IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

And just think if Bale was English and what an improvement or difference he could make to your national side, as I think he's a very good player as tonight once again illustrated. Only found out the result a moment ago as I was unsure I even wanted to know what occured, but Mr Moore or not, I'm pleased the home side lost, even if Spurs did get a stronger hold on the champions league places, but I kind of gave up on us achieving fourth place some weeks ago.

He goes through Purple patches, he'll be averagely good again in a few weeks.

He won't get a game at Real Madrid if he moves. He's very good at the moment for Tottenham but dissapears in big games, like J said in a few weeks he'll be back to being average...

...and he still looks like a chimp.

Are there any other games tonight or do we have Tuesday all to ourselves. Had a look and apparently there's one or two games in the championship league and even Madrid and Barcelona in Spain I think but can only concentrate on the one game tonight.

Cope del Rey is on at 8:00. As you said its Real Madrid versus. FC Barcelona, it'll be a tough game and one which I can't predict. That said all I can think about is Everton.

It's 2-0.

A counter-attack from Madrid saw Di Maria (easily) turn Carlos Puyol before shooting and nearly scoring. The initial shot was saved by Pinto but fell to an un-marked Cristiano Ronaldo for him to score, smashing the ball into an empty net.

One of the most boring El Clasico's I feel (at the weekend) but Real Madrid seemed to teach Barcelona a lesson in football today, I just hope that they meet each other in the Champions League as I'm sure with Barca wanting revenge sparks would fly.

WTF is going on in the Sevilla v Atletico game. Scrappy little kicks and nudges, ref has no control at all. Now Medel has been sent off and I couldn't tell you what for, he's gone berserk after it held back from going at the ref then broke a plastic chair on his way to the tunnel.

Seems the plastics had a victory tonight in the game but they'll maybe get eliminated in Manchester for the next rounds and I'm not going to get angry about them and their little club and non existent history, but have you seen Middlesbroughs previous results before tonight.

Millwall HOME Lost 1 - 2

Burnley AWAY Drew 0 - 0

Crystal Palace AWAY Lost 1 - 4

Leeds HOME Won 1 - 0

Barnsley HOME Lost 2 - 3

Ipswich AWAY Lost 0 - 4

Aldershot HOME Won 2 - 1

Leicester AWAY Lost 0 - 1

Watford HOME Lost 1 - 2

That's a poor side for sure and if the plastics had faced a more stronger unit or capable opposition tonight it could have been a different story but one of the two heavyweights has to go out in the next rounds but I'd much prefer it if it was them instead of United. There may have been other minor games in the country tonight but that would have been the biggest event.

Disappointed, but it really wasn't much of a surprise

Braga knocked out Benfica last night on penalties to reach the final of the Taca Portugal. It'll be interesting to see who joins them there...

Glad Chelsea got through too as it means that one of the 'heavy-weights' will go out in the next round as opposed to Manchester United getting an easy tie against the Boro. I actually agree with Benitez's comments too, their fans are utter tools and it's no wonder why nobody wants to manage there.