IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Tonights action only makes the thread title more embarrassing than it already is. I wasn't aware there was any games today but reading the above, appears it was the champions league rounds again and Paris Saint Germain got a draw with Barcelona. This had to have been in France. Spanish still favorites to progress with the second game to come for sure. I can't quite think who else is involved right now, except aware there will be no British representation in the last rounds, and maybe that's just as well

Saw above also, QPR had their pinnacle in 1976 when they finished runners up in the old first division. That was their biggest achievement to date.

Tonights action only makes the thread title more embarrassing than it already is.

Explain to me how exactly the thread title is 'embarrassing'? The only thing that is embarrassing around here are your posts as most of them are complete bollocks.

Explain to me how exactly the thread title is 'embarrassing'? The only thing that is embarrassing around here are your posts as most of them are complete bollocks.

Zoo, don't be so defensive. dont%20know.gif

He's right to be fair mate. The thread should not be called 'This weekends Footy' and then get used for matches on Wednesdays. We could do with a 'mid-week football' thread or a decent compromise. Having a weekend footy thread drives literal thinkers like Dalz, and myself up the wall lol.

Just a matter of semantics here, surely. QPR and Forrest have lots of history, but for 30 or so years havent done anything to still warrent the tag of 'big club'.

Edit: and yes, same logic might be applied (wrongly in my opinion) to Everton

How is 'big club' narrowed down to what a club has won?

QPR were around shortly after us, and Loftus Rd is one of the games historical grounds. The fact they haven't won much during their history shouldn't detract from their status within the foundations of the English game. When you grow up in the 60's / 70's, you tend to look upon the traditional clubs in a fonder light I guess.

As for Forest, and Clough, what is there to debate? Romance is lost on you young whipper snappers. I suppose Stoke, or Notts .co are tiny clubs in some folks eyes, but they're the oldest clubs in the world.

Everyone knows what's bein discussed in this thread..the title doesn't make sense any more granted...but it also doesn't matter one iota..zoo started it as a weekend footy thread...i'm sure he wouldn't be offended if someone started another for midweek if it really irritates them :)

Zoo, don't be so defensive. dont%20know.gif

He's right to be fair mate. The thread should not be called 'This weekends Footy' and then get used for matches on Wednesdays. We could do with a 'mid-week football' thread or a decent compromise. Having a weekend footy thread drives literal thinkers like Dalz, and myself up the wall lol.

I don't really take kindly to personal insults, you'd be the same. I can understand that mid-week games are being discussed in this thread but surely there are other things in life to get angry about. If you can't handle the fact that mid-week games are being discussed in a weekend thread then you've got issues.

I don't really take kindly to personal insults, you'd be the same. I can understand that mid-week games are being discussed in this thread but surely there are other things in life to get angry about. If you can't handle the fact that mid-week games are being discussed in a weekend thread then you've got issues.

Zoo, for a guy that can't handle insults (I didn't insult you) you don't half throw them around mate.

Perhaps take your foot off the gas and wind the window down, when you feel like getting all shirty. dry.png

Haha surely it could have just been called 'General Football' thread. I hate to point it out to the anally retentive ones but technically we can't talk about Monday night football in here as it's neither the weekend or mid-week.

Just saying.....

Haha surely it could have just been called 'General Football' thread. I hate to point it out to the anally retentive ones but technically we can't talk about Monday night football in here as it's neither the weekend or mid-week.

Just saying.....

Don't confuse them. wink.png

It is one of the existing seeds planted en route to Zoo's world thread creating dominance. It was left to grow for too long, and now the forum is full of the little buggers ha ha.