IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Glad Tottenham & Newcastle went out. Nearly split my sides at Adebayor's penalty, like the pundits after the game were saying I can only see Chelsea winning it now. It's all they've got to play for and with the squad they have it shouldn't be a problem.

An all German final would be more interesting but I don't really care who goes through or wins it, I just hope that all games are entertaining and that all of the teams go for it with attacking football rather than sizing each other up for 90 minutes and playing for scrappy 1-0's.

BBC seems to think it will be... Could be all German final too (which I would prefer)

Last all Spanish final was 2001 maybe, but not going to wade through statistics to verify. Actually I'm 99.9 per cent on that thinking. All German Final was, I can't think of such an occasion. Never happened in the European Cup history that I recall. Bottom line is, and once again, whoever makes the showpiece event, at least they'll be no repeat of that embarrassment from last year and a team (hopefully) this time will be deserving champions. (That performance and outcome last final event still makes me upset to an extent so always an opportunity to berate). I don't care too much about what occurs in the UEFA cup or Europa League or whatever the damn thing's called now. Plastics can have that if they can manage it. Fuck them in all honesty.

I think the camera makes it look like that, but he's just celebrating when Di Canio catches his eye from watching 101 goals.

You could be right, but he has done it a few times in the past.

I can't stand the horrible little man though so I may be looking at it in a biased way!

You could be right, but he has done it a few times in the past.

I can't stand the horrible little man though so I may be looking at it in a biased way!

His hoppo looks to be rubbing it in good style though ha ha.

Maybe they are. Having said that, if it were Moyes doing it to Dalglish, he would be knighted by our fans lol.

I don't mind too much Pardew as an individual. Was a decent player, and some won't be old enough to recall, but scored a winner against Liverpool in an FA cup semi-final some years ago. It was a tremendous moment. Took West Ham to two play off finals, into the EPL, and very nearly won the FA cup, so must have been doing something right. Also had a great season at Newcastle and other fine achievements. The man has hardly been a managerial failure. One thing I hate about Newcastle is it's association with various individuals, those 'celebrity' figures who will not be discussed, and even difficult to give a thought to, but as a standalone club side, not really a problem.

Pardew is a total nob. I don't think his celebrations were directed at Di Canio (even though the picture makes it look that way) but I do dislike the man. He's arrogant and has no reason to be considering that he's done fuck all with the teams he's managed.

Pardew is a total nob. I don't think his celebrations were directed at Di Canio (even though the picture makes it look that way) but I do dislike the man. He's arrogant and has no reason to be considering that he's done fuck all with the teams he's managed.

I couldn't even find a suitable response.

I couldn't even find a suitable response.

You continually condemn Moyes for not winning a trophy (and assert he never will).

What has Pardew won? Would be a suitable response and would silence any dissenters if you were to list his silverwaresmile.png .

The kid said 'Pardew has done fuck all'

I argued it, as Pardew (once again) took West Ham to three final dates, two play off finals, (won one and with it a place in the EPL) and was only twelve seconds away from winning the FA cup as manager, and as before, had a great season at Newcastle and took them at least to a 3rd or 4th place finish once again. That's not bad.

Just take issue when people label Pardew as a shit manager, when he's evidently not. He's clearly done tangible achievements.

Moyes isn't shit either, while we're at it. They're both good managers, that haven't actually won anything, but at least Pardew has that little more drive and ambition. People can berate all they like.