IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Wasn't he with Tranmere when they got to the League Cup Final in 2000. I wasn't even aware the shite had had a win in their last game. No sense in getting upset, nothing can be done about it now.

Looks as if QPR will be having an immediate return to the second division now. You kind of knew before time, that they wouldn't last long back in the premier league.

QPR are a team of has-beens that are only stupid wages giving nothing in return. The proof that they are all past it is the fact that they are 20th in the Premier League. If we were going to swoop for anyone in their team then I'd take Julio Cesar as a replacement for Tim Howard but other than that I'd not touch any with a barge pole (Remy included).

I hope they do go down and this result will only help. Harry Redknapp showing his class once again.

Edit: So glad we didn't get Junior Hoilett by the way. He reminds me of N'Zogbia in the fact that I really wanted him to come to Everton only to find out that 12 months down the line he's about as useful as a wet jaffa cake.

Edited by Zoo

I was expecting big things of Taraabt this season, but not really shone.

The fact that his French move fell through was the death of him. I actually liked him too, he would have done really well had he gone to Ligue 1.

Harry couldnt really do much about it, though i'll happily see him go down!

I'm not saying that he could it's just that the media and fans are touching themselves that he'd signed and in the end he's done sweet fuck all to help them stay in the league.

I wouldn't have Julio Cesar at the top of my list either Matt, it's just that out of their whole team I think he's the best player.

Zoo, they're one of the oldest clubs in England, one of the richest clubs in the world, and before you were born were a very decent side.

1 - Old does not mean big. Old means old.

2 - They may be one of the richest clubs in the world but they're sitting at the bottom of the table. That's like Newcastle United's theory about being a big side just because they have a big stadium and big funds. Having money does not mean you're a big club, winning trophies and having a solid league position does.

3 - That was then, this is now. If you're going with that theory then Nottingham Forest are a big side.

1 - Old does not mean big. Old means old.

2 - They may be one of the richest clubs in the world but they're sitting at the bottom of the table. That's like Newcastle United's theory about being a big side just because they have a big stadium and big funds. Having money does not mean you're a big club, winning trophies and having a solid league position does.

3 - That was then, this is now. If you're going with that theory then Nottingham Forest are a big side.

Nottingham Forest are an enormous side Zoo.

You need to be more humble with offering respect mate. You can't half tell you're a young lad.

Just a matter of semantics here, surely. QPR and Forrest have lots of history, but for 30 or so years havent done anything to still warrent the tag of 'big club'.

Edit: and yes, same logic might be applied (wrongly in my opinion) to Everton

Edited by Matt

Nottingham Forest are an enormous side Zoo.

You need to be more humble with offering respect mate. You can't half tell you're a young lad.

I agree with Matt here. Both teams have good history, there is no denying that but to say they are a 'big club' is living in the past.

Both teams have good history....

Forest have won a league championship, two FA cups, four league cups and the European cup twice (plus a UEFA super cup).

QPR won the league cup in 1967 (as a third division team).

I think "both" is a bit of a stretchsmile.png .