by formby

I'll just acknowledge him as something else next time if it's going to cause this level of dispute.

To the above who was upset by the defensive error/ final defeat in 1977, it may be of some consolation that we beat them 4 - 1 in the FA cup the very next season and they had a player sent off and even beat them in the League Cup the following season (1977/78) but not 100 per cent on the latter. I'm not going to research to verify statistics. If it's wrong, it's wrong, may have been a year later, but the FA cup game is spot on. If already aware, then it's good enough

That wasn't even the name in reference but it's good enough.

No Significant Birthdays today

Today in 2009 - the 0 - 0 draw with Manchester United in the FA cup semi-final and subsequent win on penalties

Today in 2003 - a 1 - 2 home loss to Liverpool in the league

Today in 1997 - a 2 - 2 draw at West Ham in the league

Today in 1988 - a 2 - 1 win at Highfield Road in the league over Coventry City

Today in 1986 - a 1 - 0 home win over Ipswich in the league. The days opposition would be relegated at end of season

Today in 1983 - a 2 - 0 home win over Manchester United in the league, just weeks after the FA cup exit in the sixth round

Today in 1980 - a 0 - 3 loss at Tottenham in the league

Today in 1967 - a 3 - 1 home win over Chelsea in the league

Today in 1958 - a 2 - 5 home loss to Manchester City in the league

Here we have a member trying to improve the forum and make it a better place to come, why do other members keep trying to ridicule him and make unneccessary comments whenever he posts. ??

He must spend a lot of time gathering in all the info, and even more time typing out the posts, why dont people stop trying to ruin it, and just appreciate that what he is doing is not only for the benefit of the forum, but for all the members also.

Younger members will not worry unduly if its Jonathan, Jonny, or plain John, but the older members will know exactly who he is referring to, so there was no need for any comment.

I used to call him Mogsey myself, one of the unsung heroes of our club.

So carry on DK, i like the memories you bring back.

Edited by Bill

Here we have a member trying to improve the forum and make it a better place to come, why do other members keep trying to ridicule him and make unneccessary comments whenever he posts. ??

He must spend a lot of time gathering in all the info, and even more time typing out the posts, why dont people stop trying to ruin it. Appreciate that what he is doing is not only for the benefit of the forum, but for you members also.

Younger members will not worry unduly if its Jonathan, Jonny, or plain John, but the older members will know exactly who he is referring to, so there was no need for any comment.

I used to call him Mogsey myself, one of the unsung heroes of our club.

So carry on DK, i like the memories you bring back.

I'm pedantic and picky with DK purely because he's pedantic and picky with everyone else. If he can't take it he shouldn't give it. Simplesmile.png .

I'm pedantic and picky with DK purely because he's pedantic and picky with everyone else. If he can't take it he shouldn't give it. Simple:) .

The minute I saw DK use the name 'johnathan' as in Morrissey, instead of as most who can remember or even care 'Johnny', I put it down to DK's traits.

DK's a one off, sometimes rude, sometimes funny and sometimes from a different planet.Thing is he keeps posting, isn't that what keeps forums alive.

There has to be a reason why a forum that on face value looks as good or better than any other Everton forum can't attract regular new posters.If you lost say five long term members this forum would probably dry up.I don't understand why people register then never post, or don't even register, but I would say that picking up on spelling mistakes or slightly wrong 'names' surely doesn't require a major piss take.

I made a post way back about some kind of fact concerning Everton, relevent to this season.....just happened to miss the 'r' out of Everton!.......fuck me, no remarks about the relavent fact, instead it became a post about 'Eveton' (think it was the r I missed).

Point is new posters are probably put off for fear of getting something wrong!!

What a friggin shame.

I personally think a moderator should set examples.

Can any other member offer up reasons as to why this forum seems to attract such little new blood, I would have thought this really could be 'the' place for Evertonians.

There are some very good members on here, they deserve more people to share their views with.There is certainly a place for people like DK, he's different, but aren't we all!

Oh for goodness sake....me and DK have regular pops at each other. It's only a bit of fun....he gives as good as he gets.

surely that should be "DK and I"......See, silly and tedious and could put off the odd poster.

That was the question I was posing above.Play grammer police all you want, I'm up for numerous corrections, I know my spelling is krap, but I don't care.

I think if DK quit with the self declared Everton Expert bollocks he'd get less stick. It has nothing at all to do with helping forums and everything to do with DK's need for recognition.

That's why there is little interest in it, as folk aren't all naïve.

The spelling thing has become a bit boring too.

surely that should be "DK and I"......See, silly and tedious and could put off the odd poster.

That was the question I was posing above.Play grammer police all you want, I'm up for numerous corrections, I know my spelling is krap, but I don't care.

You (probably intentionally) miss my point completely.

I agree with you that your spelling is dreadful ("surely" is spelt "surely"), but lots of people make grammatical mistakes (myself included), and I never say a word.

DK corrects people, so I correct him....that's all. It's a one v one thing, don't see why people feel the need to get involved.

You (probably intentionally) miss my point completely.

I agree with you that your spelling is dreadful ("surely" is spelt "surely"), but lots of people make grammatical mistakes (myself included), and I never say a word.

DK corrects people, so I correct him....that's all. It's a one v one thing, don't see why people feel the need to get involved.

No your missing my point completely, sure your main target is DK, but you have played grammer police with other people.....and my point is it could put new posters off!

DK and myself can laugh it off.....the point you've missed is that maybe, just maybe it puts some posters off.

Now after you've checked my spellings, get back to the match.

No your missing my point completely, sure your main target is DK, but you have played grammer police with other people.....and my point is it could put new posters off!

DK and myself can laugh it off.....the point you've missed is that maybe, just maybe it puts some posters off.

Now after you've checked my spellings, get back to the match.

Who else have I done it with?

DK? Yes, in response to him doing the same.

You? Today.

Love to see some more examples.

Im sure this pointless bickering will put people off too....

Not pointless bickering Matt, it's people talking shit and me defending myselfwink.png .

If Dalziel were to come on and asked to be saved from the nasty bully then fine, but he won't.

How is this even an issue? It's pathetic.

Not pointless bickering Matt, it's people talking shit and me defending myselfwink.png .

If Dalziel were to come on and asked to be saved from the nasty bully then people could comment, but he won't.

Oh I know, wasnt aimed at you.

One simple question, and its for DK. Do you care about a bit of banter?

I think if DK quit with the self declared Everton Expert bollocks he'd get less stick. It has nothing at all to do with helping forums and everything to do with DK's need for recognition.

Avin

If its not about helping the forum, why did you ask him to do it on your forum. ??

How is this even an issue? It's pathetic.

Mike, Is that meant to be singular or plural. ?

Edited by Bill

Who else have I done it with?

DK? Yes, in response to him doing the same.

You? Today.

Love to see some more examples.

Your the one with too much time on your hands, you search back.You have done it to others me included.

Your problem is you don't like it back.

Even to do it once, even to DK, it's so fucking petty.To post just to correct someone, have you got nothing else to do?

It's other people talking shit, yeh, that's right, never you.Matt comes in and says maybe pointless bickering wont help with new members, probably right, but you can't accept that in this case you are part of the problem.

Maybe I'm wrong and part of your job is to correct grammer and spelling mistakes?