IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Well that was entertaining from Portugal, and our defence offered some comedy as usual. Bruno Alves' skill for the corner they scored their 3rd from being the highlight.

That last minute goal keeps us in a decent position to finish 2nd at least, but it's unbelieavable how we must do it the hard way EVERY SINGLE TIME. How can't anyone change the complacent attitude of our squad? It's been going on since 2000.

Ive got a tenner on our old friend Rasmus Elm to score the first goal

Same odds I think, was torn between them as he scored a freekick recently. You do it with Paddy Power (the have a mbs if Ibra scores the last goal)?

Edited by pete0

England game :

The commentators annoy me with their constant criticism of San Marino.

What exactly do they expect them to do against top flight professional footballers ?

As for our team, It's time we knew our best eleven, and stuck to it as closely as possible. We're not ruthless enough with selection, and if we're ever to win something, we need to have a team that are used to playing together.

Why is Lampard in the team? Hasn't he had enough caps? Get shut of the old dead wood, and choose eleven players, and play them every match.

Far too much of a lottery which team will play, and we'll never be the best doing that. As soon as we hit a good team, our arses fall out of our pants.

Why is Lampard in the team? Hasn't he had enough caps? Get shut of the old dead wood, and choose eleven players, and play them every match.

Probably because he's in really good form, scores regularly and puts in a good shift whenever he's played.

Belgium won 0-2 in Macedonia but played pretty shitty. Fellaini somehow managed to stay on the pitch for the entire 90 minutes, wouldn't start for me. De Bruyne scored the opener, didn't have a very good game, but he's a brilliant player. I wonder if we could get him on loan next season. Bremen want him again next season and Leverkusen and Wolfsburg have enquired as well, but I hope Chelsea might want him to acclimatize to the Premier League.

England game :

What exactly do they expect them to do against top flight professional footballers ?

As for our team, It's time we knew our best eleven, and stuck to it as closely as possible. We're not ruthless enough with selection, and if we're ever to win something, we need to have a team that are used to playing together.

Far too much of a lottery which team will play, and we'll never be the best doing that. As soon as we hit a good team, our arses fall out of our pants.

fkin amen to that! T'Was a disgrace. they were never going to be a challenge but mocking them was uncalled for.

England game :

Agree with that, it was annoying me the way they were talking about them, belittling them.

Apparently, the reason there were players playing who aren't usually starters is because Hodgson is resting them for the more difficult game on Tuesday. So expect Cole and Gerrard to come back in.

But Shearer didn't sack the manager back then....he just accepted a job offer.

Yeah but the attitude in which he says it is what I'm getting at. I know I'm not talking 100% sense I just want to have a dig at Shearer (is that a crime?).

Just found out the score, I'm not too dissapointed as I think we all expected Liverpool to win it, it's just a shame they did it in the final minute. I can't really call them cheats either because I didn't see the penalty at all and by the sounds of it Villa deserved to be punished.

Just found out the score, I'm not too dissapointed as I think we all expected Liverpool to win it, it's just a shame they did it in the final minute. I can't really call them cheats either because I didn't see the penalty at all and by the sounds of it Villa deserved to be punished.

The final minute? No they didn't.

It was a penalty to be fair. I'm more amazed at how half of their team gets away with shouting in the ref's face so often. Gerrard after having been booked seconds earlier as well.

Should have been off, after walking away then having a rant he was lucky not to get an extra yellow, but then to go back for more and blatantly disrespect the ref saying the crowd called the shots and not get punished is a joke. Any non England player would be off for that.