IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Barcelona vs. Milan tonight. 2-0 already to Milan but I think Barcelona are going to win the tie, it's going to be very hard to stop them tonight.

Edit: M'Baye Niang (remember him?) start for Milan tonight.

Edited by Zoo

It was so unlucky from Niang, he looks a lot like Balotelli from far away but he was made to pay at the other end by Lionel. He's un-playable tonight and quite rightly has two goals tonight, I can see him getting a third.

Woah! Giroud has just put Arsenal into the lead (3-2 now on aggregate) so it's all to play for, Porto and Malaga currently locked at 0-0 which is astounding seeing as Malaga have just had a perfectly good goal ruled out for a foul. I don't rate Porto's goalkeeper, Helton at all, I think he's total gash.

Edit: Malaga 1-0 Porto (1-1). Isco with the goal.

Edited by Zoo

I really felt in recent days I've just about had it with soccer and all the shit it entails and have lost significant interest in recent years but let's have a quick look back at what occured in the latest fixtures.

Don't like Spurs or the opposition, I like them losing 4 - 1, but they still went through. Maybe I just don't care..

Arsenal get a surprise 2 - 0 win in Munich, but it's still not enough, and they end up for another year without anything won.

FC porto, winners in 2003-04, are eliminated, and maybe it's for the best as I don't want, or can't have, a repeat of before, and lo and behold Millwall manage a surprise win at Blackburn and are into the semi-finals once again, and that could have been our last four opposition. Only makes the Wigan embarrassment harder to take.

As mentioned, just feel I've had enough of it all sometimes.

It's been a while since there were no English sides in the CL quarters.

Champions League Draw:

Malaga v. Dortmund

Real Madrid v. Galatasary

PSG v FC Barcelona

Munich v. Juventus

Europa League Draw:

Chelsea v. Rubin Kazan

Tottenham v. FC Basel

Fenerbache v. Lazio

Benfica v. Newcastle

Good. Might be the kick some of the bigger 'egos' needed.

They might actually start building teams instead of floundering their cash on big heads and media grabbers.

I like the Europa League draw though, good games in there. I think Chelsea and Tottenham will progress, Lazio and Benfica.

Yes it was 1995-96 when Juventus of Turin won the trophy, but saw it mentioned days ago.

I've lost interest in what the 'draw' presents and who is left now, but Dortmund (possible winners), Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus to progress in the champions league and then I don't care what the other tournament does, so long as any english club doesn't win, apart from maybe Newcastle, and even then that's unlikely to occur.