IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

It's good and bad though. I understand that their team will be torn apart but with the money they get they can re-invest. If Klopp signs the right players there is no reason why they can't do the same next year.

Oh i know, its just a bit of a shame because its a really great side. Like i said, i look forward to seeing how Klopp goes about building his next team.

Would love them to beat Bayern now.

Christ, basically at the end of the season all Dortmund's players turn to the red of Bayern. It's going to look as if something embarrassing happened in the wash.

Edit: This is an amazing statistic too - Real Madrid's starting XI: £345m. Dortmund's starting XI: £29m.

Edited by Zoo

The Bayern manager said today then have a deal in place for Lewandowski as well.

I didnt think i could dislike them anymore, if thats true then it just gave me another good reason. Bayern are turning into the Chelsea/City of the German league. Its horrible because it shows how much money rules the sport. Hope Dortmund can re-invest and wipe the floor with Bayern next season.

I wanted to see Madrid in the final because I wanted to see Mourinho win it again but that was some performance from Dortmund and Klopp looks like a madman! The most impressive thing about Dortmund is that they do the basics so well and there are no individuals. Everyone works together and it shows what is possible with just a little bit of vision.

The fans are something else as well.

I didn't get the full result but been one or two mentions of the Germans with a victory. Should be indifferent but maybe a little upset, would have prefered Madrid to make the final (and be eventual winners)

Appears now first all German final in the history of the competition. Some will be upset and there could be demonstrations, but most people will merely see it as a decent final tie and German soccer really has come to the fore once again in recent years. They should be one of the favorites for the tournament in Brazil next year.

Both German teams played aggressive football with 5 gears forward and no reverse - and in the process anihalated the pride of Spain -

no defending of leads or long balls - or back passes - not really Mr Moyes's type of game - can't see him going to the Bundes League-

hope BorussiaDortmund pulls it off - should then be a great example for Everton to emulate

think he means people like the BNP will object to ze Germans winning something in England. Could happen unsure.png

someone will object, or some miserable news publications will have a field day with their (still) archaic and obselete ridicule of all things German. A never ending hangover from the last war. It was over 60 years ago, but some silly cunts just can't let it go. 'Do not watch ze final' or 'Himmel ! You must boycott ze Germans and zeir big game'.

It's just that from previous games especially during World Cups, some asinine 'news' rags didn't seem aware that wartime hostilities had long ended, and didn't give a thought that it may upset some German born readers, even though there was no real malice involved, but still not for everyone. One or two others may have hardly jumped at the prospect of having an all-German final especially on English soil. You know how easy it is for anything, and nothing, to quickly become an issue. Myself, all a bit indifferent to it. Good luck to both and may the best man win (they look sure to do it now with respective leads), but you know how some can react.

Playing a derby is all about who has the biggest balls, and who can keep their cool. It has little to do with previous form. Traditionally, we let the occasion get to us, so not expecting too much, although Moyes has now played more than 20 of them, as have some of our players, and we should have a little edge in that respect.

I'll be watching it from a bar in Portugal hopefully. happy.png